PDA

View Full Version : Just Started On Multivitamins How Long To Work?

andrewjdavid2005
14-01-05, 22:49
Hi Everyone

3 days ago i started taking a multinutrient tablets containing the vitamin b complex and lots of minerals are also in this including iron, zince, magnesium, copper, folic acid, vitamin c and d etc.

I have heard that vitamin b can help with fatigue which is what i have been suffering from for ages now and hoping to get out of it.

How long will this supplement take to start having any sort of effect on me?

Thanks.

Meg
15-01-05, 00:48
...about a month.

Eat sensibly too as some of your nutrients need additional food compounds to help absorb and digest.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

vernon
15-01-05, 17:19
I got prescribed Vit B compund strong tablest about 3 months ago. and dont realy notice the difference. I think they do help but not noticable. I think u have to also find the root of the problem and treat that too. take care Vernon

littlen
11-02-05, 20:04
i ask the docter re vitamin b but he said that if you dont need it then it can cause eye problems but what the chances are i dont know and how do you know if you dont have enough vitamin b or to much [:I]

mojo5
11-02-05, 23:28
Hi Andrew

Tried Vit b complex myself and I have to say I didn't really notice an effect.

I decided to change my diet to aquire the range of vitamins you're talking about - I got a book I think it's called Dr. Ali's Food bible ( Can't get the exact title right now but will get it for you). Gives you tips on food types and groups that will naturally heal you whatever your ills.

I've found that HAS made a difference - What's more I enjoy eating all these foods much better than a tablet.

One word of advice don't change your diet too quickly - give your system time to adapt to the changes.

Good luck

Mo.

Meg
12-02-05, 01:17
The Vit B is not supposed to have an active role that you can see.
It is the essential vitamin in supporting your nervous system so eases the pressure on that if you have been acutely anxious or panicking a lot.
Some people get extra energy and disturbed sleep if taken at night.

It is not wise to take more than 100mg a day.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

FAN
12-02-05, 13:40
im confused what vitamins to get can you just take multi vitamins or is it just vitamin b and is b6 the same as b?

fan x

Meg
12-02-05, 16:16
Vit B complex is mostly made up of Vit B 1,2, 6, and 12.
You need this most when you are acutely anxious or panicking but not long tem once you're getting better.

It puts back into the body what you deplete it of when panicking.
When you're acute its recommended a 50mg tab a day weaning down after a couple of months to 2-3 tablets a week as you improve.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

jo-jo
21-02-05, 19:47
Hi there

Magnesium is another good nutrient that can help with anxiety as it helps to relax mind and body. Symptoms of deficiency can include muscle aches and spasms plus anxiety and insomnia.

Foods naturally rich in magnesium include seeds, nuts and fruit and veg, esp dark green leafy veg so try to eat plenty of these and top up with a supplement if need be.

Best wishes
Jo

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"