PDA

View Full Version : This is how bad your anxiety can possibly get.

Thelegend27
01-02-19, 20:59
Everyone is different, so what I explain here may not ever apply to you, this is my personal experience, this weighed on my mind a lot today so I felt like airing it out.

My anxiety mostly revolved around my health, not dying, but the fear of being diagnosed with some disease.

I literally drove myself crazy for more than 8 years, it got so bad that the thought of being dead was actually a pleasant thought to me, comforting in some ways.

I never considered harming myself, but I did imagine it fairly often, and fantasizing about it let me know I was digging my own grave, because how long would it be before I stopped imagining it and started planning to actually do it.

My issues go a little deeper than anxiety itself, 5 years ago my mom was diagnosed with a disease that would ultimately be the death of her, being by her side for 4 years every night watching her health deteriorate was beyond stressful.

Then my brother was diagnosed with CHF several months ago and that too has had a big impact on me.

I'm not running a sob story on you, I'm just expressing my issue's, I want to get it across to you just how bad things can get.

At 27 years old I have experienced more stress and anxiety than I could have ever imagined, it affects me to this day, if I hold my hand out you can see it tremble, my nerves are so shot, it's the long term affects of leading such a stressful life.

Stress and anxiety can and will affect you in the long run, the way you think, your moods, your social life, your decisions, it literally affects every aspect of your life.

I don't want to rant for too long, I just want you to take a step back and ask yourself is it worth it.

You can get better, you can pave a better future for yourself, just accept reality and live for today, tomorrow will come, tomorrow will bring it's own set of problems, but just wait until those problems arise before trying to solve them, you may die at 95 years old and had a lifetime of good health, but you can't waste those years on what could be, enjoy yourself while you can.

Every older person will say that time flies by, and I truly believe it does, life is short so try not to waste it on Google symptoms and diseases that may not ever come to be.

Good luck and please take a break from your worries, enjoy your family, health, and time here on earth.

purplepie
01-02-19, 22:01
completely understand what you are saying about enjoying what you have and trying not to worry about the future. However if anxiety and depression is within you and not from an external force, it is hard to live for today when today is so frightening.

When I feel ok, then life can have its joys and I am grateful for all the happy times. Stressful events are going to happen and maybe its the way we look at it and whether or not we process it or lock it away for it to come up on you as nerves, anxiety, depression, ocd, health anxiety etc.

I do empathise with our story though as it can be hell trying to get through a day of high stress and thinking if I don't wake up tomorrow, it wouldn't be the worst thing.

Midnight-mouse
01-02-19, 22:13
However if anxiety and depression is within you and not from an external force, it is hard to live for today when today is so frightening.

Respectfully, it’s exactly the same. We can choose to fight it, to put in place healthier thought patterns. Seek meditation, therapy, break the cycle. Just because our issues comes from within does not mean we have to resign ourselves to a life ruled by the conditions we have. I know I certainly won’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk