PDA

View Full Version : Totally convinced I have bowel cancer

Mrschurchill
14-01-19, 19:52
A quick overview....

Started 20mg Fluoxetine on November 20th, so far so good with no real issues.

December 10th I had week long course of antibiotics for a horrible sinus infection. All good on that front to!

December 22nd. Had 4 beers in the afternoon (first drink in months) and had gotten a Dominos on the way home for dinner. Had 2 slices as just wasn’t that hungry, my 6 year old ate more than I did, and later that evening I had VERY loose dhiarreah and vomited. Felt better straight after so thought it was probably something I ate earlier.

December 25th (Christmas! :weep:) I had another very loose BM - literally like running a tap! So I spent most of Xmas day in best feeling horrid. No vomitting but very loud stomach noises!

Started to feel normal again after that... normalish BM’s but not particularly hungry.

January 9th out the blue the very watery BM again followed a couple of hours later by a very normal one.

Since then I have had a constant feeling of unfinished business despite going... sometimes when I am going there is just wind and nothing else moving. My stomach is making the craziest of sounds and I just want to get back to normal toilet routine!

I’m so worried about going anywhere in case I have to rush to the toilet. I’ve even bought VIPoo for work haha seriously though. Should I be worried? I’ve had ‘episodes’ before but never need to see a doctor. I am not in any pain at all and no blood or weight loss.

Just suuuuuper annoying.

Thanks for listening to my rambling :yahoo:

Mrschurchill
26-01-19, 08:04
Aaaaand after two normal weeks I M back again and it’s kept me on and off the toilet for the last 4 hours.... does this sound like IBS?

Midnight-mouse
26-01-19, 15:19
It sounds a lot like my experience with it that’s for sure. Is there correlation to things you are eating each time? Even if you can eat them other times, for me it’s hit or miss what sets me off but I’m far more likely to have a bad times if I’m already stressed or if I’m tired. Or frankly the wind blows a particular direction! IBS can seem to have a mind all of its own.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dynamito
26-01-19, 20:35
Hi, I don't know how much this may help, but look into buying foods for gut health. Foods such as kimchi, sauerkraut, Greek yoghurt and Kombucha drink. I am not saying it's a guarantee to help, but worth a try. Improving my gut health is something I'm seriously looking into.

Mrschurchill
26-01-19, 22:51
I have thought about buying some probiotics to see if it would help. Not do any harm would it?

Mrschurchill
31-01-19, 14:13
Spoke to a doctor on babylon today who recommends seing my GP so I've to make an appointment tomorrow. Seriously so scared right now. Been doing so well HA wise and this passed 5 weeks have thrown it all in the air

Mrschurchill
01-02-19, 09:44
Can’t believe I’m back in such a dark place. I’ve definitely not missed it!

So yeah the BC thoughts are consuming me at the minute. Have a doctors appt at 3pm today so it’ll either be a fob off or they will want to send me for tests, genuinely can’t decide which is worse :weep:

MrLurcher
01-02-19, 10:39
Join the club! You're not alone, I've been obsessing with my bowels and BC for weeks now, along with other serious bowel diseases. I was sent for blood tests around a month ago (I sort of asked for it), but the reassurance was only short term. Been back and forth to see them and they say there's nothing bad going on, and it's my IBS flaring up because I'm contantly stressed and anxious. They've asked me to do more bloods and a stool sample this time to try and put my mind at ease once more. However I'm not sure even more ok results will put my mind at rest, and I'll end up wanting more and more tests. Hope you get some reassurance today.

Elen
01-02-19, 11:23
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Mrschurchill
01-02-19, 12:08
Join the club! You're not alone, I've been obsessing with my bowels and BC for weeks now, along with other serious bowel diseases. I was sent for blood tests around a month ago (I sort of asked for it), but the reassurance was only short term. Been back and forth to see them and they say there's nothing bad going on, and it's my IBS flaring up because I'm contantly stressed and anxious. They've asked me to do more bloods and a stool sample this time to try and put my mind at ease once more. However I'm not sure even more ok results will put my mind at rest, and I'll end up wanting more and more tests. Hope you get some reassurance today.

I had a BUPA health check done back in September and everything was normal. I had a sigmoidoscopy 4.5 years ago and that was clear also. Bowel habits changing is the huge concern for me. Thank you I will hopefully not be fobbed off today!

WhereIsMyMind
01-02-19, 13:02
Hopefully someone who knows more about antibiotics and gut health will see this thread and advise - but from what I've read, it seems like antibiotics can destroy gut bacteria which could then cause those symptoms. I think it's do do with antibiotics killing all the bacteria, both good and bad.

You could definitely try probiotics and other things to help with gut health like Dynamito said, I don't think any harm would be done by trying that. When I've had dodgy bowels before I've used probiotics and it's taken about 7-10 days to notice a difference. It might not be hugely helpful depending on the issue, but it shouldn't really make it worse.

Good luck with the appt! Try and take what they say as either reassurance, or if they want to do tests, that they're just covering all possibilities no matter how unlikely they are. It doesn't mean they think you are seriously ill.

Mrschurchill
01-02-19, 13:29
I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection the week before I first got the symptoms! :scared15:

nomorepanic
01-02-19, 13:37
antibiotics give me really bad diarrhea every time I take them.

MrLurcher
01-02-19, 13:53
Just to chuck this in as well, my mother in law was on antibiotics for something last year, and she suffered with bowel problems afterwards. Since then she's been taking goats milk kefir which helped a lot. Something I've started to take as well.

Mrschurchill
01-02-19, 15:58
Doctor wasn’t too concerned. Said I was to go back in a couple of weeks to see if it’s still there and if it is they will check for coeliac etc. Be totally gutted if it was lol can’t stand gluten free pizza! Haha

Mrschurchill
11-06-19, 11:56
How come whenever I have a case of D I resemble a melee child who is terrified of the world! :scared15: nearly 5 months of nothing - last night BOOM it happened out the blue and I'm a mess!

jalapeno1234
11-06-19, 23:14
How come whenever I have a case of D I resemble a melee child who is terrified of the world! :scared15: nearly 5 months of nothing - last night BOOM it happened out the blue and I'm a mess!

IM WITH YOU. With the gluten free pizza fear, the interchangeable bms...eeeeverything!!!! I too suffered like straight after my antibiotics but only took three small doses of the liquidized Flucloaxillin - Im still paying for it...Ive gone from constipated to angry bms...just dont know whats gonna happen day by day. Only joy is sleeping at night ha but slowly and surely im accepting some foods are a real NO. I reckon they seriously mess us up those medications - i know i should feel blessed to have had free meds on the nhs but im angry at the doctor who didnt even ask if I had tummy issues, I KNEW that taking it would cause me issues. Ah well. Mine was for a fingernail infection caused by biring nails anxiety over feeling sick haha the irony..it seems my every being is consumed by my digestive system. did you get any answers?

Mrschurchill
12-06-19, 17:15
I didn't ever go back to the doctor as from February to June 9th I was back to normal!!

Mrschurchill
30-07-19, 10:34
I am so sick of getting horrible D - totally normal for 7 weeks and then it happens again.

I also keep getting heartburn and indigestion and completely convinced it's BC - I remember watching something on TV and indigestion was a big red flag for BC.

I've had no weight loss or blood etc. I don't really have pain either, just horrendous gurgling but only at the top of my stomach which is weird. No cramps or anything either.

I'm too scared to see the doctor. This has been playing on my mind since December! Why does it have to always come back :(