PDA

View Full Version : anxiety back re new job

JulieJay92
03-02-19, 13:34
i start my new job wednesday after being off ill on drs advice since august. The last 2 days i have had an ache/stabbing discomfort in my upper left side of back and a horrible taste in mouth and a sorish left cheek and feel like im having difficulty breathing plus the usual panic attack symptoms

Getting worried now - could this all be because of starting a new job

TIA

Midnight-mouse
03-02-19, 14:22
I would go as far as to say it’s extremely likely it’s all because of the new job. Best of luck with it! I hope you enjoy :)

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JulieJay92
03-02-19, 19:06
thanks mouse

also for last few days been having pain in a couple of fingers also but then again ive been doing things on pc all week . woke me up on wednesday fingers were so sore and in morning swollen and was advised to take ibroprofen

but hope you are right x:hugs:

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

finger pain now gone and i found deep heat and put on shoulder and it worked wonders so im assuming my muscles were tight

Midnight-mouse
03-02-19, 20:11
thanks mouse

also for last few days been having pain in a couple of fingers also but then again ive been doing things on pc all week . woke me up on wednesday fingers were so sore and in morning swollen and was advised to take ibroprofen

but hope you are right x:hugs:

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

finger pain now gone and i found deep heat and put on shoulder and it worked wonders so im assuming my muscles were tight

We carry an awful lot of tension when we are anxious so that definitely doesn’t surprise me! I’m glad you’re feeling better though!

Mouse

JulieJay92
04-02-19, 09:46
update - was fine all night asleep but 1hour after getting up this morning it all came flooding back so some pain killers, deep heat and some anxiety meds

JulieJay92
04-02-19, 21:16
well hopefully a positive update - was out visiting friends all day and no symptoms, yet when i got home after dinner straight on pc and boom they all came back so im wondering if it is as simple as poor posture at computer

Midnight-mouse
04-02-19, 21:22
well hopefully a positive update - was out visiting friends all day and no symptoms, yet when i got home after dinner straight on pc and boom they all came back so im wondering if it is as simple as poor posture at computer

It is very possible! That and the fact that as you relax and wind down without as much to focus your mind on you are thinking about things a little more or the anxiety levels are able to rise - this usually happens without me even being aware of it, I always used to say I wasn’t anxious before (insert symptom) started, but looking back I honestly was, it was just so much my normal state of mind that I didn’t even realise!

I’m glad that you had a good time with friends though!

Mouse

JulieJay92
05-02-19, 16:22
thanks for that mouse

Did have to go to pharmacy today as no dr apps for over 2 weeks, or phhone calls. Spoke to pharmasist and said they were sure it was muscle problems as deep heet spray helping and pain not spreading but still feeling very shakey

Midnight-mouse
05-02-19, 19:09
Try and trust in what you know, for what it’s worth I’m of the opinion it’s muscular too. It takes a little while for these things to heal and even more if we keep tense worrying about things!

Positive vibes,

Mouse

JulieJay92
05-02-19, 19:33
just seen message as went into severe anxiety mode

dr on call phoned me and gave me his reassurance too and also said muscular and make an appointment with my own dr for end of month to get it checked out properly

here really can be a great help, we sometimes dont realise it all the time but it genuinely is

JulieJay92
06-02-19, 15:06
sitting in dentists waiting room this morning for 1/2 hour and my mouth went dry and pain has spread to both shoulders and occasional pain in hand, fingers and jaw

cant seem to shift my anxiety mood right now

JulieJay92
12-02-19, 00:04
just to update its gradually easing since i started on friday :)

Midnight-mouse
12-02-19, 09:13
just to update its gradually easing since i started on friday :)

That’s great! I hope you’re enjoying it?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

JulieJay92
15-02-19, 16:31
finally saw dr this am. she she it is more than likely all muscle strain besides the fact it started before i started work its slightly continued with pain moved into back and because heat pack helps it its very unlikely to be anything serious but if its still ongoing in a month to get back in contact with Dr