PDA

View Full Version : Hi

fallula
04-09-07, 21:56
Hi there

I'm Em, a 27 year old from York. Where to start.........hmmmm.

Well I've suffered with depression on and off for the last few years and have been on various antidepressants. I guess have always been quite anxious about everything. As i got older I assumed I'd become more confident and be able to control my anxiety but in fact I seem to be getting worse. Its affecting me in most aspects of my life and consequently I really feel like I'm missing out on things whether its a drink at the pub with people or a promotion at work. I will do anything in my power not to be put in situations that would make me start feeling anxious and het up (situations that most people wouldn't bat an eyelid at) and start feeling anxious over such things as talking to people on the phone, walking into an office thats got a lot of people in, talking to people in front of others, going places by myself, being in long queues, driving.........the list goes on and on.

I was hoping that I'd find some support and people in a similar boat to me.

em x

trac67
04-09-07, 21:58
Hi

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

belle
04-09-07, 22:14
Hi and Welcome :)

x

groovygranny
04-09-07, 22:24
Hello fallula :welcome:to you!

Well, we're all in the same boat here - and there's plenty of room for one more!

You'll find plenty of help and support here too!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

honeybee3939
04-09-07, 22:29
Hi Fallula

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too:) . Make sure you check out the Symptoms, how to cope and first step pages that are sittuated on the left hand side of this page, you will find them of interest also.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

nomorepanic
04-09-07, 22:44
Hi Em

Welcome aboard.

I am afraid there is no easy cure and it just comes from doing the things we hate and facing them but we will suppport you all we can.

manmoor
05-09-07, 08:33
Hi Em,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

KrazyKaz07
05-09-07, 09:40
Hello Em and :welcome: XxxX

Southern_Belle
05-09-07, 16:48
Hi Em,

Welcome to the site. You will find many who feel exactly how you do and will get tons of support.

Hugs,

Laura

Lindalou64
06-09-07, 11:30
Hello Em And Welcome..........linda

SammiB
06-09-07, 11:44
Hi Em

Welcome to the site, there are soo many of us here on the same boat as you and no-one ever judges.

You'll get loads of support and make some new friends

Good luck xxxx

Nibbles
07-09-07, 17:49
Hi Em and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Don't worry if the anxiety shark comes near, I'll smack it on the noggin with my oar. :yesyes:

Take care,

Mike :)