PDA

View Full Version : depersonalization why

miss motown
03-09-07, 20:45
ive suffered with anxiety for so long and i went thru a bad time with wot i no now is depersonalization that was around 9 years ago,anyway lately ive been havin a few bad panic attacks but today out of the blue the feelin of dread the churning stomach and the feeling of unreality i just feel im about to loose control and loose the plot i feel as thou im not breathing and i dont seem to be functioning properly its so frightening its so hard to explaine i have no appetite as food is so far from my mind as anyone else experianced this horrid symptom and if so do you have any advice on how to get thru it ive tried keeping myself occupied by cleaning everythink in sight but this feelin will not leave me alone i seem to be rushing to the loo as its the frightening feeling that sends my stomach in knots im sorry to go on :lac:

MarcusD
05-09-07, 02:38
Sorry to hear how things are going for you, its very normal to feel the way you do. When were anxious we analyse every single thing that happens to us, sometimes even creating things that arnt there, when i first had anxiety i sufferd the same thing. Everytime i would go to sleep i would hear my heartbeat and think it was beating to fast which brings on panic. After awhile you change into a negative attitude and always expect the worst, the problem is your brain and body is exhausted from all the thinking its been doing that it gives you slugish symptoms which mixed with fear/anxiety isnt too good. Firstly you need to understand you wont lose control nor will you go crazy, someone who goes crazy dosent know they are. You just need relaxation and a break in the mental patterns that over analyse everything. Best way i find to do this is to either go for a walk, talk to someone about any random subject, read internet or a book, watch a film or play a game.

Just gotta hang in there and remember it wont last forever, oneday itl be gone!

miss motown
05-09-07, 21:04
thanks marcus for your reply i dont feel to bad today im back at work and when the horrid unreality thoughts and panic creap in i just welcome it and it seems to pass i keep saying i wont let it beat me i think im just kidding myself and bein brave lol thanx againe hun

kilvosa
05-09-07, 21:36
Hi Miss motown
I too get these weird feelings drives me mad sometimes been having them again this week and as i speak to you now, dont know if its because im back to work and the boss can be a right bully and just had six weeks hols. Son started senior school yesterday and also hubby works away so maybe thats why im feeling like i do. I find taking your mind off things help a nice hot bath helps to relax me. It does go though but not nice at the time and ive been brilliant all through school hols too.
Take care
Annexx

ana
07-09-07, 18:19
Hello Motown!

I started having panic attacks when I was 13 and my most common symptom was depersonalization. When I used to read about panic attacks trying to figure out what was wrong with me, I came across the syptoms I rarely had: heart racing, dizziness, dry mouth, pain in the chest, etc...but not a word about depersonalization!

Depersonalization is my panic... I sometimes look at myself and feel like those body parts don't belong to me, or for a split second, I don't even know who I am :madness:

It gets horrible during the night as well... Depersonalization at its best...Scary

My point is, don't worry, you are not alone! :emot-bounce:

Hugs

Ana

Chelle25676
11-09-07, 16:20
i'm 15 years old an I suffer from anxiety really bad,an everyday I feel unreal,an this is the scariest thing I have been through in my life.Does it get better,will I ever feel normal again.
It's really getting to me an making really depressed I just need to know if I will feel real again,I look in the mirror sometimes an it's like i'm not looking at myself an that my body parts aren't mine.
Why do I feel this way,is there any way I can get better faster,I can't handle it much longer.
I just need answers to this,i'm afraid,i'm young an can't live a life I should be,it's to hard.So someone please help me!

Tom_M
11-09-07, 16:56
Yes, you will get better Chell25676. Teenage years are the worst for suffering these types of emotional problems. You see, when something frightens us, we then focus on that emotion until we resolve it in some way. A lot of emotional problems stem from our a loss of 'our feeling of well-being' - when everything is going ok for us. If something upsets that feeling of well-being, it makes us depressed and reduces furthers our feeling of well-being - it's a vicious cycle. The best way to overcome this situation is to find something that will take your mind off all those negative thoughts. Something new and exciting that will change your life.

Tom

angiebaby
11-09-07, 19:33
I too have been suffering with this dreaded thing for about two years now. At first i had it all day and every day, no rest at all. But now they come in waves but they are instant and very intense. Not nice, really scary. They still frighten me although i do my best to just float through them and carry on, even though i don't feel like i'm on this planet anyway.xx

braveuk
11-09-07, 20:14
Hi all,

Just thought that I would say thanks. I have the exact same feelings. They are really demoralising and scary. You just cant sit still, but if I dont sit still my heart races further. I can start to feel better for a few mins, and then WHAM - back again, with the churning stomach, dashing to the bathroom, complete loss of appitite, Its hard. But you are not alone and it will pass. You will get passed this and so will I!

ladygrom
12-09-07, 00:38
Hi All I Also Get Depersonalization I Ts A Awful Thing You Feel Detached From Yourself And Everything Seems Unreal I Also Have A Floaty Feeling And Feel Spaced Out .and Wen I Walk Its As Tho The Floors Moving Its Very Scary It Stopped Me From Going Out Tc Elaine Xx

Tom_M
12-09-07, 00:45
What is the most frightening thing about how you feel right now is that you think you will never ever get better again, and the thought of living your life the way you feel right now just makes you feel very desperate. When I was 19 I had a bit of a breakdown. One minute I was ok, and the next I just fell into a feeling of complete dread and panic (I wont go into the details of what triggered it, but it was about having negative thoughts). I went to see my doctor and told him how I was feeling and said I don't want to live anymore the way I feel right now, will I get better? The doctor said to me that I would get better. It was just a matter of the depression running it's course and fading away. Well He didn't give me any antidepressants or any kind of medication, just words of hope, I guess. It did completely go away. It took two years, but it just disappeared. I'm not sure what it was that got me over it but eventually you stop thinking about it so much and it gradually fades away. But honestly, it does go away eventually.

Tom

jenii
12-09-07, 00:50
this has been a real help. i am feeling awful and just like you have described. i hadnt heard this term before. is nice ti know i am not alone. I am just becoming a hypocondriact though, every twinge, yawn, ache or sneeze i worry something is seriously wrong. anyone else?

Dreamer029
14-09-07, 04:07
i am so sorry to hear that :-( i too experienced this symptom for about two months straight. it is really scary but it will pass you just have to stay grounded and patient and you will get through! try thinking of some of your favorite memories and talking with a long time friend or family member about fun things you do or did it will make you feel more like yourself feel free to PM me

feels_like_home
14-09-07, 05:30
I too get this symptom. It is so scarey ever single time I get it, even though I know it will pass. Night time can be the worse for me. I can't sleep as it is, but when I get this feeling it is even harder. Distraction seems to work well for me. I try to do something physical to take me mind off the feeling. Just know you are not alone. Take care.
Michelle