PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice - please

Panic1971
04-09-07, 08:35
Hi there

I really need some advice - I dont know what to do.

I have been having some problems with my legs. I keep getting really bad pains at the top of my thighs and my legs feel really achey. I have had it now for about 3 months. Some days I can cope with it, then others it really gets me worrried.

I went to the doctor a couple of weeks back and he sent off a blood test to check for myalgia. I got the results back last week - and the receptionist said they were normal.

The problem is that the pains are really bad today and it is painful to walk. My lower back is also achey. I really dont know what to do. Allsorts of things are running through my mind ie bone cancer etc. Any advice on what I should do??? Could it be tension??? I really dont know.

Thanks for reading.

Panic1971
05-09-07, 08:31
Have just rung my doctors for an appointment.....

jo61
05-09-07, 08:36
Good plan to go back to the doctors Ann. I suffer from achy legs when I'm anxious, the tension is a killer. Let us know how you get on.

:hugs:

Panic1971
05-09-07, 08:37
Thanks Jo.

jo61
05-09-07, 08:45
No problem. Have you got an appointment for today?

Panic1971
05-09-07, 16:30
Yes Jo - went today. Couldnt wait any longer.

She said it is all down to anxiety and tension. She said if it was anything else it would have shown up on my blood tests.

Mrmagoo
11-09-07, 05:14
Hi there

I really need some advice - I dont know what to do.

I have been having some problems with my legs. I keep getting really bad pains at the top of my thighs and my legs feel really achey. I have had it now for about 3 months. Some days I can cope with it, then others it really gets me worrried.

I went to the doctor a couple of weeks back and he sent off a blood test to check for myalgia. I got the results back last week - and the receptionist said they were normal.

The problem is that the pains are really bad today and it is painful to walk. My lower back is also achey. I really dont know what to do. Allsorts of things are running through my mind ie bone cancer etc. Any advice on what I should do??? Could it be tension??? I really dont know.

Thanks for reading.

I sometimes read what is said here and want to take the person and stare at them in the face and say "hey its perfectly normal".

Im sorry .You don't have myalgia whatever that is .I am under the impression that its a disease I think I know which one ,but I could be wrong.

Im going on 56 and swear to you that over most of those years I have experienced what you are on an almost daily basis.

I read and read and read on here the same symptoms and wonderf if anyone ever heard of a hot bath and taking asprin,tylenol or alieve.

Most of everything that I read about is cured or temporarily cured with those simple things.

I know its scarry for you .I have also sufffered with anxiety most of my almost 56 years and its dishearting and worrysome but remember you aren't the only one.

This week its leg pain next week it will be head pain next week it will be numbness and the week after aftershocks in your head. Its all stress ,anxiety and normal wear and tear , I promise.

Although I get worried some days not much anymore but I still do . I try to think well if it hasn't killed me by now probably won't and well if it does then I had a good life.

I feel for all of you and think when you get achy legs ichy fingers or buzzing in your ears think of those with really serious problems.

No arms,no legs typing with their teeth or something to that extent.

Im almost sure that your little worries will disappear. I am not putting myself above anyone else here. I have those days too.

I assure you and im not a doctor you do not have bone cancer nor any other leg diseases or issues.

Its mostly tenshion ,stress,muscle cramps ,heat or cold exposure,doing to much to quick to soon to fast without warm up.

Yes even the young need to do a few strecthes in the morning. Good luck to you and really im not getting onto you . Just hoping that you can let go and have a wonderful day .