PDA

View Full Version : Blood tinged vomit and dark stool

LilyLabVA
07-02-19, 16:11
I've had quite the morning. Need help sorting through these medical things.

First, I am on day 4 of a low carb diet. Keto but not as low keto as many people go. I'm eating regular meals- more salads, tuna, protein, hard boiled eggs, etc. I have lost 2lbs already which is likely water weight. This brings me to my issues....

Went #2 this morning and stool was very dark. On TP did not appear black but more of a dark green. Yesterday I did not have any greens or dark foods but I did the day prior have a mixed green salad. Though I have been backed up from increase in cheese.

Then I got to work and felt a bit nausea after taking all my vitamins on an empty stomach with just coffee! Went into bathroom and got sick but minor, not like stomach flu vomit, but more like a bile on empty stomach after a heave or two. The appearance concerned me. It was light brown due to my coffee but tinged all throughout with what looked like scant light pink to reddish blood! This is very frightening to me!

I then realized that one of my vitamins is a supplement called Deplin which is in orange gel cap. Considering this may have mixed with my stomach bile there is a good chance this is the "blood" I thought I was seeing in my vomit. Though I am not 100% convinced.

nomorepanic
07-02-19, 16:44
I think you have actually answered your own concerns and have reasons for everything so not sure what else to say.

AMomentofClarity
07-02-19, 16:56
Need help sorting through these medical things.

there is a good chance this is the "blood" I thought I was seeing in my vomit. Though I am not 100% convinced.

You’re not convinced, yet you expect internet strangers halfway across the world to be?

It sounds like you’re just looking for people to blindly tell you what you want to hear.:shrug: