PDA

View Full Version : Swollen node from pimple?

ErinKC
28-01-19, 21:35
Despite having health anxiety for many years now, I have never felt one of my lymph nodes. I have no idea how people are always feeling them! Even when my doctor tells me I have swollen nodes from a cold or sinus infection I have no clue what they are feeling.

But, last night when scratching the side of my face I noticed a really sore lump, like the size of a pea, right in front of my ear. I have a pimple about a centimeter above it that I've been picking at for several days (I'm a picker) that's also a bit sore to the touch. At first I thought the first bump was another pimple starting under the skin, but then it occurred to me that maybe it's a node?

Could a node swell up just from a sore pimple that's healing? Or, should I be worried the open pimple is infected? It doesn't seem infected (it's not oozing or pussy) but it is pretty sore to the touch and feels a bit swollen all around it.

I've cleaned the pimple well with peroxide and put antibiotic cream on. The whole area is pretty sore today - like when I smile or chew I can feel some pain. I'm guessing I've made it worse by poking and prodding.

Anyone else ever have something like this from a simple pimple that went away soon after? Thanks!

AMomentofClarity
28-01-19, 21:43
A pimple is, by definition, an infection. Infections make lymph nodes swell.