PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about MS, any help/reassureance?

leoguaje7
06-02-19, 03:51
Hello guys, been reading this forum on and off for a few years whenever i get health anxiety, and sadly i google every single little problem that happens to my body and have done since i was about 13.

I'm 21 now and in that time i've convinced myself i had ALS, brain tumours and several other problems, but none turned out to be true, which does help me feel a bit better here... but..

The last few months i've had some really weird symptoms and every single time i search on google or anywhere else MS seems to pop up continually and it's terrifying me.

It all started in around august where i felt some strange weekness in my left arm which made very small volunatary shakes/movements whenever i moved it, and then i got a numbness (this is hard to describe as it wasn't actually numb but it felt numb, even though i could still feel it) in my pinky finger, which went on and off and has stopped now, but then it went into my left foot at around christmas time, and again was on and off.

For the last 3 or so weeks i've also had pretty much non stop twitching all over my body (i have had twitching in the past but never for this long).

Also other symptoms are a strange feeling in my head, some memory issues and on and off tingling on random body parts which doesn't stay long.

I'm 21, 6 foot 6 and 300 lb. My diet is very poor and i don't do much excercise at all. I worry alot and i realize my vitamins could be low so i have just started taking a multivitamin (made sure it had b12) these last few days. I've had anxiety disorder since i was 10.

Any help is really really really appreciated! very worrysome time for myself

And one more thing, i know the most obvious answer is to visit the hospital and get tests, but i've never gone to the hospital for any of my worries in the past as i'm absolutely terrified of finding out and my life being ruined. Cheers!:hugs:

ankietyjoe
06-02-19, 09:24
Hello guys, been reading this forum on and off for a few years whenever i get health anxiety, and sadly i google every single little problem that happens to my body and have done since i was about 13.

I'm 21 now and in that time i've convinced myself i had ALS, brain tumours and several other problems, but none turned out to be true, which does help me feel a bit better here... but..

The last few months i've had some really weird symptoms and every single time i search on google or anywhere else MS seems to pop up continually and it's terrifying me.

It all started in around august where i felt some strange weekness in my left arm which made very small volunatary shakes/movements whenever i moved it, and then i got a numbness (this is hard to describe as it wasn't actually numb but it felt numb, even though i could still feel it) in my pinky finger, which went on and off and has stopped now, but then it went into my left foot at around christmas time, and again was on and off.

For the last 3 or so weeks i've also had pretty much non stop twitching all over my body (i have had twitching in the past but never for this long).

Also other symptoms are a strange feeling in my head, some memory issues and on and off tingling on random body parts which doesn't stay long.

I'm 21, 6 foot 6 and 300 lb. My diet is very poor and i don't do much excercise at all. I worry alot and i realize my vitamins could be low so i have just started taking a multivitamin (made sure it had b12) these last few days. I've had anxiety disorder since i was 10.

Any help is really really really appreciated! very worrysome time for myself

And one more thing, i know the most obvious answer is to visit the hospital and get tests, but i've never gone to the hospital for any of my worries in the past as i'm absolutely terrified of finding out and my life being ruined. Cheers!:hugs:

Stop doing those things.

Stop checking Google. You WILL NOT be able to recover unless you stop doing that. Not possible, can't be done. Stop doing it.

A couple of supplements is going to do nothing for your health. Get out and go for a brisk walk every day. Walk until you feel out of breath and a little sweaty, for about 20-30 minutes.

Just change those two things for a month and see what happens.

There's no point in offering somebody who Googles and doesn't take care of themselves any reassurance as you've developed habits to counteract any kind of reassurance. Only you can change those habits, so just start with these two. You don't have MS.

leoguaje7
08-02-19, 09:42
Thanks for your response my friend, i never even thought about that or realized it could be why it's happening.

Another Q, with MS, does numbness go away and come back ect? as since posting this i havent felt any kind of numbness

ankietyjoe
08-02-19, 09:52
Thanks for your response my friend, i never even thought about that or realized it could be why it's happening.

Another Q, with MS, does numbness go away and come back ect? as since posting this i havent felt any kind of numbness

Asking about MS symptoms is the same as Googling. You don't have it :shades:

Go out for a walk, even though the rains are falling!