PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my weak legs and having a serious issue. HA rearing it's ugly head?

Mark_P
02-02-19, 20:58
Okay, so for the past 3 days or so I've been experiencing a heavy leg/weak leg feeling along with spasms in the left leg a couple nights. I am now convinced I have an issue with my nervous system.

Before this I have also been experiencing slight numb/weakness behind both arms and the occasional pins & needles in lower legs and feet/legs. I am constantly worried about these issues.

I have been going gym the past month with very little issue. In fact I went to the gym yesterday and everything seemed okay. My strength has probably increased tbh. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I haven't had any issues at the gym, but these symptoms have worried me a little, especially in the legs.

There is a couple explanations for which it could be. It has been really cold and I've been walking around A LOT due to not having a car, so been walking around in the cold maybe has contributed towards this. Also, it could be my anxiety.

Another thing it could be is my medication. I was on 40mg of propranolol before the 31st of last month, but then the doctor prescribed me 20mg extra due to 40mg not helping much, so I am currently on 60mg of propranolol. Do you think this could be the cause?

When I hear people with HA talk about nervous system issues it concerns me. :shrug::shrug:

Midnight-mouse
02-02-19, 21:23
Have you been doing more focusing on your legs at the gym? I definitely agree with the cold and walking casing all sorts of fun sensations. I’ve been feeling the same way as I’m in the same position also not having a car. I find a thermal layer under my normal clothes very beneficial.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_P
02-02-19, 21:47
Have you been doing more focusing on your legs at the gym? I definitely agree with the cold and walking casing all sorts of fun sensations. I’ve been feeling the same way as I’m in the same position also not having a car. I find a thermal layer under my normal clothes very beneficial.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Been wearing thermal pants, but wondering whether the cold has gotten to me more. I am wondering whether it's the increase in medication dosage too. I haven't been doing any leg training whatsoever, but like I say, I do a lot of walking. I mean sometimes 5+ miles a day. I do boxing so move around a lot during that, also, I suppose deadlifts etc could be making my legs feel weaker. Not sure. It's not like I feel like I'm gonna fall over, I am still able to walk for days haha. It's just something I've noticed the last couple days. Maybe I need a new pair of thermal pants, they are old. Maybe not having much affect.

Midnight-mouse
02-02-19, 22:42
I actually had to get new ones myself this year so it’s definitely worth a thought! Make sure you are drinking enough too!

This time of the year makes many people just feel a little more tired/worn out so that could be having an impact also.

If your concerned about the increase in your meds causing it I would suggest giving it a little while longer to see how things go, especially as you say you’re still able to walk for days. If it doesn’t subside have a chat with your dr but it doesn’t sound like anything I would worry too much about as it’s not interfering with your life.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

fruity
03-02-19, 11:46
please read my posts