PDA

View Full Version : gutted at lack of support at home

emmjay
30-01-19, 23:54
I have been here before, many years ago, and have re-married since.
Unfortunately, following a serious illness a few years ago, and "new family" issues, my panic has spiraled and my husband definitely has no understanding or compassion for it, which just makes me feel worse. :weep:
Current health worries have overtaken my life and I feel I have no support at all at home, hence my return here.

nomorepanic
30-01-19, 23:56
sent you a PM about previous login

venusbluejeans
31-01-19, 00:02
Hiya emmjay and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fishman65
31-01-19, 19:25
Hi emmjay, I'm sorry you are having a relapse in your anxiety. I would say 'welcome back' but using this wonderful site can facilitate conflicting emotions. I do hope you can find some help here despite that, take good care.

Mindsight
31-01-19, 20:29
Put the shoe on the other foot if anxiety will let you for five mins what if you where normal thinking rashnally and youre partner was having these bouts would you know how to deal with the situation and what to say have you spokrn truthfully as to what you feel and how you get to the point where you are ? A problem shared is a problem halfed

emmjay
10-02-19, 10:34
Mindsight - yes, I have tried several times and got nowhere, but thank you for the advice
Fishman65 - am gutted that I am back here, needing support from complete strangers.
No insult intended but I just wish I had the support from people around me.

Tyke
11-02-19, 00:12
Hi Emmjay
Sometimes those around us are sadly not able to understand us at all. You just end up having to make the best of what else is available. I've often been in this situation as have many others on here. There's no shame, sometimes that's just the way it is. It would be nice to think our partners would understand us a full 100% of the time, but this is rare. Most people I know get support and understanding from a variety of sources at various times in their lives. Whatever gets you through it at the end of the day, that's what's important.

Tyke :)

fishman65
11-02-19, 15:49
I can only echo the sentiment here. Though my wife has some experience too and my sister at least tries to understand. My brother though just looks at me with a blank expression. From the very few conversations we've had (about two in over 33 years), I get the impression he thinks it's something I've brought on myself, like some kind of character weakness.