PDA

View Full Version : Think I ate some moldy bread

Clydesdale Epona
28-01-19, 19:18
Sorry to do this guys but I just need a ramble I don't even really need a reply.

I made some toast and it turned out cold and chewy so threw it away and started again lol the second time wasn't much better, saw some dark green/blackish dots on the crusts so threw it away. I had a biteful though :/ it didn't looknliie the piece I ate had mould on it as there was no green or anything but I'm still freaking out :/

Likely hood is it will be fine but I'm just really anxiously weak right now, already had 3 or 4 breakdowns before my exams so I know that's whats contributing to it just needed to get it off my chest I suppose x

Haven't eaten all day so should do round 3, but maybe not bread aha

Carys
28-01-19, 19:41
By the sound of it you hardly ate any, even if you had some.....one bite would be very little. Lets not pretend moldy food is great, but the chances are you've probably (sadly LOL) eaten some bread mould before without realising. These are the same mould spores that are around in the environment all the time, and they found some nice bread to grow on, so in some way now and again you will be ingesting mould spores anyway. The major problem with it, I believe is that some people can be allergic to the mold toxins, but seeing as you are here posting on a forum you won't be having an allergic reaction. Your stomach acid will blat it almost straight away and any bacteria (if there were any), and your immune system in general would respond. Bread mold aint so bad as these things go.

Clydesdale Epona
28-01-19, 20:51
Hey :)

Thanks for reading my ramble I feel better now,

Had a muffin and some crisps, I think I'll leave it at that. Not feeling too hungry, not just because of the mold but that didn't help :roflmao:

My exams really got to me and honestly that's okay. I've been handling my health anxiety really well lately that just got me after it all x

Hope you're okay!

ErinKC
28-01-19, 20:56
You can actually make penicillin out of moldy bread... you'll be fine! Moldy food is generally not toxic unless you're allergic, like Carys said, but you'd know that by now!

lofwyr
29-01-19, 07:17
I often just cut the mold off and eat the bread. Half of blue cheese *IS* mold. Plenty of mold in the air around us. Very little chance it caused any harm, aside from a few select number of molds when spores are breathed in, they are harmless, and those molds aren't bread molds.

MyNameIsTerry
29-01-19, 07:20
I often just cut the mold off and eat the bread. Half of blue cheese *IS* mold. Plenty of mold in the air around us. Very little chance it caused any harm, aside from a few select number of molds when spores are breathed in, they are harmless, and those molds aren't bread molds.

I do that with cheese, cut the bit off. I've done the same with fruit.

I've just eaten a yoghurt that was over 3 weeks past it's Use By date and it was totally fine. Any mold in that stuff though and you see it floating and it will be like vinegar anyway.

People always seemed to just cut it off years ago. I expect we've been somewhat conditioned to throw away and buy more...I wonder who by? :winks: