PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Bad Intrusive Thoughts

Scottyboy
14-02-19, 18:19
Hi

I have general anxiety disorder and OCD. For me they are comorbid conditions and they influence one another and contribute to a cycle. My worries always evolve though.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing with intrusive thoughts is the way they evolve. I have managed to create some space between myself and the intrusive thoughts that have long plagued me. However recently (you can see in my previous post!) my brain threw me a lovey new one. I developed a belief that I was suffering from depersonalization due to excessive meditation. It seemed “reasonable” since I felt a bit off but then of course my OCD ran with it and catasteophized, obsessed and took off. In short, I took a small observation and let OCD win. The equivalent of a tiny headache turning into something much more sinister. At the time it made sense but now I look back and I can see that was a run of the mill intrusive thought.

I really would like to develop the skill to identify these unhelpful thoughts when they arise and are brand new to me!

jcd_gad
16-02-19, 21:42
That's something I'd to try. I struggle with intrusive thinking esp around my family.

It's like I imagine conversations before they happen

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk