PDA

View Full Version : Reflux

bearcrazy
03-09-07, 21:45
:weep:

I have been tapering from diazepam for the last few months with the guidance of my GP but have found that I am getting Reflux and heartburn more and more. I already take Losec (omneprazole) but am having to take Gaviscon more and more. The acid really burns and I am getting a bit scared by it. Does anyone else suffer from this? Does anyone have any ideas?

:blush:

Dying_Swan
04-09-07, 19:12
Hey Bear.

I am sorry to hear you're suffering with the ole' acid thing.

I don't know loads about it but I do know that some Doctor's don't recommend Gaviscon. A GP told me she didn't like it because it neutralizes the acid, which confuses the stomach into producing more. It was something like that anyway. I think Gaviscon is good for helping with reflux though, perhaps just not acid. I would check with your GP to see what he/she says though as I am no expert.

I know that Domperidone and Ranitidine are often used for Acid Reflux. These are sold OTC as Motilium and Zantac respectively, and can be used with Omeprazole if needed. I wouldn't like to recommend anything because I know you are on other meds, but perhaps you could mention them to your GP too and see what they say?

Hope you feel better soon

xxx