PDA

View Full Version : Racing heart- tachycardia

jules321
13-02-19, 03:45
I get many heart palpitations per hour all day long. I’ve been thoroughly checked out by a cardiologist (treadmill stress test, heart ultrasound, holter monitor, event monitor, 14 day monitor, etc) and was told they are benign PVCs and am now monitored yearly. Tonight I was laying down relaxing and felt kind of weird. Then I felt my pulse and it was RACING. I’ve never had that before. When I feel my pulse I normally just feel the skipped beats of the PVCs. The racing only lasted about 3 seconds. I’m now terrified I had an episode of Vtach or something that could kill me. I’m jist kind of laying here in shock right now. I’ll obviously call the cardio tomorrow- but I’m scared to sleep.

Careful1
13-02-19, 08:15
Sometimes your pulse can feel like its racing but when you check your heart rate it's really not that fast at all.
You had a decent work up and so its not likely to be vtach which by the way an episode of vtach lasting less then 30 seconds would be considered non sustained vtach and in a structurally normal heart, free of heart disease really isn't necessarily all that spooky. Even still if you did happen to have a brief arrythmia, there are other culprits that would be far more likely..
If your heart rate was fast but felt regular it was most likely sinus tachycardia which is very common, not dangerous and happens for all sorts of reasons. To be clear sinus tachycardia is any heart rate over 100 beats per minute, originates in the sinus node (where heart beats are supposed to come from) and that's regular in rhythm. Everyone on the planet gets episodes of sinus tachycardia every day...

It's good to let your cardiologist know any change in your symptoms, though don't overly worry yourself as it's likely nothing to fret over :hugs:

jules321
13-02-19, 14:44
Thank you Careful. This really helped. Calling cardio today.

Careful1
14-02-19, 01:45
You are most welcome ♡