PDA

View Full Version : How to change the time of day I take my medication

newthowaway
16-02-19, 23:57
Hey everyone. I currently take 30mg citalopram at 6am daily but I want to swap to the evening because I get quite fatigued by about 10am and I suspect it is the med. How do I this without suffering any side effects? I had terrible side effects when starting medication and want to avoid these if at all possible.
Thanks.

nomorepanic
17-02-19, 00:02
Don't take it at 6am and take it a few hours later each time till you take it in the evening

MyNameIsTerry
17-02-19, 04:47
Don't take it at 6am and take it a few hours later each time till you take it in the evening

This is the best way. Not a big jump unless you want to risk potential side effects for short while i.e. you could double up or spread them too far for a day.

Going a few hours a day will make no difference to this med. It has a long half life. I've moved my Duloxetine by a few hours at a time or been 6-8 hours late due to some events. I would say I'm more stable on my med and doing this earlier on when I was more sensitive to my anxiety would have been harder so a few hours a ta time will stop that.