PDA

View Full Version : Feeling unwell and scared it’s something serious

Jotia
15-02-19, 14:54
These last two days I have been feeling sick for no reason. I have stomach cramps, feeling nauseous and a dry throat and cough. I also feel really achy. The other day my foot was itching and it had been for like a week now so I googled hoping I could find out how to get it to stop but it came up with causes and when I clicked on it, it said lymphoma could be one. Then I ended up reading all the symptoms and realised I’ve had them for weeks. I have been feeling exhausted since Christmas, I have had cough for weeks as well as on an off body aches. 2 weeks ago I had a dry throat and thought I was getting Sickl but didn’t. Now I’m really scared something is wrong with me.

eva82
15-02-19, 15:15
So weird you posted this just now because I also am having very similar symptoms and it’s worrying me too! I’ve been having a dry cough, nausea, feeling weak and tired too. Started on Monday and I’m scared it’s something more serious. The rational side of my mind keeps trying to reassure myself that it’s probabky just a bug/virus that will pass. But the irrational and anxious side of my mind is going through all sorts of terrible scenarios that end with me on a hospital deathbed! I know this is the time of year that people get sick but I haven’t had this combination of symptoms before which scares me! Worse thing we can do is google so I’m trying to stay away from that, but it’s very hard. I’ve suffered with health anxiety for over 7 years so anytime I’m not feeling well my anxiety skyrockets! Just want to let you know that you’re not alone and that I’m here to chat if you need someone to talk to! Hope you feel better soon!

Jotia
15-02-19, 15:33
So weird you posted this just now because I also am having very similar symptoms and it’s worrying me too! I’ve been having a dry cough, nausea, feeling weak and tired too. Started on Monday and I’m scared it’s something more serious. The rational side of my mind keeps trying to reassure myself that it’s probabky just a bug/virus that will pass. But the irrational and anxious side of my mind is going through all sorts of terrible scenarios that end with me on a hospital deathbed! I know this is the time of year that people get sick but I haven’t had this combination of symptoms before which scares me! Worse thing we can do is google so I’m trying to stay away from that, but it’s very hard. I’ve suffered with health anxiety for over 7 years so anytime I’m not feeling well my anxiety skyrockets! Just want to let you know that you’re not alone and that I’m here to chat if you need someone to talk to! Hope you feel better soon!

Yeah I’m trying to reassure myself it’s just a virus because everyone at college is getting sick at the moment, someone in my class yesterday was even complaining about having a dry throat. But I dunno it feels different from any virus I have had before.

Liddy1993
15-02-19, 15:43
Your body is probably run down and that’s why it’s taken that extra bit to get rid of whatever is in your system. I was sick for about a month and a half before Christmas and coming into January and I couldn’t shake it I had tonsilitis an ear infection and then flu. Stock up on vitamin c to help boost your immune system and STOP GOOGLING!! If you type in anythignlooking for a negative answer you’ll find it, when I’m reality you just have a big/virus that’s niggling for a few weeks. Positive thoughts get that vitamin c and rest a while.