PDA

View Full Version : Mornings !!!!!!!

TRISTAN
06-02-19, 09:37
Why are mornings so bad ???

As soon as I wake up I feel scared , dread , can’t cope , cry, can’t function on anything, this lasts for a good few hours then I feel totally numb and tired

It’s driving me and my family mad and really had enough now

Anyone else get this ?

TRISTAN
06-02-19, 09:51
What do you do to cope with it , ? This has been going on for months now

Darksky
06-02-19, 09:58
It's because stress hormones peak naturally in the mornings, then slowly decrease during the day. There's a chart on here somewhere. In most folks it gives them the get up and go to start their day..in us it makes us feel bad because we are sensitive to their effects,

Maybe as soon as you get up, go for a run or something to get it out of your system quicker. Have a shower, colder the better. I always have something to do first thing. The worst thing to do is to sit ruminating on it.

TRISTAN
06-02-19, 10:02
I lost my job so have loads of free time and going for a run is the last thing on my mind , got bad cold which is not helping and changed meds so it’s all going through my head

purplepie
06-02-19, 12:03
Hi Tristan/all
I am currently going through a bad period of this, wake up and feel sick, heart pounding, dry retching, constant nausea until late in in the day, come over all hot and tingly - all signs of severe anxiety. I cry as well because it is so frustrating!!

I went through this 7 years ago and it was horrible and here I am again (burn out and delayed grief have kicked it off I think). I am signed off work as I could not possibly go in in this condition but being at home is rubbish as well. I do get up, get dressed, force a bit of food down and sip on ginger and lemon tea but it is still there. So fed up feeling like this.

I can understand how a run would be the last thing on your mind, when mine kicked off I still enjoyed going for a swim but at the moment driving and sitting at my Parents takes it out of me. Its so draining.

Darksky is right about why mornings are worse, but it doesn't help when you can't seem to shift it.
How are you feeling today?

TRISTAN
06-02-19, 13:37
Been up since 6 and still feel out of control bad and really worried , social services have moved me out of home and in with mum due to impact it’s having on my kids and wife , so bad today I don’t know what to do ,

This shit is scary now and had enough

BlueIris
06-02-19, 13:39
I'm so sorry, that sounds horrendous.

What sort of care plan do you have in place for yourself?

TRISTAN
06-02-19, 14:09
Don’t really have one , just started sertraline and coming off venaflaxine so going to be a shit month or 2

I’m lost and scared and worried , this is no life

BlueIris
06-02-19, 14:10
Remember you can always talk to us here - anxiety is a vile disease, but I know you'll make it through.

Are you having counselling right now?

purplepie
06-02-19, 14:11
Hi Tristan
What meds are you on. They can make it hieghtenedinthe first few weeks but it's hard to know what is meds and what is symptoms. I feel at a loss about what to do. I am going to my mum's most days as I don't want to be on my own. I thank God that I don't have children to care for. I feel for you. Your family must be worried and just want you back to your normal.

Have you been through this before?

TRISTAN
06-02-19, 14:47
Been suffering for last 6 years , not all been bad but after a brake down in March 2017 I ended up in mental hospital for 3 weeks and lost my job due to I’ll health

Been at mums for 10 weeks , I do see kids every day but it’s getting harder to put on that front and just feel run down and scared most of my day

Just started sertraline 3 days ago and come of venaflaxine I also take a shed load of add ons

Quetiapine, mirtazapine, lorazepam, lyrica and zoppyclone for sleep

BlueIris
06-02-19, 14:49
Wow, that's practically a whole pharmacy!

I do get what it's like to feel terrified all the time, and being out of work probably isn't helping as it gives you more time to stew. Would doing a little volunteer work help, maybe - just a few hours a week somewhere supportive?

TRISTAN
06-02-19, 16:01
Yeah looking into that now but feel so shit physically with side effects and anxiety it’s going to be hard

BlueIris
06-02-19, 16:08
I really do empathise - I know how exhausting severe anxiety can be, not to mention meds. I stepped up my citalopram this week and I had to take an afternoon off work because I felt completely out of it.

