PDA

View Full Version : New Job Today!

LockedShut
04-09-07, 11:18
I bit the bullet a few months ago and applied for a job. The only job I've ever applied for, and I got it! Working in a high school library as an assistant.

And the job starts today!
The school is at the end of my road, a literal two minute walk from my door. My significant other's (Mr Man, as I call him) mother works there, and his little brother is in year 9 there too.
I work from 12 until 4. Four hours a day!
And for the hours, the pay isn't bad either, about £8 an hour, I think.
I'll be home by 4:05 where I'll be greeted by my Mr Man who's hanging out at my house until I get back where I've been promised celebratory sex and croissants for dinner.

I'm nervous as hell. Been ill for the last three weeks. But for the first time in the 4 years since I left high school I actually feel like my life is starting. Slowly, but starting. :yesyes:

I'm looking forward to coming home after a long day (ha! yeah, right!) and chilling in my cosy new bed and feeling good about myself. God knows, I deserve it!

:) ~ xo

Anna77
04-09-07, 11:28
Well done for getting the job - that's amazing :yesyes:

I sure you won't need it but good luck for today anyway! I hope it goes well for you.

Lorelai x

PS - the 'celebratory sex and croissants' made me laugh :) Take care, and i hope things continue to improve for you x

JulieAs45
04-09-07, 11:49
Well done on getting the job, im considering taking that step myself this year, makes me go into a panic just thinking about it, but I think its something that would really help me get to the next step.

You should be really proud of yourself, it sounds like it all coming together for you so thats wonderful.:D

Have a great first day at work :yesyes: and enjoy the croissants and whatever else when you get home!:blush:

Julie
:flowers:

LockedShut
04-09-07, 12:04
Okay, NEWS FLASH...
I went to the school and was told that my hours are actually 1 until 4, not 12 until 4, so I'm working 3 hours a day!!

And they asked if I can change into some rough clothes 'cause the library is dusty at the moment and she didn't want me to mess my neat clothes. Jeans on my first day!

Southern_Belle
04-09-07, 16:34
Congratulations!!! I hope you have a great first day and 3 hours is a great start, plus you get to wear jeans, yay. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Hugs,

Laura

bearcrazy
04-09-07, 20:16
:hugs:

Great Job!!!

Glad to hear you are getting your life back on Track!
Hope the day went well,
TC xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

honeybee3939
04-09-07, 20:50
Many Congratulations to you!:yesyes: So pleased to hear your good news:yesyes:

Love
Andrea
xxxx

groovygranny
04-09-07, 22:39
Eloise!

What amazing news -WELL DONE !!http://th148.photobucket.com/albums/s4/little_sensei/th_image013.gif

That's one huge achievement girl!

By the way - do you still draw?

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers::flowers::flowers:

LockedShut
04-09-07, 23:17
Thanks for the support. Work was odd. First job since leaving school.
Wasn't bad.

Turns out I do work 12 until 4. But I got to go early 'cause it was my first day. Spent all day lifting boxes and stacking stuff, getting the library ready for use.

As it was my first day and I was eager to please, I promised my boss I'd work overtime until next week until the other new girl starts. So I've gotta be up at 8:30 and out at 10. Practically an early start!
At least I'm getting paid for it!

So not so bad. My tummy is still a bit funny and I feel quite crappy. But 4 hours is nothing, right? Should fly past?

*sigh* Mr Man is in the shower and then I'll jump in the shower, then bed. Why oh why do people work?!
I should've asked my doctor if I could go on incapacity benefits!

So, I shall sign off and go warp myself into a blanket and read Wuthering Heights until the bathroom's free...

And GroovyGranny (can I call you nan?!), haven't scribbled anything in a while. A cute picture of me and my Mr Man but that was mooooonths ago! I'll find a sketchpad and see what I can come up with!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/LockedShut/Kiss.jpg < the last sketch I sketched! :blush:

xo

sandlin
05-09-07, 10:18
Well done on your new job- enjoy the experience.

Linda xxx