PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a weird thing about hypothermia?

Clydesdale Epona
11-02-19, 23:12
I've been pretty good at all my little anxieties lately, came leaps and bounds but this is one I still find hard because I don't know how to overcome it haha

I've always been afraid of getting too cold so I always go around in the winter with like two jackets and a coat on. Always suited up in my thermal blue jeggings.

Sometimes I'd like to wear something nice like leggings, and a nice shirt with my various coats
or maybe even just take one jacket off as I do get really hot in college and would rather not take it.

But it's just awkward because I can't know for sure what temperature and clothing combo is safe? I guess that's what makes it hard.

I usually go in as I always do and then just change into my Lacey leggings when I get there in the toilet it's gotten mad :roflmao:

Sorry for the ramble it's just something that's always confusd me :roflmao:

venusbluejeans
12-02-19, 00:08
I work at a school and it is a struggle to get the kids to wear coats in the playground at lunchtime..... some wear school uniform shorts all year round no matter what the weather..... none of them have had any effects from doing this at all.

You know if you are cold...and you put warm clothes on... why worry about getting too cold when you know you can just put clothes on to get warm?

MyNameIsTerry
12-02-19, 02:12
Why not try some exposure (pun yawn :biggrin:) therapy for it? Go out a little way with one less coat on or something more flimsy underneath? Then go a bit further or reduce clothing further.

Usually with ERP they go a step further on from the fear to prove the final step has been sorted...but I'm not suggesting naturism :blush:

Do you find yourself the type of person who carries far too much stuff around "just in case"?

Clydesdale Epona
12-02-19, 07:54
Definitely Terry, you think of it and I've probably got it in case haha.
I bring spare clothinghin my backpack in case I need it,

The furthest I've got is being some clothes in and change at college, was going to do that today but the real feel is 8 degrees so might not A-ha

---------- Post added at 07:54 ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 ----------

Thanks Emma :)

I guess my issue is I bring spare clothes, so if I get cold at college I can change like a loony, but I'd I get cold on the bus there or during the like 5 to 10 minutes wait the theres nothing I can do? unless I take my trousers off outside haha

It's definitely the fact that it's a bit looseygoosey that gets me, like I can't know for sure how to prevent it,

Sometimes 3 jackets doesn't feel enough, at that point I stay inside haha