PDA

View Full Version : muscle spasms in the head

Panic1971
04-09-07, 15:59
Sorry to need advice again. I am at my wits end now and really dont know what to do.

I have been under a great deal of stress recently and have chronic tension, mainly in my neck, shoulders and head.

Today at work, my head felt like it was moving inside, like the muscles were spasming. It made me feel really dizzy and panicky. It lasted for a couple of hours.

Is it 'normal' to have muscles spasms in the head and is it dangerous? Should I see my doctor asap. I do suffer tension headaches but this felt really different. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am sorry I keep asking for advice, but my symptoms are so frightening, I dont know what else to do.:weep:

Thanks for reading.

Panic1971
05-09-07, 08:30
Well thats reassuring......

Have just phoned the doctors for an appointment and very worried now.

neon_skyline
05-09-07, 20:01
i suffer from tension headaches and sometimes i have funny rushes which feel like they're going across the top of my head. this is caused by the muscles in my head, so it is completely normal to have spasms because this is what muscles do, especially when we're stressed or anxious.

if the feeling is new to you then going to the doctors might be the reassurance you need. but you are definitely not alone in having these symptoms! the more you worry about it, the less likely it'll be that the muscles will become relaxed, therefore the spasms/headaches and other funny feelings in the head will continue.

sally xxx

honeybee3939
05-09-07, 20:06
Hi Anne

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page there are some posts about muscle spasms too.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Keep going
05-09-07, 20:17
Hi panic1971, i have had these type of spasms for ten years now. They have gradually got more frequent and are cause by stress anxiety, so you get tension. the only way i could get rid of them was to relax. and to get rid of the stress that your under if you don't you will get more anxious and it made me ill.

But don't worry there not dangerous and can be controlled with relaxation techniques and meds.

Stuart:yesyes:

Panic1971
05-09-07, 22:12
Thanks for the replies.

I actually went to see my doctor today - as I was totally stressed out about this and also pains in my legs.

The doctor was really nice and actually listened to me today.

She looked in my eyes and said everything looked fine. She said it was tension and to try and 'chill out' (easier said than done). She advised me to try Syndol from the chemist. At least I know now as I was getting myself into a right state about it. The more anxious I was getting the more frequent it was coming.

Thanks once again.

Jabz
06-09-07, 00:18
hi, just to let you know.. i suffered from constant neck pain and stiffness..for quite some time. it caused me to be dizzy all of the time and weird type of dizzy like thinking things are moving when im walking...

anyway..i got myself doing something (working on my car) and before i was able to realize, my neck tension was completely gone and then i realized i wasnt dizzy anymore.

all i am saying is, stress and constant worry about your neck stiffness will keep it there and will keep you dizzy. if you just take your mind of for a little bit at a time during the day, you will notice that it goes away just as quickly is it comes on.

good luck.

JohnS
07-09-07, 01:39
I suffer from spasms in the head too :( it's embarrassing and I can't figure out a way to stop them..

J.Anthony
01-01-16, 11:59
Since the beginning of November I have had extreme pressure behind eyes that shifts to forehead and right back to eyes . Horrible headaches and very stiff neck and to top it off occasionally these muscle spasms in my head that feel like my brain is being squeezed so tight it's going to explode, to the point where I fainted at work and 911 was called ! I am currently taking Nortriptilyn, Flexiril , and just recently got my cann. card for high CBD products. Anyone else out there that can offer advice I'm all ears !

Blonde123
04-01-16, 09:46
How do you describe these spasms?

A0869294
15-11-17, 14:51
I have a head ache on the right side of my head and I went to the Emergency one day from work my head ache was so bad. They did a head scan and the doctor said all I had was a muscle spasma in my head. Do anyone have this problem.? I don't know what to do my pain is so bad.

sacolucci
19-11-17, 16:44
I was also under tremendous stress and got these random head rush feelings. First, it turned out I had positional vertigo due to ear crystals being in the wrong place, but then, even when I cured myself of this the dizzy rushes continued. The neurologist that I followed up with said it's anxiety.