PDA

View Full Version : Fever for 2 days?!

LuSmith
09-02-19, 13:03
Hi there,

My anxiety has really spiked today, to the point where I'm losing appetite (not sure if it's a result of whatever is causing the problem or anxiety) and just generally feeling rundown. I had a headache for the whole day yesterday and when I checked my temperature was running at 38.4. The headache didn't clear with paracetamol so I thought just going to sleep might clear the problem. Woke up today and still a slight headache, but apparently still have a fever of 38.1!

I generally don't have many other symptoms.. apart from my usual. I have a cramp in my upper back but that was there before (I think). :shrug:

I'm worried that there's some raging infection inside of me that I'm ignoring (or worse!!!), but going to the A&E for 4 hours to find out I should just stay at home and rest would be such a waste of time :/

Is there anyone who has had a fever and then found it cleared up in a few days?! Should I be worried it's something worse? :unsure:

I'm paranoid about all kinds of things now (kidney infections, meningitis, the big c, among other things) and I know I'm just catastrophising but I don't know what to doooo.

chinadoll19
21-02-19, 19:53
Hi, sorry you are feeling as you do. I understand, I am terrified of fevers. I had one recently that went on for 12 days, I thought my temp would never come down. I lost my appetite and lost a lot of weight. I am better (well from that anyway), temp normal, weight going back on. My problem now is missed heartbeats and the nurse who did my ECG saying I would probably need more tests and treatment. I am feeling paranoid about that now as she didn't say what it might be and I have to wait two weeks for a doctors appointment. I know how awful it is to be so afraid of all these things. You are not alone.

kmm111
22-02-19, 18:13
I just posted about something similar. Last weekend I had what started as a headache, but then I woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. No other symptoms. I thought it was odd because usually I'll have a sore throat or cough or something. The fever lasted about 36 hours and then went away. It freaked me out but I assume it was just some virus?
P.S. I demanded blood work earlier this week and it came back negative.