PDA

View Full Version : Faster heart rate

Sampowell542
02-02-19, 09:34
Was lying on the couch the other day and felt that my heart was going quicker than usual. Which I then started panicking. Checked my pulse and it was 96. I then had a full blown panic attack, finally settled down and went to sleep. But now I just feel my heart isn't beating properly, feels quicker than usual. But I check my pulse and it's around 75-82 everytime. I've had a cold for the last week and one of my ears are blocked. I feel kind of breatheless at times. Like I need to take a deep breathe. Surely if my pulse is between that range I shouldnt worry, and it's just my anxiety. Maybe I'm just so hyper aware of my heart now that I think its beating faster. When in fact it's not.

ankietyjoe
02-02-19, 09:51
Mine is always much faster when I have a cold/infection, and if you're aware and checking your heart rate it will also be faster ALL the time. A one off reading of 96 is pretty meaningless, and 75-82 is about spot on for a daytime heart rate. Your only true resting heart rate is just after you wake up, but before you start moving about. Even then, if you're anxious it'll be higher than 'normal'.

Just stop checking. There's nothing wrong here.

blox123
07-02-19, 18:48
I don’t know how accurate fit bits are but sometimes if I’m walking very fast my heart rate goes up to 130!! When I’m panicky it can go up to 106

Liddy1993
07-02-19, 19:14
I get palpitations when I get really anxsty. If you’re any bit worried your heart rate will go up and panic attacks cause this also.