Something to consider for when you're a little more stable, maybe. I'm biased because I'm a crazy cat lady, but animals don't judge you when you're panicking.

TRISTAN
07-02-19, 09:03
Here it comes again , scared , can’t cope , low , worried, no control

Need help !!!!!!!!!

BlueIris
07-02-19, 09:06
Try to breathe through it - maybe put the radio or TV on?

TRISTAN
07-02-19, 10:05
Got tv on but might as well be off , can’t take another day like this it’s all too much

BlueIris
07-02-19, 10:08
Do you have a crisis line you can call?

TRISTAN
07-02-19, 10:40
Yeah I do

BlueIris
07-02-19, 10:51
Might be worth giving them a ring if you're really suffering.

TRISTAN
07-02-19, 10:58
They can’t help me when I’m like this it’s so bad today I feel I’m going mad with no cure

BlueIris
07-02-19, 11:06
It's better to have somebody qualified to talk to, though.

purplepie
07-02-19, 12:28
It's a terrible feeling. I woke at 6.30 feeling the same, took a valium, a beta blocker, and my AD and tried to have another sleep. The feelings of panic to start the day is horrendous and the nausea is terrible. It doesn't get much easier in the day at the mo, The feelings of no hope, can't get through another day, going mad etc are because it is so frustrating and then we wind ourselves up even more.

Do talk to understanding and qualified people as much as possible.

TRISTAN
07-02-19, 20:33
It’s the worst feeling in the world , once I’m awake and it’s sll kicking off there is no amount of lorazepam or propanol that will get me back to sleep

I know it’s bad but glad I’m not alone in this as feel I’m the only person living this hell

TRISTAN
08-02-19, 11:53
Here it goes again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 ----------

How are you guys doing today ? Hope you are all well x x

purplepie
08-02-19, 16:12
Hey Tristan

Crap day for me today, have felt sick all day - think My AD clomipramine which I am trying to go up in is making it worse, but it is so hard to tell.
Can I ask you how you get on with mirtazapine and what mg are you on. x

TRISTAN
08-02-19, 17:00
I’m only on 15 mg for sleep , tried to come off it after Christmas but after 4 days I was climbing the walls , I’m no good when it comes to med change so went back on it so must be helping

Upping my sertraline on Monday to 100 so let’s see

Also a bad day today

KK77
08-02-19, 17:08
When was last time you had a "good" day, Tristan?

Also, I thought you tried sertraline before and it didn't help? Hoping this time it will, of course.

purplepie
08-02-19, 17:54
I spoke with GP today who said that we could try mirtazapine if I decide to try something different. I am worried about weight gain and wondered what your experience is of it. Not sure what a therapeutic dose is. I will have a look.

TRISTAN
08-02-19, 19:49
Last time I had a good day was a very long time ago tbh

I did try it once after coming out of hospital but gave up after a week due to coming off a very hard ad but this time it’s my last shot

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Hasn’t caused me any weight gain and I think a good dose is about 30 but as I’m on so many I don’t want to go any higher

fishman65
08-02-19, 21:59
Mornings are the worst part of the day for me Tristan. Like many on the site I think. Probably not only due to the reason Darksky wisely highlighted, maybe because we see a full day ahead of us, something to get through.

Purplepie, I'm on mirtazapine and it makes me crave carbohydrates. I take it at bedtime and have to resist the urge to get up and stuff my face with anything stodgy. If you can get past that, perhaps have just healthy food in the house, it does give me some decent sleep.

Darksky
08-02-19, 22:51
Yeah you have a point there FM, about having the whole day ahead of us. I know I much rather get into bed at night than get out of it in the morning.

TRISTAN
09-02-19, 08:40
And so it starts !!!! Again

BlueIris
09-02-19, 08:43
I think you maybe need to try and think about having something to look forward to? I suffer from a little early morning anxiety, but the one thing I've learned is that it's better to have too much to do than too little.

