PDA

View Full Version : Ugrading VBulletin forum on Monday February 18th

nomorepanic
08-02-19, 14:52
We are going to be upgrading the Forum to VB4 next Thursday starting at 10am.

The whole of NMP will be down (website/forum/chat) during this time.

It is going to look a bit different but everything you are used to should still be there. We can address any issues once it is upgraded to make sure members can navigate the new forum easily.

It should (finally) be mobile device friendly :yesyes:

Alex will post updates on here nearer the time.

Thanks

UPDATE - We have had to postpone it now until Monday 18th February.

KK77
08-02-19, 16:28
It is going to look a bit different but everything you are used to should still be there.

I hope I won't look too different :ohmy:

whispershadow
08-02-19, 21:19
Thanks for saying about it before it happens :hugs:

I don't cope with changes very easily, particularly when they're sprung on me :scared15: I assume that I don't need to worry about this? Historically when another forum was down I thought they'd banned me (not the forum I had serious problems on, a different forum) :sofa:

venusbluejeans
08-02-19, 21:27
no need to worry at all whisper.. you won't be able to get onto the website for roughly 3 hours while Alex changes it over, but that is only to change to the upgraded forum.

venusbluejeans
08-02-19, 21:30
I hope I won't look too different :ohmy:

I told Nic there would be someone who would moan if it looked too different :whistles::whistles::roflmao::roflmao:

nomorepanic
08-02-19, 22:10
I thought KK meant that he didn't look different - he was being funny I think:roflmao:

venusbluejeans
08-02-19, 22:17
I thought KK meant that he didn't look different - he was being funny I think:roflmao:

ohhh I read the word I as it lol

KK77
08-02-19, 22:26
Ahh. I was thinking of my Complaints Street Cred and being beside myself :wacko:

venusbluejeans
08-02-19, 22:30
Ahh. I was thinking of my Complaints Street Cred and being beside myself :wacko:

We could open your old account again and then you really would be beside yourself :roflmao:

KK77
08-02-19, 23:59
Crikey.... MM has AGED so much I barely recognised him :roflmao:

whispershadow
09-02-19, 00:30
What's Complaints Mismanagement Controller? Just wondering :shrug:

nomorepanic
09-02-19, 00:32
A joke - nothing to worry about

venusbluejeans
09-02-19, 00:38
Nothing to worry about whisper, as Nic says just a joke. KK started the complaints thread in the misc forum..... like mine says 'crazy cat lady'

MyNameIsTerry
09-02-19, 03:24
Thanks for letting us know, Nic. Had a quick look at it on Google Images and it looks similar in style to the OCD UK one. Is that right? If so, not too much different but more modern/app looking, bit more simplified lay out.

nomorepanic
11-02-19, 16:27
We have had to postpone it now until Monday 18th February.

MNIT - Not sure if it is like OCD one or not

Carys
11-02-19, 16:55
How exciting !!! :D

KK77
11-02-19, 21:00
Thanks for letting us know, Nic. Had a quick look at it on Google Images and it looks similar in style to the OCD UK one. Is that right? If so, not too much different but more modern/app looking, bit more simplified lay out.

I sincerely hope we don't get those round avatars - we'll never look (and scream) the same again! :ohmy:

nomorepanic
11-02-19, 21:02
OCD UK doesn't use VB as far as I can tell and nope ours looks nothing like that and no round avatars

KK77
11-02-19, 21:14
OCD UK doesn't use VB as far as I can tell and nope ours looks nothing like that and no round avatars

:yahoo:

nomorepanic
17-02-19, 14:21
Just a reminder about this upgrade tomorrow.

The website should still be up and running and the forum will be available on and off whilst we upgrade it.

Please do not start new threads around 10am or you may lose them.

whispershadow
17-02-19, 17:21
Thanks for all your hard work, nomorepanic :D

Alex
17-02-19, 20:14
HI all

Just another reminder that I will be upgrading the forum tomorrow starting at 10:00AM.

Whilst the upgrade is in progress the forum will be visible but locked so you will not be able to post.

There will be a period of total downtime where the forum and site will be offline, I am expecting this to be early in the afternoon. During this period you will get a page explaining we are doing an upgrade

Oh for the record OCD UK use Invasion Powerboard not VB

Alex

MyNameIsTerry
18-02-19, 05:00
HI all

Just another reminder that I will be upgrading the forum tomorrow starting at 10:00AM.

Whilst the upgrade is in progress the forum will be visible but locked so you will not be able to post.

There will be a period of total downtime where the forum and site will be offline, I am expecting this to be early in the afternoon. During this period you will get a page explaining we are doing an upgrade

Oh for the record OCD UK use Invasion Powerboard not VB

Alex

Ahhh!!! Enforced exposure therapy by NMP! :winks:

Thanks Nic & Alex. When I mentioned OCD UK it was because I typed VB into Google Images and some of them showed a main page with a similar layout to their's (more greyscale, rounded edges, etc). I didn't consider the threads.

Alex
18-02-19, 09:59
Ok starting the upgrade process

Site will be back later