PDA

View Full Version : Is it my anxiety or am I dying from oral cancer?

Petrax
10-02-19, 20:23
Recently I’ve been under a lot of emotional stress and out of no where tiny pin pick sized white dots have appeared on the base of my tongue and on the side. They hurt for a few days and then leave a white skin tag like mark on the bottom of my tongue. I’ve just turned 19 and when I went to the doctor he didn’t take much notice of it but I am still concerned. I wouldn’t say I have had a lot of health anxiety in the past but when I googled this one I spiralled out of control. I am currently convinced I’ve got tongue cancer and I’m not sure what to do to console myself. I feel like every morning when I wake up there are more tiny dots less than half a millimeter on my tongue and occasionally gums. The larger ones continue to hurt even after 2-3 days and I’m not sure whether to go back to the doctor or just continue to wait it out. I’m getting very nervous and it’s affecting my concentration. Please help

Liddy1993
10-02-19, 21:08
If it was anything serious your doctor wouldn’t have brushed it off. Could be that you’re biting or irritating your tongue? Or it might be ulcers or sores I know whenever I have any sores in my mouth they take awhile to heal, you could just wait it out and wait for them to disappear or go to the doctor and explain you’re anxious over it and he’ll be able to reassure you. I wouldn’t worry.

Petrax
11-02-19, 05:12
Thanks for your reply! I asked the pharmacist who told me it was small ulcers but there’s at least 6 altogether both under and on the side of my tongue. I swear everytime I look there is more! I’m a nervous wreck

Petrax
11-02-19, 12:42
As per my last post, I’ve been suffering from tiny white dots that are apparently mouth ulcers. After doing some research I found that these could be induced by stress and eating citrus foods etc. when I come to think of it, in the weeks leading up to this breakout I would wake up in the early hours of the night with so many butterflies in my stomachs for no reason.

I looked closely again tonight and noticed that At the base of the middle line of underneath my tongue, there is a small lump there. This of course sent me into a spiral. I am so confused as to whether my tongue situation is oral cancer or I am just undergoing severe anxiety. I’m struggling so hard to tell the difference and feel a sense of reassurance. I’m constantly checking and I don’t know what to do. I’m not a nervous wreck :doh: is there anything I can do in the meantime to alleviate my worries before I pop to the doctors in the morning?

BlueIris
11-02-19, 12:47
Unless you have a chewing tobacco habit you haven't told us about, the chances of you having oral cancer at your age might as well be zero.

Petrax
11-02-19, 12:49
I haven’t smoked and I drink alcohol perhaps once a week in the holidays and never during the learning semester

BlueIris
11-02-19, 12:52
The odds of you having any sort of oral cancer would be millions and millions to one. I think you're probably safe ;)

nomorepanic
11-02-19, 16:37
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Liddy1993
12-02-19, 16:47
Have you gone to the doctors or are you feeling any better? I know how it feels when you get a worry in your head and how hard it is to get rid of it but speaking from an outside view (sometimes I find it helps to ask someone who can give you a logical answer as your anxiety can convince you the worst of the worst) you have nothing to worry about you don’t smoke you don’t chew tobacco or drink excessively it could be that you’re run down or because of stress that you’ve got them. I get bouts of them and I also chew my cheeks and they do take awhile to go and sometimes get worse before they get better. Don’t google anything and I also find telling myself reasons why I wouldn’t have said worry helps as I can kind of rationalize it and calm myself down.