PDA

View Full Version : Worried that I have more than a stomach bug

beq45
11-02-19, 22:24
Last night I started to feel very unwell before bed and it got progressively much worse, until I got diarrhea and I was up almost all night vomiting and almost completely unable to sleep because of the bad stomach cramps and having to run to the bathroom once or twice an hour. I slept maybe 2-3 hours total. I’ve been holding down liquids and food all day and feel better besides the pounding headache and tiredness.

I have two concerns. I recently came off of a week of amoxicillin for a sinus infection, so I’m hoping the antibiotics didn’t mess up my gut bacteria permanently. I eat Greek yogurt every day for probiotics, but don’t know if that’s enough. My other concern is that I still have a headache (which started when I was vomiting last night) and my neck hurts, so I’m concerned about the possibility that I’ve developed meningitis.

cofo
11-02-19, 23:53
i think if you are able to keep down something now, that you are on the other side of a 24 hour stomach bug. sounds textbook how they run their course. and usually they come on at night so we have to be up all night long! ugh.
your headache is likely from not having enough fluids and from the pressure of vomiting. mix that with your previous sinus stuff and that's a headache. if you can, drink some gatorade in small amounts to balance yourself out.
the neck pain is from puking.
if you can touch your chin to your chest, your all good. and i bet you can.

you'll be back to yourself by tomorrow.

beq45
12-02-19, 02:27
i think if you are able to keep down something now, that you are on the other side of a 24 hour stomach bug. sounds textbook how they run their course. and usually they come on at night so we have to be up all night long! ugh.
your headache is likely from not having enough fluids and from the pressure of vomiting. mix that with your previous sinus stuff and that's a headache. if you can, drink some gatorade in small amounts to balance yourself out.
the neck pain is from puking.
if you can touch your chin to your chest, your all good. and i bet you can.

you'll be back to yourself by tomorrow.

I can touch my chin to my chest. I suppose I shouldn’t be worried, but I feel like I got hit by a lot of problems recently, like the sinus infection, stomach virus, and muscle twitches, and my HA has been acting up more than normal