PDA

View Full Version : Flu

zippy
08-02-19, 18:23
I started wirh flu 2 weeks on sunday, i was in bed for 3 days with chills, body aches etc. It left me with a chesty cough and my breathing isnt right still. I feel shattered too. Would it last this long and affect my breathing. I went to the drs last week and she just said my checks were ok and its just after effects of the flu.

KK77
08-02-19, 18:39
Would it last this long and affect my breathing.

Of course, and in many cases longer.

zippy
08-02-19, 18:40
I mean the cough and breathlessness?

NancyW
08-02-19, 18:41
Hope you feel better soon Zippy, nasty bugs out there.

Midnight-mouse
08-02-19, 19:08
I mean the cough and breathlessness?

Definitely, my parents both had the flu this time last year. It took my dad more than a month to completely get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liddy1993
08-02-19, 19:51
I had this before Christmas until about 2 weeks ago it lasted about 4 weeks. My ears also got blocked and my nose was so sore and dry along with the cough and brethlessness. It’s been 2 weeks give yourself a week or two and you’ll be back to normal

ErinKC
08-02-19, 21:12
The cough is generally the last to go. It can go on for weeks. Very normal. Just take it easy.

zippy
13-02-19, 13:14
My lungs feel heavy still and its hurting in the right side of my neck when i breathe in.

BlueIris
13-02-19, 13:15
Flu can take months to shift properly - I wouldn't worry about it.

bin tenn
13-02-19, 19:49
Was it confirmed flu, or just something that resembled the flu? Asking because everyone in my house was hit by what we thought was the flu recently, but flu tests came back negative. Apparently just a virus that mimics the flu. We now have that nasty cough and other things that tend to linger after an illness. You'll be fine.

NervUs
13-02-19, 23:00
I had it last year for a full 14 days or more. First week, I couln't even stand up for more than 5 minutes. It was BRUTAL. Even more brutal bc all 3 of my kids had it at the same time as me and would interrupt my sleep constantly.

Flu can be very long lived, and the cough can linger weeks beyond the day you finally start feeling normal.

Good luck!

zippy
20-02-19, 11:06
No it wasnt confirmed flu but i was in bed for 4 days with muscle aches, chills, sweating etc. I feel like i cant breath properly but i dont know if thats my chest or shallow breathing with anxiety. I am also shattered.