PDA

View Full Version : Back Again

bluebirds2005
04-09-07, 11:38
Hi guys its been a while since i last used this site but im at the end of my teather and thought speaking to other people in a similar situation might help me.well my panic first started 5 years ago but with a combination of medication (citalopram) and counciling i managed to get my panic under control to such an extent i was able to come of the medication back last december.All was well until about 6 weeks ago when i started getting a little anxious which in turn started of a massive panic attack which landed me back in a+e.After 3 ecg,s and numerous pokes and prods off different doctors i was told it was just a panic attack,Ever since its been a downward spiral with constant anxiety and at least 2 panic attacks every day its become so bad ive had to leave my job ,my partner of 10 years has left me and taken our 3 children because she just couldnt cope anymore and im barley able to leave the house.Ive seen my gp and shes given me valium just to try and get me to calm down a bit and im on the waiting list to see a phsyciatrist.sorry its such a long post just needed to get it all off my chest thanx.

groovygranny
04-09-07, 22:49
Hi gareth,

What a bummer - just when things were going so well for you.

Are you able to identify what may have triggered your anxiety this time? I know some pa's can come at random but the anxiety that starts them off usually has a point of origin.

I am so sorry about your partner - I can't imagine how that must be making you feel. Maybe she just needs a little time to adjust to your present condition and may hopefully reconsider soon. I hope this will be the case.

I'm glad you've got this off your chest - it must have been weighing so heavy.

Hope you don't have to long a wait for the psych - keep us informed ok?

:hugs::hugs:

northern_sky
05-09-07, 00:59
You get it off your chest we are all here for you :) you have been through a lot. I have had 2 ECGs and I think it being 'just' a panic attack is probably worse than it being something else. It's hard to know just what to do when it's a PA rather than an actual physical thing. Took me months to believe it was PAs I spent weeks in bed. :blush: Post as much as you need to, we all identify with other people's posts. :)

bluebirds2005
05-09-07, 01:38
Thanks guys cant think why the panic started just outta the blue i guess and theres no chance of the ex cumming back shes already set up home with another bloke and not seeing my kids is the hard part just cant believe she left with them for someone else

Mayur Nagpure
09-09-07, 06:04
Oh, its seems things are going all wrong because of those attacks. Well, psychiatrist can help you and will give you some medicines for depression, thinking too much and for attacks which should help you. But your partner and childrens left you just for those attacks, well they were suppose to be with you to comfort you, i dont think what they did was good. But if you have some psychological reasons behind your attacks then pscychiatrist will help you and you will soon feel better and someday get rid of these attacks. If there is no psychological reason or some problems due to which u get too depressed then you will need some mental control over yourself by thinking repeatedly that its not going to harm you in anyways