PDA

View Full Version : Contamination OCD/HA: two meningitis cases on my college campus and freaking out.

scaredpt
02-02-19, 22:26
Got word that there were two cases on my college campus of bacterial meningitis. I have not had the vaccination for this strand, i was out of college when it came out ( in post graduate now). I am FREAKING OUT. Any advice or words of wisdom for dealing with situations like this?

Mindsight
02-02-19, 22:37
2 cases out of how many people do the maths and you are not odds on to be next unless you where with them ppl any time in the past 48hrs ?

AMomentofClarity
02-02-19, 22:41
In the last year, you’ve opened the below threads. While it’s OBVIOUS that the reassurance you seek is providing no benefit, I’m sure you’ll survive....yet again...

Romaine lettuce/ecoli
Stroke
Airplane
Flu
HSV Meningitis
Myocarditis
Chest pain x 2
Breast cancer
Flu (Again )
Flu (third time)
Romaine lettuce (again)
Staph infection
Breast cancer (again)
Lice
STDs
HIV from sneeze (eyeroll)
Tetanus
ALS/MS
Moldy bread
Lice (again)
Subdural hematoma
Bug parasite
Flu (fourth time)
Brain tumor/MS
Flu (fifth time)
Lymph nodes x 2
Breast cancer (third time)
Bed Bugs
HIV (again)

Why not try practicing some CBT techniques to help along the way? You might notice a reduction in your thread #s as well :)

scaredpt
03-02-19, 14:14
Yes but this time I have an email telling everyone to be careful

Mindsight
03-02-19, 14:22
Some of my things are on the list so given the place im posting i think ill hqve a quiet word with my self also :)

AMomentofClarity
03-02-19, 17:51
Yes but this time I have an email telling everyone to be careful

“But this time....” That’s the official slogan of hypochondriacs everywhere.

You’ve been provided with hundreds of reassuring replies. Every time you’re back soon continuing your existing fear or with something new (see the list above). One more reply here won’t change anything. You have to work on your anxiety.