PDA

View Full Version : Neck issues

scaredsick
14-02-19, 17:15
Can someone talk me down?

Last November I had some collarbone discomfort and a swollen neck/gland like feeling in and off.

Following this I had a crappy cold that lasted through most of December and into the new year until it properly went. Accompanied by chills and generally feeling under the weather.

Since the cold went, I still have swollen glands and every morning I wake up and my neck feels swollen. That’s the only way I can describe it. I have 2 hard what I assume to be nodes right where you can feel your pulse in the neck, both sides. These have been hard for longer than I can remember (maybe 15 years) but the soft squishy glands which I am assuming are saliva glands??? Which are closer to the chin seem to be the ones that feel swollen and give me that feeling.

It’s really getting me down. I haven’t been to the doctors as I have terrible white coat syndrome.

I also have a swollen kind of feeling in my right side pubic area although I can’t feel any bumps or anything it just feels weird.

Sometime (today) my jaw area by wisdom teeth feels swollen as well

My gums bleed, not been the dentist either as it terrifies me

I’m such a mess I don’t know how I’m holding it together, I suppose I’m not and just need to vent

I don’t have any throat pain

I do vape, and have read that the PG in vape juice can cause swollen nodes although it’s a new thing and I have been vaping for 3 years and not had a problem before

I can’t talk to anyone else as I don’t want to worry anyone, worst thing I know as feel like my head will explode with the stress worry and anxiety

Feeling concerned

DarkSkies18
14-02-19, 17:21
Geez, not sure if my words will be of comfort but could have written this myself. Always so curious if the glands under the ears as you describe have always been that hard and I'm just noticing now or if they are swollen. I have a ton of neck, jaw and even shoulder discomfort on one side. I clench my jaw at night so i have been putting it up to that but lymph nodes give me anxiety. Hope you can find some comfort!

scaredsick
14-02-19, 18:37
Brother I don’t know what this is, it’s getting me down

The nodes I say are hard are deep in where you feel your pulse I would say under ears although I suppose it that kind of direction

---------- Post added at 18:37 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Oh, and the tinnitus I have had since I was around 14 (I’m 39 now) seems worse at the moment

I’m always sneezy

I want to say it’s all allergy based but seems to have been lingering since November which seems like ages ago. I’m always clearing my throat as well like ALWAYS. I do suffer from acid and take nexium whenever I need it.

I’m just convinced it’s something awful and can’t think about anything else

The neck think doesn’t bother me when I am sleeping as in it doesn’t wake me or anything, but when I get up it’s literally like my whole neck is swollen although it doesn’t feel it on the outside it’s all on the inside around glands etc

DarkSkies18
14-02-19, 19:24
Definitely sounds like it could be allergy based. Have you gone to the doctor. My doctor knows about my history with health anxiety so I try to make my appointments few and far between to avoid "the look", haha. I've been good lately but my neck has bothered me too. Are you thin? I'm 33 and thin and can feel many lymph nodes in my body. From what i've heard that's very normal and that the glands in those spots (under ears/where your pulse is) feel differently than a typical lymph node. I do believe they are "harder" so to speak without actually being a hard or swollen lymph node if that makes sense

scaredsick
14-02-19, 19:56
I keep thinking maybe it’s allergies, but not so sure

As I sit here now my tongue feels dry and swollen slightly

I don’t drink enough (if any) water unless it’s in coffee

How long has your neck felt swollen?

It helps talking to someone so thanks for responding

I haven’t been to the doctors, I keep thinking my neck will go back to normal then I remember it’s been a few months and makes me worry more

I’m not thin, I’m 5.10 and 15 stone however my arms and lower legs seem skinny compared to the rest of me

I’m in terrible shape to be honest and don’t eat right either

All or nothing when it comes to dieting. I’m probably 2 stone over weight and lacking in muscles ��

DarkSkies18
14-02-19, 20:54
Well if you wanted someone to talk you down I can definitely do that, haha. Mine has felt off since November probably. Started going to my doctor who was very nice but definitely doesn't think anything is wrong. He did feel it was easy to feel my lymph nodes but seemed more concerned about my jaw clenching etc. Mine feels more like soreness and then I'll get it all the way down the one side of my body. If it continues I'll go back to my ENT and see what he thinks. It definitely sounds like you are under some stress. What helps me is being mindful of how I feel when these "pains" come up. I have tried stress relief, talking to a therapist, meds, etc. The fact that the pain comes back worries me a bit but I really am trying to not always think of worst case scenario and focusing on the fact that it really is most likely tension that i'm putting on my body. I'm sure your case is exactly the same. I know my symptoms always appear worse if I'm concentrating on them. Hard not to do!

scaredsick
16-02-19, 10:45
Couldn’t be more pissed of today. I woke up yesterday and for the first time in months my neck felt mostly normal. Throughout the day it also felt good and normal. I fell asleep on the sofa last night and woke at 2am and feeing swollen again �� it feels all swollen today and I’m sneezing terribly.

It looks normal it just feels swollen

Took a psuedephodrine (sic) to help with congestion.

Feel like taking something a lot stronger