If mornings are a problem time, it may be worth making plans the day before for something that you want or need to do.

pulisa
09-02-19, 08:45
So what are you going to do this morning, Tristan?

---------- Post added at 08:45 ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 ----------

It's far better to have a plan than to sit around ruminating.

TRISTAN
09-02-19, 08:51
Shake and cry and tell my mum I can’t cipe with another day and that I’m scared

BlueIris
09-02-19, 08:58
That sounds a lot like ruminating, Tristan. You could do some housework, or visit/join your local library. The worst thing you can do if you're feeling awful is just sit there and give in to that - I've learned this from experience.

Scass
09-02-19, 09:22
That sounds a lot like ruminating, Tristan. You could do some housework, or visit/join your local library. The worst thing you can do if you're feeling awful is just sit there and give in to that - I've learned this from experience.

Absolutely. Break the cycle.

Also good to find an affirmation or something. I know it’s cheesy, but start the day with “it’s a beautiful day because.....”. Not “it’s a rubbish day because”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRISTAN
09-02-19, 10:17
Just feel so tired of it all now , got withdrawal from venaflaxine and propanol, got side effects from sertraline, really bad anxiety and depression is bad , no motivation and just feel like my life is over now ,

Sleep is poor and really bad dreams

Darksky
09-02-19, 10:38
You must do something. Anything, but get moving. You will never break free of this by sitting and crying. We've all been there. My mornings aren't good but I make sure I do stuff. This morning despite feeling bad, I've hand washed all the sofa covers and got them in the wind drying. Next I'm going to re seal the shower. Boring stuff, yes, but it's getting me moving and I feel better for it. You will too.
I know you didn't fancy my idea of a run first thing but force yourself out. Get the wind in your face and jog for a bit. Make yourself do it. Honestly, you are doing the worst thing possible by sitting around thinking about it.

KK77
09-02-19, 11:16
But you can't be sure it's withdrawal from Ven. Sert should ease any electric shock sensations/headaches/nausea, but I accept there will still be some upheaval swapping over meds, and I feel for you.

But as unappealing as it might sound, going out or keeping busy around the house is really the best thing you can do right now. Far better than ruminating and feeling miserable. Push yourself to be active, even if it's something trivial.

TRISTAN
09-02-19, 12:25
Just fixed my sons bike , 2 hours active

pulisa
09-02-19, 13:02
Shake and cry and tell my mum I can’t cipe with another day and that I’m scared

Your poor Mum. Have you ever thought about how she will be feeling about this?

It's really good that you've been fixing your son's bike! So much better for you than sitting around. Probably not what you want to hear from us but it's true. You have to take some responsibility for your mental health and actively try to make things better rather than expect others to come up with a "solution". They won't.

BlueIris
09-02-19, 13:06
That's great, Tristan, your son must be really happy!

Darksky
09-02-19, 13:42
Brilliant, that's the sort of thing :yesyes:
It's not a cure all and you'll probably still feel pretty crap while you're doing it but by focusing on something else will give your mind a much needed change of direction.
Try to find something tomorrow morning too, when it hits, just think sod it, I feel crap again but I'm still going to do x,y or z.

TRISTAN
10-02-19, 08:48
Another morning and another problem to deal with , when will this stop my brain can’t take much more .

Father-in-law’s got cancer !!!!!

pulisa
10-02-19, 08:51
I'm sure your wife will appreciate you giving her some love and support during this very stressful time. Think about how she must be feeling..

TRISTAN
10-02-19, 10:18
I have come home too see her but not much use in my state ,

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

I'm sure your wife will appreciate you giving her some love and support during this very stressful time. Think about how she must be feeling..

I’m in a really bad place and think it’s me but find some of your messages a bit harsh , please don’t take offence but this really is hard

Darksky
10-02-19, 17:34
The fact that you've gone home to see her will be a great comfort and support to her. She won't mind if you feel you're doing no good, the fact is, you are, simply by being there when she needed you.

