PDA

View Full Version : Need another after 3 years after polyps removed

Wilburis
31-01-19, 23:46
Hi

I had a colonoscopy and they found 3 polyps. They were removed and sent off and came back benign.

I have to have another in 3 years time.

That 3 years is up in April. Im terrified.

What would the chances be of having more polyps grow in those 3 years?

xx

nomorepanic
31-01-19, 23:53
I have colonoscopies every 2 years.

They remove some polyps each time and they have never been anything of concern.

Why do you have the colonoscopy?

Why are you terrified?

Wilburis
01-02-19, 00:11
Hi

Sorry to confuse - my next one is in April.

Im terrified as my cousin has bowel c**** and Im just expecting them to find it in April.

Im scared of the unknown.

xx

WiseMonkey
01-02-19, 01:14
Hi

Sorry to confuse - my next one is in April.

Im terrified as my cousin has bowel c**** and Im just expecting them to find it in April.

Im scared of the unknown.

xx

No, BC is slow growing so most unlikely any polyps found would have turned cancerous. Any polyps found would either be benign like the ones you had removed or pre-cancerous. It's good you're having a colonoscopy every 3 years :)

Wilburis
01-02-19, 12:24
Hi

Thank you.

xx

I originally had one after having loose bowels for a few months.

I had the calprotectin test which was normal but I was so worried, especially after my cousin being ill at the age of 53 that I had a private colonoscopy.

I have been diagnosed now with IBS.

xx

nomorepanic
01-02-19, 13:40
No need to worry really then. A cousin is not really a close relative so you don't need to make that link with it being cancer with you.

You will do more harm worrying about it to be honest. I have Crohn's and IBS and my consultant said the worst thing for me is stress and worry so I have to keep that to a minimum so you can't worry about it for the next 3 months.

Wilburis
01-02-19, 14:01
Thank you Nicola.

I do tend to always think the worse, although on the other hand, I am so pleased I had the colonoscopy and they removed the polyps as they may have turned bad in years to come.

Blessing in disguise xx