PDA

View Full Version : Lymph nodes scare

Realanxious
07-02-19, 14:51
Hi Peeps,
I am 23 with 2 lymph nodes that I can feel in the side of my neck I know I am probably being silly but they have been there for years 2-3 exactly the doctors have felt them said there nothing to worry about but I still touch them and totally freak out about lymphoma and leukemia...I have so much tension in my body any little pain I think it's to do with something bad&also suffering from DPDR

PLEASE HELP!

nomorepanic
07-02-19, 14:55
If the doctors aren't worried then I wouldn't worry - they know about these things.

Stop poking and prodding though.

Leslie735
07-02-19, 18:48
I have 2 in the side of my neck I can feel too. Are yours on the same side? Mine are on the left side, directly next to each other. They both feel like 1/2 peas I can slip around. One i noticed about 13 months ago and the other one about 6 months ago. I have the first one checked my ultrasound, twice and ENT wasn't concerned.

Liddy1993
07-02-19, 19:08
If you had cancer you they would’ve grown progressively over the last 2-3 years! I’d suggest you read some replies from fishmanpa I had a similar worry and he really helped. If it’s any reassurance I have on my neck that I poked and orodded so hard I cut the skin and made it triple in size! Doctor couldn’t even feel it once it had gone down and I thought it was huge :roflmao: I also have one behind my ear for a good ten years too. If you look for something on your body you’ll find it, if it’s truly bad it’ll find you.

Realanxious
07-02-19, 21:20
I have 2 in the side of my neck I can feel too. Are yours on the same side? Mine are on the left side, directly next to each other. They both feel like 1/2 peas I can slip around. One i noticed about 13 months ago and the other one about 6 months ago. I have the first one checked my ultrasound, twice and ENT wasn't concerned.Yes mine are on the left one is in the lower part on the side of my neck and the other one is on the top ,I haven't had a scan but the docs said there nothing to worry about which still shits me up tbh

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:19 ----------

If you had cancer you they would’ve grown progressively over the last 2-3 years! I’d suggest you read some replies from fishmanpa I had a similar worry and he really helped. If it’s any reassurance I have on my neck that I poked and orodded so hard I cut the skin and made it triple in size! Doctor couldn’t even feel it once it had gone down and I thought it was huge [emoji23] I also have one behind my ear for a good ten years too. If you look for something on your body you’ll find it, if it’s truly bad it’ll find you.Yeah I'm sort of accepting that's the case now just don't like feeling them in my neck just brings a hella lot of anxiety! Thank you though

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Usacfan63
07-02-19, 23:45
I’ve had one on the left side of my neck for probably 3 years. Hasn’t grown, doctor said it’s ok but I still worry. I’m currently struggling with this same deal as I have some under my jaw I can feel but doctors don’t really feel and I’ve been told I’m ok, but still I poke and worry. The biggest thing I can say is that if the doctors say it’s ok, you’re truly ok. I’m going to get mine checked again soon, just for more peace of mind, but I still worry, it’s very common. You’re not alone in feeling like this my friend!! In closing, you and I will make things worse by poking and being that we are the same age, it’s unlikely we have any issues. Just try and tell yourself not to poke or worry. Trust me I know it’s hard.