KK77
10-02-19, 18:11
I’m in a really bad place and think it’s me but find some of your messages a bit harsh , please don’t take offence but this really is hard

I don't think Pulisa's post was harsh but to the point. It seems that your anxiety has created an isolating bubble around you, which happens so often. You think you're "useless" and "weak" because you have anxiety yet many of us here suffer the same fate without feeling so negative about ourselves.

I understand how society puts pressure on males to be strong and "manly", the "breadwinner" etc. But what about mothers with anxiety who also have to be carers for their children?

The only way to burst out of the bubble you find yourself in is to identify and empathise with those around you, not cut yourself off. Not to see others' problems as a burden on top of your own... But that others suffer too and that you're not alone in a bubble of your own making.

TRISTAN
10-02-19, 19:42
Thank you everyone for your support , it is me today

Tomorrow is another day , kk your right I’m just in a all is negative day and so frustrated and just hope new meds , counselling and keeping busy can get me back on track

purplepie
10-02-19, 19:50
Hi Tristan

It sounds like you are in a bad place and I don't envy you swapping meds as it is the last thing that I would want to do. I have the GP Tues and hope he doesn't suggest it.
I understand what the others are saying with trying not to ruminate but I do Understand how hard it can be as I am currently in a severe bout of anxious depression. When I get to sleep, I hate the morning coming around, I do get up and force down toast and tea and then try to get sorted but it is very difficult. I am agitated, anxious yet can't be bothered all at the same time - having both anxiety and depression is not a good mix. Is this what you have?

You did well fixing your Son's bike and as Darksky says, your wife will be comforted in you just being there, you don't have to do or say anything, just give her a hug and say ' I am here if you want to talk about it' and even if your own mind is not with it or concentrating (as I know I can't take in a lot the way I am at mo), she will have got stuff off her chest.

When your are in the thick of a bad episode of illness, it is all consuming.

For me today, I slept well and hoped I was in for a good day, but had an anxiety afternoon - feeling hot flushed, pins and needles in arms, mood went down hill and I was painting a wall upstairs. So I would like to say to the other members that even though activity helps, feelings, moods and thoughts as you all probably know (and have been there) can come out of the blue and change a 'think I might be improving' moment into a 'oh here we go again, I am not getting better, freak out' moment.

Everyone on NMP is supportive in their own way and can only speak from their own experience.

Have a read of Dr Claire Weekes Self help for your nerves'- she suggests activity while letting time pass for as long as it takes. Take your feelings and look at them but don't dwell (hard I know) as this will only bring more panic and fear.

My mind is in turmoil thinking I am never going to feel right again, but I thought that 7 years ago and I came through it. I just want it to happen overnight but that is not how mental health works-it sucks and it is crap!!

Ethansmom
11-02-19, 10:57
Mornings are the absolute worst for me too. I take a klonopin when I wake up and have coffee ( cofee is a bad idea as an anxiety suffer, I know). I need to break the habit. I take Effexor ( highest dose), klonopin and just recently seroquel xr which I’m not sure is helping except for sleep. I’ve had a few break through panic attacks these past few weeks . Feeling like I can’t breathe, shaky, scared feeling like I’m loosing control. That’s when I pop another klonopin. Therapy helps in the moment, but I don’t find it that useful. I try to surround myself with people who understand mental illness but this has been going on for 5 years now. Enough is enough. I’m sick of feeling like this. I have an eight year old and a husband that I need to be normal. It sucks. I don’t know how I got like this, but I’m trying to make every effort to get better. Running, walking, talking with friends, going out to eat with my family. It’s helps distract me, but I feel anxious again when it’s time to go back to work. Imagine trying to work with anxiety and panic disorder? I’m surprised I’m able to hold down a full time job. Klonopin is the med that is seeing me through this

TRISTAN
12-02-19, 08:24
I held down a full time job for 4 years so I know how hard it is and lost my job due to I’ll health in the end ,

I got 3 boys and a wife and it’s bloody hard every day and just wish we could all take a magic pill and be cured

No more suffering x x x I

purplepie
13-02-19, 17:51
I am signed off work at the moment Ethansmon - these symptoms are frightening and debilitating. I have been free of quite a lot of them for some years but they have come back with a delayed grief response.

