PDA

View Full Version : Losing hair and scared.. (photo attached)

Willtyler
17-02-19, 22:13
So I don’t know when this started but I just noticed it. I’d imagine it’s happened within the last month or so.. but anyways I’ve lost hair in both of these spots on my leg, and it’s going upward on my bone I feel like. I’m 20 years old, overall healthy except with some bad eating habits like fast food, but I’m 160 pounds. I have a stay at home job and sit a lot and also have a 5 month old daughter so I don’t get too much sleep, and I also wear long sock all the time, I also sleep in them, don’t know if this helps or not. Here is the photo below. Please respond with any suggestions, thank you in advanced!!

nomorepanic
17-02-19, 22:30
I can't see anything wrong but I would stop wearing socks in bed and let your feet and legs breathe more

Mindsight
17-02-19, 22:30
High stress and folicultus causes this ask me how i know.. one of my panics christmas time at my hight of stress i could rub my legs and rub away patches of hairs

Shadowhawk
17-02-19, 22:32
Suggestions - stop wearing long socks.

In all seriousness, I have this problem too, and it's nothing more than your clothes wearing down the hairs where it rubs.

Willtyler
17-02-19, 22:35
High stress and folicultus causes this ask me how i know.. one of my panics christmas time at my hight of stress i could rub my legs and rub away patches of hairs

Wow really?? I knew some stress could affect it but I didn’t know hair could just fall out like that from stress

nomorepanic
17-02-19, 22:45
Stress is a big cause of hair loss

Charlie1108
17-02-19, 22:54
My partner does manual work and wears long socks and wellies on a daily basis. He has bald patches on both legs in the same places. Nothing more than the friction of the material rubbing against the hair x

Fishmanpa
17-02-19, 23:03
Nothing more than the friction of the material rubbing against the hair x

That was my first thought and I was going to ask what the big deal is anyway. It's just a couple of leg hairs with a completely logical reason why anyway :shrug: I have actual circulatory issues from heart disease and neuropathy and wear thick long socks all the time. I sleep in cotton ankle socks. The only time I go barefoot is in the summer when I sleep. Between the socks and circulatory issues?... Let's put it this way... If I were a woman, I'd barely have to shave! ;)

Positive thoughts

JoeCanuck
18-02-19, 02:51
The only time I go barefoot is in the summer when I sleep. Between the socks and circulatory issues?... Let's put it this way... If I were a woman, I'd barely have to shave! ;)

How do you not go crazy wearing socks all the time?

Willtyler
18-02-19, 04:17
That was my first though and I was going to ask what the big deal is anyway. It's just a couple of leg hairs with a completely logical reason why anyway :shrug: I have actual circulatory issues from heart disease and neuropathy and wear thick long socks all the time. I sleep in cotton ankle socks. The only time I go barefoot is in the summer when I sleep. Between the socks and circulatory issues?... Let's put it this way... If I were a woman, I'd barely have to shave! ;)

Positive thoughts

I was scared I have peripheral artery disease (PAD) because that’s one of the symptoms and there aren’t a lot of symptoms for this disease. I also have cold legs and feet almost all the time which I read could be the cause of PAD as well. I have had an Echo test on my heart with some blood tests almost a year ago and it was all normal, but this I read is in your leg and they didn’t do any tests for that so it scares me.

Charlie1108
18-02-19, 08:17
But you said yourself that you wear long socks the majority of the time? Which sounds like a far more plausible explanation x

Fishmanpa
19-02-19, 10:44
How do you not go crazy wearing socks all the time?

Part of the new normal I guess. A lot of things changed after my cancer and heart issues but that's just the way it is :shrug: You deal with it.

Positive thoughts

Carys
19-02-19, 12:37
I've not read all this thread, but I can tell you that it is simply the hairs being worn down by clothing! Some of us women don't bother 'doing their legs' in the winter, and where my jeans rub I have the same. Literally nothing of concern.