PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone elses body jolt if falling asleep and touched?

Meriland30
10-02-19, 17:58
Just wondering. I was falling asleep last night and my cat walked over my legs and it literally made my whole body jolt.

I know falling asleep and suddenly jerking without stimulus is normal, but how about falling asleep and jolting as a direct result of being touched? Anyone else get this specifically ?

Meriland30
10-02-19, 21:00
Hi, yes I get this all the time. Someone only has to walk close to me and I will wake up with a whole body jolt.Not really sure why but probably nothing to worry about .

Yeah it was bizarre ..like my entire body convulsed for a second when my cat walked on me. Needless to say, my reaction startled the cat and he ran away lol.

MyNameIsTerry
11-02-19, 01:56
Yep, and not when asleep either. Part of my GAD, it had me jumping from brushing myself against anything.

NancyW
11-02-19, 02:13
Yes I'm getting that nearly every night now, I'm going through an extremely stressful time and my anxiety is at an all time high. I'm twitching, jolting, clenching my jaws so bad my teeth hurt, and I feel like falling to the floor sobbing.

It's all anxiety :-(

KK77
11-02-19, 02:30
Yes I'm getting that nearly every night now, I'm going through an extremely stressful time and my anxiety is at an all time high. I'm twitching, jolting, clenching my jaws so bad my teeth hurt, and I feel like falling to the floor sobbing.

It's all anxiety :-(

Sorry to hear that, Nancy. You rarely ever complain and are always supporting others here.

Remember this is just a nasty blip and will likely pass soon. Stay strong :shades:

SarahNah
11-02-19, 02:37
I constantly get this! Especially when falling asleep. My mind jumps to something deadly but its propbaly just the unworked stress of my body not being cleared so you can reach the relaxed place for the sleep!

Sounds like b.s I know but that's I try to tell myself whenever it happens!