PDA

View Full Version : UTI or Prostate Cancer

BrokenAge
12-02-19, 05:17
Hey all, currently obsessing over a fear of prostate cancer. I'm 20 years old and somehow convinced myself I have prostate cancer. I have the Classic burns when peeing, urine smells strong, pain in my pelvis area and constant feeling of having to urinate. The burning started about a day or two ago. I noticed I've been having to strain a bit lately to get the final few drops out but thought nothing of it until recently when the burning started. It feels like I have urine just stuck in my urethra, it's an odd feeling. Google doesnt help (it never does) because the symptoms between prostate cancer and a UTI are very similar. I'm hoping this usually goes the same way my worries usually do but it seems like every new health anxiety I am convinced that this one is real and I'm going to die.

MyNameIsTerry
12-02-19, 05:29
Sounds like it's worth a trip to the GP for likely some antibiotics for an infection. They are very common as opposed to what you are fearing, which I suspect you know.

WiseMonkey
12-02-19, 05:56
Sounds like it's worth a trip to the GP for likely some antibiotics for an infection. They are very common as opposed to what you are fearing, which I suspect you know.

I totally agree with Terry, plus prostrate cancer is an older man's disease (50+years of age). It's also infinitely curable.

lofwyr
12-02-19, 06:40
The chances of a 20 year old getting prostate cancer is virtually nil.

Fishmanpa
12-02-19, 11:06
UTI or Prostate Cancer

I'd bet on a UTI.

Positive thoughts

BrokenAge
12-02-19, 15:19
Yeah I followed Terry's advice and went in to the doctors and essentially was told they don't test for STDs and that I'd have to go to the Emergency room which at this point I don't have the money for that so I'll wait it out. I tried to tell the nurses theres no way in hell I have an STD but I suppose its protocol