PDA

View Full Version : Back after 9 months with MS fears :(

New17
10-02-19, 20:15
Hi everyone,
Iv not been on here for a while, not that I have been fully rid of my anxiety but I was coping and dealing with it a lot better...

Abit of my back story in Jan 17 I had a tingling start in my right leg and arm obviously this then kicked off a massive MS worry! I had this tingling right up untill June 18!!! And then one day it just went up untill last week!!!!

Within this time Aug 17 - more recently I developed a chronic headache condition, this Iv had for nearly 2 years obviously mixed with the tingling I though I had a brain tumour I had a CT scan and MRI scan and this was ruled out and my fear went! I saw a neurologist and was diagnosed with chronic daily headache which i will have to treat with medications. This has actually settled over the last few months so isn’t causing me to much of a worry!

Anyway back to today and I’m right back where I started with the MS worry the tingling is back exactly the same feeling and places as before!! This in my head just must be MS what else could it be?! I’m trying to be rational in the fact I had an MRI scan but that wasn’t to look for MS only my headaches! I didn’t mention the tingling to my neurologist as at the time was within the 7 months I was free of it! Would MS of progressed into something abit more than tingling in 2 years? Would it of shown on the mri after a year after starting? I keep reading different things and my head is spinning and I’m in the hole that is google for the past week! 2 years this has all been going on for and I’m so fed and tired of missing out on my life. Between the symptoms and the anxiety I just can’t cope anymore. I hate myself. I want to keep pushing for tests as symptoms are so consistent not all over and coming and going which anxiety normally presents in.

I’m currently 7 months pregnant and I just can’t cope, I’m seeing my future in a wheel chair with my kids looking on wanting a mum. I hope this makes sense I’m really upset at the money and not making much sense.

stressbelle
10-02-19, 20:54
I am currently dealing with a bit of tingling in one arm brought on by obsessing about a swollen lymph node in that arm. Everything I've researched says tingling is a really typical anxiety symptom and can be made much worse by stress and anxiety.

You also say you're seven months pregnant ... that's a time when your circulation is changing, you're carrying your weight differently, and nerves can be pinched or compressed. I know you first noticed the tingling when you weren't pregnant yet but perhaps the pregnancy could be making it more noticeable?

New17
10-02-19, 21:19
My dr said the same when I seen her last week that’s as it went and then came back in my last trimester it’s probably due to the extra weight. In my head it’s like a relapse that Iv read people with ms have?! The only thing that dosnt add up is I had it for so long previously like over a year then it went away for 7 months and come back the exact same?! From what Iv read ms normally comes and goes over a few months not a year and when it come back it’s not in the same place again it would be within a new area, but I just don’t know.
People say MS dosnt always show on an MRI or even if there was lesions on the scan the DR normally dosnt say unless your showing symptoms, I didn’t mention my symptoms as they weren’t there at the time so I’m now thinking maybe there was something on the scan and I just wasn’t told. I’m so scared, I just can’t belive after 2 years of chronic headaches that would settle and I’m now thrown in again with this tingling!

New17
17-02-19, 13:39
Hi again,
I don’t really know why I’m writing again, I think I’m just feeling really lonely, I’m still in this MS hole and tbh it’s just getting worse, Iv spent 2 weeks now since this tingling has come back just googling and reading forums etc and I’m at the point now where I’m just gearing up for the diagnosis. I told my husband last night hat he should just leave me and get on with his life as I am just going to be a burden on the family and why should both of our lives be ruined, so now he is angry at me.

This tingling in non stop 24/7 in my foot and leg and arm all down the right side of the body, making it feel funny when I walk, I have no pain and symptom to think is an issue woth my back or neck. Iv look for any other cause it may be and there isn’t one.

I had this for a year had an MRI but not for this reason for a chronic headache condition I accumulated while all this was going on! That was clear...the tingling carried on for another 3 months and stopped for 7 months only recently in the last two weeks same place but feel worse than before! I’m also 7 months pregnant. So all in all nearly 2 years of this.

