PDA

View Full Version : Pimple or mole? Does melanoma show up as 3 red dots?

foop
01-02-19, 01:43
So I've got these couple of... well I don't know that's the issue here. I included a picture. I have a few different moles and they are not all the same color. Most are dark brown. Here we have what I thought was a pimple but has a little center that's darker, not white like all my other pimples. It is also raised, much like a pimple. I don't think it's itchy. But it looks sort of chapped around the edges or something. I do have many pimples on my back but this is just freaking me out. Is it common for melanoma moles to be surrounded by similar moles?

I understand that the risk is very low but two people I know just died from cancer last year and I'm not feeling so hot. I already went to two clinics and they barely looked at my moles. They didn't even look at my back. They treated me like a hypochondriac the first time I decided I wanted a skin checkup.

Why do doctors always say you should get yourself checked only to call you a sensitive little hypochondriac when you decide you actually want to be healthy? Srry, but should I try another clinic? How do I get them to refer me to a dermatologist? I wish I could just pay a thousand dollars to get my whole skin checked out but where I live they need to refer you for some ungodly reason.

Thank you so much in advance, I apologize for the multiple questions contained in such a small space but I've looked through probably every single mole and pimple post here, mainly I just want to know if it is a good or bad sign that there are two smaller red nodules around the one in question. I also found a skin tag today which was weird bcause it was in an obvious spot... can skin tags just "appear"?

bin tenn
01-02-19, 03:36
Could be a number of things including skin irritation (mild allergic reaction, for example), routine skin bumps, inflamed hair follicles, among many other (harmless) things, IMO. I get bumps like this from time to time. Sometimes they itch, and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they are a bit sore to touch, sometimes not.

foop
01-02-19, 04:57
Hey Bin, thanks, I appreciate the reassurance. That was really quick. I assume you took a look at the picture?

It's hard to see perfectly, I doubt it's an allergic reaction, but it could be a follicle. I've gotten ingrown hairs before for certain, of course they don't all look the same and the one I got hurt but this one doesn't. Thanks again, I'd love to hear a second opinion if anyone else wants to chime in.

Also, the main thing to note is that the center of it is brown. Not white, like typical pimples or ingrown hairs, but brown. And around the whole thing is a slight white kind of scabby texture. Just on the big one. I wish I could just go to a dermatologist, I love Canadian healthcare but some aspects are just so nonsensical.

WiseMonkey
01-02-19, 05:42
Hey Bin, thanks, I appreciate the reassurance. That was really quick. I assume you took a look at the picture?

It's hard to see perfectly, I doubt it's an allergic reaction, but it could be a follicle. I've gotten ingrown hairs before for certain, of course they don't all look the same and the one I got hurt but this one doesn't. Thanks again, I'd love to hear a second opinion if anyone else wants to chime in.

Also, the main thing to note is that the center of it is brown. Not white, like typical pimples or ingrown hairs, but brown. And around the whole thing is a slight white kind of scabby texture. Just on the big one. I wish I could just go to a dermatologist, I love Canadian healthcare but some aspects are just so nonsensical.

Just wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks. They look like bites or spots to me but could be a benign nevi which are freckles or moles that change due to sun exposure. I had one similar cut out of my shoulder 10+ years ago and it was a benign nevi, my brother's had them too. We live in New Zealand where there is high UV sunlight.

foop
02-02-19, 00:23
Thanks! I'll see if it changes over the next couple of weeks. Will probably go to a clinic tomorrow and if I do I will absolutely update what they say. They will probably say "its nothing". But likely and hopefully it is, only sometimes I wish the doctor had as much anxiety as I do.

bin tenn
02-02-19, 03:21

Yes, I looked at the picture. It looks exactly like the bumps I get occasionally, including the brown in the center. ;)

foop
03-02-19, 21:54
Thank you, that is so very reassuring :)

I have one more worry, the right side of my neck right where the jugular vein is closest to the collarbone is kind of "hard" compared to the left side... on the left side, I think I feel the same type of structure there, but it's closer to my adam's apple albeit the same height. When I feel the right side, it almost feels like there's something moving under there, probably the jugular vein or even a lymph node... Well, I'm wondering, when you press your neck there do you feel that too?

Fishmanpa
03-02-19, 21:58

I have one more worry......

Do you not see the pattern here? :lac:

Positive thoughts

Mindsight
03-02-19, 22:05
I have these all over me at prescent and am itchy to go with it unsure and doctors are unsure so will follow this thread how ever i get the odd one show up around my dody that is like a white head put if picked wheeps pus good luck

bin tenn
04-02-19, 03:33

I have one more worry, the right side of my neck right where the jugular vein is closest to the collarbone is kind of "hard" compared to the left side... on the left side, I think I feel the same type of structure there, but it's closer to my adam's apple albeit the same height. When I feel the right side, it almost feels like there's something moving under there, probably the jugular vein or even a lymph node... Well, I'm wondering, when you press your neck there do you feel that too?

Don't know. What I do know is that the body is full of seemingly strange and "abnormal" structures that are actually very much normal. The body, especially all these organs and other structures under the skin, is not symmetrical. No worries.