PDA

View Full Version : Tingling in face for a week

Athena138
05-02-19, 15:33
In the beginning it was for part of the day, but now it seems to be 24/7 - on and around my nose, lips & chin (centrally, not one side). I had this happen for a bit years ago (just my nose) but I was having panic attacks at the time. I could make the tingling stop by calming myself down. This time I can't make it stop and I'm not having a panic attack. I have been extremely stressed/anxious for a very long time and I'm wondering if it has all caught up with me and is triggering physical symptoms. A few weeks before this began, I started experiencing other typical anxiety symptoms, like a lump in my throat sensation and constant upset stomach (still have those too). I've had a CT scan done of my neck and head, which was normal. I should also add that I had surgery on both my upper & lower jaw and chin years ago, and that I have nerve damage/dulled sensation in part of the area that is tingling. I wonder if it makes it more likely to act crazy. What do you all think?

nomorepanic
05-02-19, 16:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

Phantasia
05-02-19, 18:23
I think anxiety can do crazy things to us, and definitely make it so that we feel things that might be absolutely normal but we interpret them as abnormal. Or that "bad nerves" can actually light up nerves and make us really, physiologically feel things -- like numbness/ tingling.

I get facial numbness, too. (I went down the dreaded "numb chin" Dr. Google pathway not too long ago .... stay far away!) Like you, I had a head and neck MRI that showed nothing of concern.

mary jane
07-02-19, 15:33
In the beginning it was for part of the day, but now it seems to be 24/7 - on and around my nose, lips & chin (centrally, not one side). I had this happen for a bit years ago (just my nose) but I was having panic attacks at the time. I could make the tingling stop by calming myself down. This time I can't make it stop and I'm not having a panic attack. I have been extremely stressed/anxious for a very long time and I'm wondering if it has all caught up with me and is triggering physical symptoms. A few weeks before this began, I started experiencing other typical anxiety symptoms, like a lump in my throat sensation and constant upset stomach (still have those too). I've had a CT scan done of my neck and head, which was normal. I should also add that I had surgery on both my upper & lower jaw and chin years ago, and that I have nerve damage/dulled sensation in part of the area that is tingling. I wonder if it makes it more likely to act crazy. What do you all think?

I can empathise as I have the same symptoms. For neuropathy and paresthesia you can try GABA medication, usually for Lyrica one would take them for 3 months and then wean off them provided the sensations don't return.

It's something that comes and goes usually, I sometimes get buzzing w/ my vulvodynia

Lola-Lee
08-02-19, 11:07
Being stressed and anxious causes the tingling in the face, I used to get it daily,never had tests done just took my Psychologist advice along with meds to calm myself,haven’t had the tingling for a couple of months,only around my nose.

Liddy1993
08-02-19, 16:19
I agree anxiety can do crazy things to your body. If you hyperfoxus on a part of your body it’ll feel different try it focus on your leg or arm and I guarantee it’ll feel weird/tingle. I bet if you stop focusing on it it’ll stop, I’ve had this happen before with breathing and frightened myself so much I’d forget how to breathe because I was so focused on it.

Flapj
23-07-20, 18:11
Anyone else get the tingling face? I also had a heat sensation like burning on my face.