PDA

View Full Version : Frequent urination

whatisthis
04-02-19, 15:23
Hi

I did post about this about 10 months ago and unfortunately I'm still stuck.

A year ago I started with the constant urge to urinate. I'm now at the point where it is somewhat better with a few days but then comes back full on. It's affecting my job and every aspect of my life, I feel so depressed at times. I also have no pain/aches which was a problem back then.

I've had many tests, all negative or no problems:

Urine dip and culture
Bloods
Urodyanamics which ruled out overactive bladder
Cystoscopy
Prostate checked
Full STI/STD check
Brain MRI for something else but that was clear but worth mentioning.

Doctors seem to have no answer right now.

So a normal day I can be okay for a few hours and then it can start a continuous need to urinate. I've tried retraining my bladder for 5 months holding for hours with no luck. Morning seem to be better.

Tried a few medications to relax the bladder and urinary system with no effect.

Sometimes I feel the need to urinate in the end of my penis (Sorry) and not my bladder which doesn't seem right. I can find this the most distressing at times. Overall my whole urinary system feels nervous constantly.

My question is could this be anxiety even though I'm not experiencing levels of anxiety I've had in the past (very extreme) I've had no problems with having bad anxiety and needing to urinate lots as I know what that is like. This just seems separate and constant regardless of how I have felt.

I had a horrendous time finally coming off Seroxat and after the withdrawal seemed to have passed this started a few weeks later. I've also started coming off Pregablin as it doesn't do much anymore. I'm not super anxious, I'm fed up of dealing with thinking I need to urinate. I know no one is a Doctor but I guess I'm reaching out to see if anyone else is dealing with this. I've forgotten what it's like to normally need to urinate. I'm not scared of it being some serious problem either now, an idea of what is going on and a plan would be good!

Thanks

Careful1
04-02-19, 18:50
I have been dealing with this for some time now.. I just saw a urologist on this past Friday. He checked my urine and did a 3 second ultrasound to make sure my bladder was emptying fully which he said it was and so he gave me some medication to try.

I think I have always urinated more then the normal person but the last few months its been crazy and its no longer just peeing often but its to the point that once I get the signal that I have to go, its urgent. Its the worst at night for me because I get up to many times a night to go and sometimes its so much I end up falling asleep on the potty. I dont know the cause but I have been tested for diabetes many times, urine cultures etc. Its deff an awful feeling.

whatisthis
04-02-19, 19:32
Yeh I've always urinated a lot but this is very strange and worse than the chronic pain I had for a few years (for me).

Strangely I don't have to get up in the night though to urinate. Usually get worse as the day goes on. I can hold once you get the signal for hours until I'm actually full.

My social life has gone, lost a relationship and many other things with this.

Careful1
04-02-19, 21:36
Its good that you can hold it, I think... I can often times not hold mine and either i get to a bathroom or its coming out and I can not stop it although this happens mostly at night.

I hope things get better for the both of us... Oh one thing, my dr asked me if i drank a lot of coffee or soda.. Do you? He told me caffeine makes you go more and carbonated stuff irritates the bladder.

whatisthis
04-02-19, 21:50
I stopped caffiene and drank only water for a few months with no improvement. I rarely drink carbonated drinks anyways.

Have you been checked for overactive bladder? If it's coming like that it could be a sign of it? Unfortunately I was tested and it was negative.

Careful1
04-02-19, 22:28
No. he just checked my pee and made sure my bladder was fully emptying, then gave me some meds to try.

whatisthis
04-02-19, 22:30
Actually they gave me meds before urodynamics so that's right. I hope they work for you :)