It makes you feel so fed up - whoever says that mental illness is a state of mind has never felt it - we are some strong people on here to keep fighting for a 'normal' life! Hugs to all.

TRISTAN
13-02-19, 20:47
What’s normal ?????

Hugs back at ya

TRISTAN
14-02-19, 08:17
This is so not funny any more , I’m going mad !! B. B

Midnight-mouse
14-02-19, 10:33
This is so not funny any more , I’m going mad !! B. B

It’s not fun at all I know, I get a flare up each morning too. How are you doing now? Do you have a routine in place to help get out of the morning panic?

Positive vibes,

Mouse

TRISTAN
14-02-19, 10:40
I get up , get dressed and leave mums house to come home to mine , it takes a good 3 hours to even function , going through a med cgange and just don’t feel good ,

I try to stay positive but always on edge and just so fed up

Midnight-mouse
14-02-19, 10:48
I get up , get dressed and leave mums house to come home to mine , it takes a good 3 hours to even function , going through a med cgange and just don’t feel good ,

I try to stay positive but always on edge and just so fed up

I’m the same way even without the meds, it just takes time each morning but I get there. At least you know you will come out the other side of this when you adjust to the meds, just a waiting game.

Staying positive really is the best thing to do!

Mouse

TRISTAN
15-02-19, 13:18
Feel like I have the flu today but I haven’t , does anyone else get this ?

Midnight-mouse
15-02-19, 13:20
Feel like I have the flu today but I haven’t , does anyone else get this ?

Been dealing with the same the past two days, it’s just from being worn down.

Mouse

TRISTAN
15-02-19, 14:08
Sucks bad , so fed up of this life now ��

BlueIris
15-02-19, 14:15
In that case, you need to ask yourself what action you need to take to improve things.

TRISTAN
15-02-19, 20:38
If it was that easy none of us would be on here ????

So what do you do blue ??

BlueIris
15-02-19, 20:52
I try hard to make sure I don't spiral - I don't always succeed but that's my goal.

I make sure I don't spend too long doing nothing, which sometimes means assembling a bunch of busywork, even if it's just phone games or sorting seed beads. If I have commitments I'm struggling to meet, I make sure people know, and try to knock at least one thing off my to do list every day. Even if I'm exhausted from fighting the anxiety, I've learned that inactivity is my worst enemy.

I let people know if I'm having a rough time but try not to ask them to make too many allowances so they won't begrudge it when I really need them. I also listen to the people closest to me if they think I'm being irrational, because they can sometimes see it when I can't.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, or even that my anxiety's under perfect control (it really isn't). I fight hard to maintain my mental health, though, for the sake of the people I care about but primarily because I've lost enough to this evil disease already and I don't want it to take any more from me.

pulisa
16-02-19, 08:22
Good for you, Blue Iris. It's so important to take responsibility for your mental health whether you're managing anxiety successfully or whether you are struggling badly. For your own self esteem and for the people you care about around you. You can't rely on others to make things better-you have to find your own way of managing and coping on a daily basis whatever that takes.

BlueIris
16-02-19, 08:29
Thanks, Pulisa. I won't pretend there aren't times when I don't just want to go to bed and cry all day.

That's a pretty lousy coping strategy, though, not to mention making a horrible mess of your face ;)

Bittersweet05
16-02-19, 17:23
Boy I understand what you mean. I have been light sleeper lately. Up two plus times during night. I count how many hours there are till I have to get up for work. Try to go back to sleep and feel I can't breathe andstart to shake. Happens on weekends too. Maybe I should look into that chart you mentioned. I am is U.S. and winter. I hate that too. Alot going on in life. Crying makes me feel a little better. I love this website. To know people out there that feel the same. I health anxiety too. Never ends.

purplepie
16-02-19, 19:44
*** Just posted this in another thread I am on but it was meant to be for this one****

Hi All
I am still really anxious in a morning, shaky, sometimes retching, very agitated. The anxiety at the mo is pretty much lasting all day and then I get these occasional hot/shaky/panic feelings and it really sets me back that I will never get better. This episode started in December for me - a nervous breakdown from a combo of things. I am staying on 50mg of clomipramine on GP say so and I have 2mg diazapam tabs if required although I am trying to do without these if possible. The beta blockers seem to do little so not sure if it is worth even taking them.

