PDA

View Full Version : Noisy “neighbours”

Prototype
04-02-19, 13:30
I’ve lived on my own at this property for five years. I have always suffered with agoraphobia, panic attacks, general anxiety and until recently had a very bad drink problem. In the middle of last year I had paramedics at my door and doctors assesjng me mostly threateningly with the idea of taking me against my will because I was so anxious so drunk and so skinny pale unwell. I’ve just got myself into a really bad place mentally . I decided the best thing to do would be to go to my moms for a few months whilst I was there a social worker with the allocated to me and also mental health workers these people were charity funded to clean my flat because it had become such a state . During this process my landlord or the people who I contact when there’s a problem or who contact me were made aware of my condition I’m not sure who told them but somebody did along side my neighbours but that’s another story. There had never been anything behind me in my property I had never heard a noise in five years whilst I was away it seems somebody moved in to somewhere I didn’t even know existed . I came back around November and it started little by little but has now become massive amounts of noise from behind. The thing is it’s more targeted harassment than noisy neighbours because they do it the moment they hear me move the moment they hear me flush my toilet the moment they hear me run a tap, washing my dishes, making a cup of tea no matter what I do they bang bang bang scream in another language . I’ve investigated who lives there and found it a business a massage place run by Chinese ladies, I told my landlord around two months and she confirmed by ” i’ll have a word with the ladies at the massage place because that’s who is behind you” needless to say it didn’t stop its carried on so I contacted again a month ago to which I received an email saying sorry you’re having to deal with this I will contact them immediately I am about to go on annual leave so will contact you again in a week but there are other people working in this office . The week has passed and the noise got so much worse keeping me awake waking me up, I can’t go around the corner and speak to them so I asked somebody to do it for me they went there nicely and stated please can you stop the person behind you is ill you are harassing them with noise every move they make they make and the people there acted like they didn’t understand a single word of English. I’ve wrote to my landlord in emails which is how we usually how we interact around four times in the last two weeks saying I will go to the police I will write noise complaints to the council I will have them for a harassment and I needed this sorted immediately it’s making me sick all I want is peace. nobody has replied and the noise continues I live alone I’m always alone I can’t go out I’ve told my social worker because I don’t know who else to ask and if they don’t do anything I will have to just sit here and take the noise forever. Sorry this is structured so bad I did it via voice. When they know I hear them banging at me they laugh and scream and shout in Chinese. They are under the same landlord/letting agency as me. What can I do ??

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

I’m having to tiptoe around today because I don’t want the anxiety so I’ve not flushed my toilet when I’ve used it, i’ve stayed in my bedroom rather than used the room they bang behind. I haven’t cooked, just grabbed a sandwich. I refuse to deal with the stres they’ll give me today if I just make a sound.

Prototype
05-02-19, 10:59
Thank you for your response. Honestly now that everybody knows about my mental health I’ve found I get treated very differently. It’s strange that that’s all it took, one day I was taken seriously and the next treated like a child in some respects by neighbours and landlord. I was going to call today, I never do phone calls (even convinced my landlord I don’t have a phone) but although I haven’t heard from my landlord in regards to the email the noise has suddenly stoppedz nothing yesterday and nothing so far today which is super strange... can’t complain! I’ll see how things go.

Prototype
07-02-19, 13:04
Still no response from landlord or anyone within the company, even with phone calls. It’s strange... doesn’t help that my oven has decided to just stop working completely and I can’t contact anybody about it. The noise behind has stopped but there are people now doing work at other places surrounding me, seems everyone has moved outS. What I don’t understand is why in the same “flats” I seem to be the only person with The House Crowd and everyone else is with Spencer Harvey. So I’m the only person who can’t contact anybody