PDA

View Full Version : Two colds in a month, could I have HIV?

scaredpt
30-01-19, 13:11
I’ve gotten a cold for the second time this month. I keep getting scared that I have hiv, I was chatting with someone this summer who had it and he sneezed so I was wondering if I could’ve picked it up from him. Otherwise, can anxiety make you have colds?

BlueIris
30-01-19, 13:20
Bad luck can make you have colds. You're being ridiculous and I'm pretty sure you know it.

All else aside, HIV tends to take years to turn into full-blown AIDS.

venusbluejeans
30-01-19, 13:20
you can't catch HIV in that way... you have a cold as it is winter and anxiety will wear you down.

You know all this though, use logic.

ankietyjoe
30-01-19, 13:31
You know all this though, use logic.

And paracetamol

Midnight-mouse
30-01-19, 13:35
That’s not how HIV is transmitted, not even remotely.

Sorry to hear that your not feeling well though, make sure to rest and take on plenty of fluids.

Over the counter painkillers are useful if you have aches and pains or a fever, hope your feeling better soon.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venusbluejeans
30-01-19, 13:50
And paracetamol

and decongestant... maybe some tissues :D

seriously... absolutely 0% need to worry about HIV

ErinKC
30-01-19, 14:26
I've had like 5 colds this winter.

And, HIV is not transmitted by saliva.

AMomentofClarity
30-01-19, 14:27
This is a remarkably ignorant concern.

Missjensen
30-01-19, 14:45
Even if you where to French-kiss with this person, you would not get HIV. You can even have unprotected sex with a person with HIV that’s on medication without catching it, it’s extremely unlikely to catch it. We have a danish comedian with HIV that have two children the natural way, without his wife or children getting it!

I know it’s anxiety talking but this fear is ridiculous, people worry even though there haven’t had sex or sometimes even been in contact with a HIV smitten person.

I’ve had three colds this winter, and I never use to get sick at all !

jray23
30-01-19, 14:53
It's winter. People get colds.

The better question to ask yourself is why are you trying to link something so small to something so catastrophic? (although not terribly bad as hiv is very controllable these days).

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

dodo
30-01-19, 15:58
I’m on my third cold since Christmas and I 100% don’t have HIV

MyNameIsTerry
30-01-19, 16:13
Do you mean you are asking if the second cold could have been transmitted by this person who coincidentally also has something else you fear?

glassgirlw
01-02-19, 00:54
I’ve had three colds since October and I’m still dealing with the lingering cough from the last one. Plus, HIV can’t be transmitted through sneezing. It’s not an airborne virus.

I chalk up the colds to the fact that it’s winter, and everyone and their brother are snotting and sneezing all over the place. Plus, kids. Little Petrie dishes that they are. :roflmao: