PDA

View Full Version : Hip and groin pain - really worried

Andromeda
30-01-19, 11:10
I've been trying my absolute best to curb my reassurance seeking but this has now become overwhelming to the point where I'm in tears with the pain and I can't get a GP appointment until the 14th.

My self soothing is NOT working.

I've had a problem with right sided pain since May last year. Lower back/side/pelvic pain.
Bloods/X-rays/ultrasounds all came back normal. They are now pretty convinced I have endometriosis.

Anyway the pains eased up a little until around a week and a half ago when all of a sudden I got this severe stabbing pain in my right groin. I've had a pain like that before but it went away. This one has now not gone away and it radiates in my groin, my hip and sometimes into my thigh and lower back/bum.

The pain brings tears to my eyes and makes me feel sick it's that bad.
It's a hot burning pain but also stabbing. Seems to be worse when I'm sat or lying down.
My tens machine isn't working on it.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? It doesn't feel muscular but then I'm not a doctor.

Considering I developed agoraphobia last year and my lifestyle has become sedentary as a result, the rational part of me is saying it's probably taken its toll on my joints and nerves and I do have terrible posture and tendency to slump on my right when I'm sitting down.

But I can't believe it would cause this to be so severe and constant....

Beckett
30-01-19, 19:09
Sorry to hear you are suffering. If you need pain relief badly can you try and get an urgent doctor appointment?