PDA

View Full Version : Delayed allergic reaction to ant sting?

tan235
03-02-19, 21:23
So I got stung or bitten by an ant, I'm not 100% sure. But 4 days after I am now getting stomach cramps - could this be from the ant bite? Sounds a little bit crazy. I obviously was stressed out about being bitten in the first place as I'm in NZ and i've never heard of anyone being bitten by an ant and now 4 days later I have stomach cramping and pain. Has anyone been bitten by an ant before or stung?
I'm left with a very itchy red welt. :(

AMomentofClarity
03-02-19, 21:25
So I got stung or bitten by an ant, I'm not 100% sure. But 4 days after I am now getting stomach cramps - could this be from the ant bite? Sounds a little bit crazy. I obviously was stressed out about being bitten in the first place as I'm in NZ and i've never heard of anyone being bitten by an ant and now 4 days later I have stomach cramping and pain. Has anyone been bitten by an ant before or stung?

That seems EXTREMELY far fetched.....like 2+2=13.....

tan235
03-02-19, 21:44
haha oh thank you - I was thinking maybe the ant had parasite and when it stung me the parasites entered into my blood stream, or I am having a delayed reaction in my gut only .... or maybe it's from all the god damn worrying...

RadioGaGa
03-02-19, 21:45
tan235

I am extremely doubtful these two events are related at all. Probably something you've eaten or your anxiety which is the cause.

Avoid coffee/alcohol/smoking etc until your stomach settles

good luck

Clydesdale Epona
03-02-19, 22:35
Oh trust me black lil regular ants have bit me sometimes and it hurts.

but defo sounds like regular stomach cramps and nothing more, could be IBS or a cold going around :)

venusbluejeans
03-02-19, 23:45
Oh trust me black lil regular ants have bit me sometimes and it hurts.

but defo sounds like regular stomach cramps and nothing more, could be IBS or a cold going around :)

Isn't it amazing how HA will let you use logic for other people but not for yourself Clydesdale.... maybe next time you are worried about something in your own life imagine that you are giving advice to someone else rather than yourself..... no idea if this will work but worth a try

utrocket09
04-02-19, 00:58

As someone whom is allergic to insect stings to the point of anaphalaxis...I can tell you would have reacted within minutes not days

tan235
04-02-19, 06:57
Thanks guys x