Can I ask you all, is it just anxiety you have or do you have depression along with it. For me the two go together and so I can be anxious tight chested surreal one minute and also flat, no feeling, crying.

TRISTAN
17-02-19, 15:42
Anxiety and depression go hand in hand I’m afraid , I’m half way through a med change and just feel crap and anxious all day , I wake early with it and it’s constant

Mornings are hell for me and take 3 lorazepam as soon as I get up

pulisa
17-02-19, 16:22
Why? No wonder you feel awful.

TRISTAN
17-02-19, 17:04
Why what ?

pulisa
17-02-19, 17:59
Why are giving yourself a chemical cosh of benzos as soon as you get up?

TRISTAN
17-02-19, 18:11
To try and take the edge off my mornings , could that be why I feel worse ?

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:09 ----------

It started with one years ago then started taking 2 now find myself taking 3

BlueIris
17-02-19, 18:14
This is because you're developing a tolerance, yes.

TRISTAN
17-02-19, 18:19
Should I go back down to 2 ?

Carys
17-02-19, 18:33
I know you have started another lorazepam thread, but saw you were discussing it on here too. I would say that if you have been taking 4mg a day for 'years' (you said on the other thread) then I think you need advice from the psychiatrist who medicates you. You will be very tolerant and dependent on it after 'years' (don't know how many years?) of use and changing it quickly could be detrimental.

whispershadow
17-02-19, 19:05
Should I go back down to 2 ?

What does your doctor say, Tristan? :hugs:

pulisa
17-02-19, 19:30
Please don't make a decision on this without discussing it with your psychiatrist.

I was just surprised that you were taking such a high dose which must make you feel sedated and sluggish? I thought you were going to try to keep yourself busy? Will you be able to see your children at half term?

purplepie
17-02-19, 20:32
I take 1-2mg when I am really struggling but I have only just been prescribed them. I know taking them for years is not advised but I do know people who take 1mg daily as they have been on the for years.

I am doing stuff with my time but feel terrible while doing it. My mood is so flat and I feel on edge and overwhelmed for no reason. This morning was bad.I woke at 6.30, took at valium, slept again for an hour and then took 20mg of propranolol which are not worth the prescription they are written on. In a morning my heart races at over 100bpm, I am clammy, sweaty, feeling sick with nerves and annoyed with myself for feeling like this!

TRISTAN
17-02-19, 20:37
Yeah , been with them all weekend which has been nice but have to come back to mums at night ,

Just so fed up in the morning and in a real mess I just take 3 , doesn’t make me feel any better and psychiatrist said cut it back

pulisa
17-02-19, 20:53
Easier said than done when you've been on them for years. As the psychiatrist should know of course..

So you take them out of habit?

Carys
17-02-19, 21:01
I suspect its not out of habit, but because you need higher doses to get effect from them as time goes along as you become tolerant, so people gradually increase and increase and this can lead to dependence. The same as any benzo, you get withdrawl effects once you have taken for a considerable time (which varies from person to person) and certainly 2 years is a considerable time. What amount does your psychiatrist want you to reduce by ? Withdrawl can exacerbate the very problems they were taken to combat. I'm so surprised to hear of a psychiatrist prescribing 4mg a day for 2 years.

pulisa
18-02-19, 08:49
When my daughter was younger she saw a psychiatrist who wanted her to take high dose alprazolam (Xanax) every day. She didn't.

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

They have such a depressant effect over time as well.