It’s dosnt sound like relapse remitting ms as that seems to go away after a few months and come back after months and months and in a different area. So that leaves me with having by the progressive type which from what I can see horrendous, Iv also nursed people with this at work and I have seen what utter deverstation it can cause. I don’t know I would be a lot more disabled by now if I had that for two years I’m too scared to look into it but my symptoms are just an uncomfortable annoyance which makes me perceive I’m off balance but I havnt fallen over and I can still work a 12 hour day on my feet. But I’m just waiting every morning to not be abale to move or my eyes to go out. A lot of changes are happening to my body as I’m heavily pregnant and it’s making me so distressed not being able to know if it would be ms causing it or pregnancy like my eyes do go funny sometimes and I see sparkles this has only happened since pregnancy though.

I’m seeing a neurologist in a few weeks the one that treated me for my headaches he dosnt know about this tingling as when I saw him it was at the time it had gone away for months, my issue is he’s going to say wel do test after the baby’s born and this to me is 100% there’s something wrong my pregnancy is already ruined and that will just really be the end of it for me, this fear has absolutely every single bit of joy and happiness out of my pregnancy and I can’t believe what meant to be an amazing thing my baby being born is going to be totally over shadowed with an impending diagnosis of ms

BlueIris
17-02-19, 13:44
On my phone so it's hard to type much, but for the love of everything, quit Googling! That stuff only ever makes people spiral, myself included.

You've convinced yourself of something that almost certainly isn't true.

New17
17-02-19, 15:08
Thanks for replying, Iv given up on google, but the damage is done now I think. Iv read so many threads on her about MS fears and worries and I can connect them all together, they all sounds the same tingling randomly in feet and hands or now and then on an area of the body then it moves around and I think to myself that wouldn’t make me worried Iv yet to find anyone who has it in the same place for the period of time that I have had it, all down one side of the body, expect people with the actual disease!

Was funny I had this ms worry for a a good year but then I started having chronic headaches, so I literally forgot all about the MS worry and fixated on brain tumour by now it was (chronic headaches, tinnitus, tingling and floaters) but after my clear MRI that pretty much ruled it it and I was diagnosed woth new daily persistent headache disorder by the neurologist. Within weeks of this diagnosis the tingling is back worse than ever and everything is pointing to MS again. My symptoms stay the same it’s the illness that change in my mind this is what dosnt add up for me when I read how people’s normal health Anxiety goes normally

New17
02-03-19, 21:07
Can anyone pleas help me, this isn’t getting any better I’m in a mess. I have to wait till 1st April for my neurologist appointment and I just can’t cope.

I still have the numbness and tingling and it feels like it’s getting worse. I don’t even want to get up and walk around anymore cuz it’s just a constant reminder of how horrible it feels and it feels like il prob fall and that will give 100% conformation that I have MS.

I’ve come to the reality now that I have got, I’m just hoping it’s the remitting type. I don’t see how it could be though as I had this for 14 months it went away for 7 months and it’s now back, relapses do not last that long from what I have read! Which makes me thinking I had the progressive type which is just going to continue to get worse, I’m due my baby in 10 weeks I don’t even know how I’m gonna carry her around feeling like this with my leg and arm. My oldest daughter had autism and I am her absolute world she will not cope seeing me rapidly decline in a wheel chair and worse. I am so so scared.

New17
24-03-19, 11:57
Iv posted here with my ongoing symptoms over the past two years. I had on and off tingling for 14 months which went away for around 7 months this was in my right lower leg and lower arm and hand!

Whilst it had gone I got pregnant and since I hit my third trimester it’s has all come back but not only has it come back it’s really really bad I can’t really walk properly on my leg, I have constant pins and needles in my leg and arm all down the right side, this has been back for 7 weeks now and it’s just getting worse and worse as the weeks go on. It now feels like it’s spreading to my face and my vision seems off now also. In addition I’m in so much pain my legs feel heavy like I’m walking through mud it’s horrible.

I had an mri 10 months ago which was clear and I’m seeing a neurologist on Monday at my request when this tingling started back up.

