PDA

View Full Version : I've done something so stupid when I was younger now I'm extremely worried.

Pandarug
03-02-19, 19:11
Having an anxiety attack right now due to my stupidity. Unfortunately it's like a really unique problem.

When I was younger (about like 13) my sister and I used to look at houses for sale. This was for fantasies and stuff, it was really fun. We would do this independently. For some idiotic reason, I took pictures of my house and posted them on the site. I really wasn't thinking and I did it basically because I felt like I was role-playing, you know? It just felt so "complete". Also some of my neighbors had pictures of their houses and that's where I felt the completion (I do have OCD but I have a feeling this isn't really connected). I was really really really really stupid and unthinking, but now I am being destroyed by anxiety because of it. I'm so so nervous about this. I only posted them to one site and it seems they have been contained there. I logged in and tried to delete them, it says their deleted but it doesn't show it. At least I can say I was just a stupid child with the internet at my hands, because that what I was. I have some problem with internet and trusting it waaay to much it seems. I contacted them personally so there's an effort. Please, if anyone knows how to help me in this situation I'd greatly appreciate it.

ankietyjoe
03-02-19, 19:27
I'm not even sure what you're worried about :huh:

Pandarug
03-02-19, 19:29
I'm not even sure what you're worried about :huh:

It’s nerve racking to have that information out there. Also I was yelled at for it when it happened by my dad, and what if someone uses the pictures to break into my house and hurts my family?

Pandarug
04-02-19, 00:10
The anxiety a back and the silence is a little worrying. I’m afraid to check my emails in case I can’t get them off of there aaaa. I just have to wait though good god.

nomorepanic
04-02-19, 00:16
I think you are overthinking this to be honest

Pandarug
04-02-19, 01:37
I think you are overthinking this to be honest

Is everyone just thinking I’m in trouble and they don’t know what to say. Aaaaa!! I really hope I’m overthinking

Fishmanpa
04-02-19, 02:07
Is everyone just thinking I’m in trouble and they don’t know what to say. Aaaaa!! I really hope I’m overthinking

This was years ago. If you can't see the irrationality of this, I don't know what can be said :shrug:

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
04-02-19, 02:57
This is obviously a paranoia one. And anxiety can easily come with that and vice versa.

What might help us to understand would be if you explained what the fear focusses on in terms of perceived outcome? What is the worst that could happen.

Is it that you let your family down? Is it some intrusive thoughts about being a victim of a criminal act?

Has this come about now and you've gone all those years without thinking about it? If so, your subconscious is obviously trying to create a fear to have something to be scared about and there has been an environment for panic (maybe a lot of stress?) or there has been some related trigger e.g. reading about a criminal case in the media.

I don't think it's going to be as unique as you think. I suspect this is similar to those who post about doing something they regret as a child that haunts them later in life because they are now anxious. Getting perhaps into something like False Memory OCD.

I could understand this as I've had some of that myself. Examples we have had on here about often about sexual contact with a sibling (normal sexual development stuff) or doing something sexual with an implement others would use afterwards.

Pandarug
06-02-19, 00:02
So an update: I got the pictures taken down. I’m still worried it went to a different site that takes data from the site I did it on, because it’s a very popular one. When I looked up my address only like 20 results showed up, I checked all of them and most of them were about houses that were being sold on my street. I guess I’m just mortified. It was so so stupid and I’m so embaresssd and ashamed, why would I ever think that was a good idea? I hate how uniquely stupid it was too.

Also I have been under so much stress. I panic about one particular thing for like 5 days then I quickly switch to a new obsession. This is how it’s been since the year started. I honestly blame it on my lack of friends, the stress of my highschool life ending and me having no friends is depressing me. Not so much right now but I feel like that’s the under lying problem.

ankietyjoe
06-02-19, 09:16
Get out and see the world a bit if school has ended. Right now you seem to be focusing on trivial nonsense and elevating the importance of minor life decisions.

welsh girl
07-02-19, 08:56
What about Estate Agents full house details, should a lot of people have sleepless nights?

I think you are being irrational, forget it,