PDA

View Full Version : Bruise still visible after 6 months

cattia
09-02-19, 11:10
My anxiety has been a bit more under control lately but now I'm worrying because back in August I banged my leg (side of my shin). It wasn't even super hard but it was a bad anlge, it hurt a lot and a massive bruise came up. Now six months later, a shadow of the bruise is still clearly visible. I've suddenly started to worry that it could be blood cancer. I have an appointment with the doctor in two weeks. I'm trying to keep regular appointments with the Dr and not move them forward because of panic unless it's really urgent so in the meantime can anyone tell me of they have ever had anything like this? I wasn't too worried until I realised just how long it's been there.

WhereIsMyMind
09-02-19, 12:53
Once I fell up the stairs and bruised my knee, and there was still a faint bruise months later. It can happen.

If you had blood cancer and your symptoms included bruising, you would be getting lots and lots of bruises, probably without even knowing how they had occurred. Since you haven't mentioned this or any other symptoms, it sounds like a one off bruise which wouldn't suggest cancer at all.

Even if you were getting lots of bruises, there are still much more common, benign causes. Some deficiencies (such as low iron) also have easy bruising as a symptom.

cattia
11-02-19, 21:24
Thank you for your reply. I am going to ask the Dr next week when I see her. I seem to be having a bit of a flare up of anxiety after being good for a while, since I now worrying about acid reflux which I seem to suddenly have quite badly these past couple of weeks. Lots of gas, bloating and a cough so now I've skipped onto worrying about different types of cancer. I am hoping I can nip this in the bud before it starts to spiral as this is an all too familiar pattern for me. Hopefully going to the Dr will help.