I’m pretty much come to term with the fact I have MS this has gone on way to long for it to be anxiety and is also progressing, what I am scared of is is it being primary progressive and aggressive as this seems to be getting worse I’m really worrying how I’m going to look after a new born, I’m stumbling around the house as it is there is no way I can hold a new born baby. I read online that ms flares don’t happen in pregnancy so that’s another pointer to this being the agressing non relapsing form. Iv done a mini exam on myself in the house, walking heel to toe, reflex’s etc and I’m all over the place looks like I’m drunk! I don’t know what to do tbh if this gets worse my children won’t have a mother I can’t look after a baby in this state, I can barely get around the house. I’m so anxious about my nureo appointment Monday it’s literally going to be the start of the end for me

nomorepanic
24-03-19, 13:51
Wait and see what happens on Monday and don't presume anything at the moment.

You ask if you should go to hospital - do you mean A&E today?

nomorepanic
24-03-19, 14:13
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Fishmanpa
24-03-19, 14:28
Based on your post history and the fact you're close to giving birth with all the physical issues that causes, I'll keep the "Told Ya So Gang" on standby.

Positive thoughts

New17
24-03-19, 15:16
This is what bothers me if this had all come along in pregnancy I think I could rationally think this hormones and my body getting ready for the baby causing all these symptoms, but I had all this before I ever was pregnant just never as bad as what it is now, it was more of an annoyance before now it’s actually effecting my mobility and never ever is this in my left side of the body only the right which makes it more concerning.

Fishmanpa
24-03-19, 15:49
I had all this before I ever was pregnant just never as bad as what it is now

Just came back from doctors, said it dosnt sound like ms as i would have weakness and problems with my Vision, she said she dosnt want to investigate it further as she knows it would come back normal and then I would latch on to something else.

I'm still panicking :( ended up in the doctors today as it was getting worse and I went into a spin!

I was happy I went though as she didn't just dismiss it like others and she tested all my reflexes and also looking in my eyes and she tested my strength, which she said is absolutely fine and said she dosnt suspect anything wrong but that also dosnt mean that my symptoms weren't real.

She's sent me for a vit b blood test, which I really don't think will come back with anything as I eat a varied diet etc

She also sent me for a "pears" eye test which my option done today and she also said she couldn't see anything from the eye side of thing and everything looked perfectly normal.

Iv had two optition checks where your eyes are dilated and they look into them with light and all fine but I didn't get a photo taken of the back of the eye.

Iv also had 3 checks by the gp and physio to test strength, balance, blood pressure, reflexes.

Iv also had full blood work but before the headaches started.

These were all normal

Positive thoughts

inogerp
23-04-19, 20:14
Hello,

How did your MRI come back? Is everything OK?

Iv posted here with my ongoing symptoms over the past two years. I had on and off tingling for 14 months which went away for around 7 months this was in my right lower leg and lower arm and hand!

Whilst it had gone I got pregnant and since I hit my third trimester it’s has all come back but not only has it come back it’s really really bad I can’t really walk properly on my leg, I have constant pins and needles in my leg and arm all down the right side, this has been back for 7 weeks now and it’s just getting worse and worse as the weeks go on. It now feels like it’s spreading to my face and my vision seems off now also. In addition I’m in so much pain my legs feel heavy like I’m walking through mud it’s horrible.

I had an mri 10 months ago which was clear and I’m seeing a neurologist on Monday at my request when this tingling started back up.

I’m pretty much come to term with the fact I have MS this has gone on way to long for it to be anxiety and is also progressing, what I am scared of is is it being primary progressive and aggressive as this seems to be getting worse I’m really worrying how I’m going to look after a new born, I’m stumbling around the house as it is there is no way I can hold a new born baby. I read online that ms flares don’t happen in pregnancy so that’s another pointer to this being the agressing non relapsing form. Iv done a mini exam on myself in the house, walking heel to toe, reflex’s etc and I’m all over the place looks like I’m drunk! I don’t know what to do tbh if this gets worse my children won’t have a mother I can’t look after a baby in this state, I can barely get around the house. I’m so anxious about my nureo appointment Monday it’s literally going to be the start of the end for me