TRISTAN
18-02-19, 09:51
So this morning is the worst I have felt in a long time , upped sertraline and reduced quetiapine,

Really bad sleep too and just can’t calm down enough to function

TRISTAN
18-02-19, 19:49
Your not alone there , my psychiatrist has just taken me off propanol after 4 years

TRISTAN
22-02-19, 11:29
How is everyone doing today ??

TRISTAN
26-02-19, 10:47
So upped sertraline to 200 on Sunday and my anxiety has gone sky high and can’t cope with this shit , so very scared

whispershadow
26-02-19, 13:58
So upped sertraline to 200 on Sunday and my anxiety has gone sky high and can’t cope with this shit , so very scared

:hugs: tristan, hope you feel less scared soon :hugs:

purplepie
28-02-19, 15:56
Hi All
My morning anxiety and agitation has seeped into the rest of my day and I am getting so fed up. I feel constantly sick and have to retch. Got GP tomorrow, hope we can get somewhere. How is everyone doing

Bittersweet05
01-03-19, 00:45
Yes I deal with that. Starts at 4 am before work and doesn't get better until noon. I hate that nervous shakey feeling. I feel for all who feels that way.

purplepie
01-03-19, 13:43
I saw GP today and told her about the dreadful mornings and days of anxiousness with a little ease at night. She said that is really common. I am upping my meds 10mg to 60mg of clomipramine over next 2 weeks and then upping again to 70 if I can to get to a dose that is helping the anxiety as well as the depression. She said to take a 2mg valium every morning to help to get me to next stage as I feel I could climb the walls in a morning. It is exhausting being like this all the time.

How is everyone else doing. I am so grateful to have this forum for support.

Aquilega
01-03-19, 14:43
Good afternoon I am the same every morning trouble is if I start the day off like this it lasts most of the day,it seems to me that if I nod off during the afternoon when I wake up its the same as the mornings,I get lightheaded all day as well,if I had a pound for every time I said to myself "I've had enough of this"I'd be a millionaire,30 years now wow must be a record ,I will add that I do get the occasional breaks and I find that when I feel good I am on cloud nine but my problem is that i fight anxiety instead of accepting it,but hey ho life goes on:)

TRISTAN
02-03-19, 11:22
So doctor has now put me on duloxatine instead of sertraline, took first one today and feel really unsure how day will pan out , so scared of change

BlueIris
02-03-19, 11:37
Take it on a minute by minute basis. Do you have any plans for the day?

TRISTAN
02-03-19, 11:58
Surviving !!!!!

BlueIris
02-03-19, 12:05
Okay, what are your survival plans? Are you going to hole up with a TV box set or go full prepper and start building your bunker for the coming apocalypse?

TRISTAN
02-03-19, 12:55
Just watching tv at moment , don’t feel good but I never do anymore

purplepie
02-03-19, 14:57
Hi All

Aquilega - I too keep fighting it and at the moment scared of it instead of accepting, but accepting is hard when you feel bad. When I feel good I can accept more because I can function better. It is hard going isn't it?!

Tristan - I don't envy you keep having to try new meds. I hate having to take what I take and that is just a AD which I am going up on and diazapam when needed in a morning. Feel crappy today, more tired than normal though which is a change and maybe because past two months have been high anxiety. Went to post office before and felt impatient and on edge.

TRISTAN
03-03-19, 11:50
Feel terrible today , scared of the unknown, what ifs going round and round in my head ,

purplepie
21-03-19, 20:38
How is everyone. I am slightly better but have felt very anxious today :(

Chrisig1986
23-03-19, 17:25
80% better I would say, I'm still on 50mg sert don't want to up just yet. I've got drinking cold and struggling with sinus felling. Still have dodgy stool all tedr came back clear. I'm still dodging my social life, I just can't push myself to do it. I feel good when in my normal routine x

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TRISTAN
24-03-19, 10:40
Still really high anxiety but only on week 3 of med change , starting to get fed up of feeling bad and letting my family down ��