PDA

View Full Version : New Forum problems/feedback.

Pages : [1] 2

venusbluejeans
18-02-19, 16:03
Hiya all,

First of all a HUGE thank you to Alex for all of his hard work on NMP today, I am sure you will agree it has given the forum a fresh new look. :yesyes:

V-Bulletin 4 is much the same as VB3 but with a different look and some different features... It will take a little while for us all to get used to where things are and how to do things, please bear with us while all of us get used to things.

If you come accross anything that doesn't quite work or something that you dont know how to use then please give us a post on this thread and one of us will get back to you to try and sort things and hopefully help you.

Alternatively you can just use this thread to give us some feed back on the new look site, do you like it? are you finding it easy to use? any feedback you would like to give.

Many Thanks NMP Admin team

nomorepanic
18-02-19, 16:33
We are aware that "active topics since ...." is not there yet. Alex is still working on that one.

Clydesdale Epona
18-02-19, 17:07
Hey guys,

no worries/issues as i know of, just wanted to thanks Alex for his hard work! :) it looks fab and fresh x

Carys
18-02-19, 17:08
Greeeattttttt, I've tested most things and can't see any issues. I have now found the threads I had already saved in 'quick links'. Like the feature to have an 'out of office reply to PMs' LOL

FrankT
18-02-19, 18:42
It does look polished.

venusbluejeans
18-02-19, 19:01
It does look polished.

That will be the Mr Sheen :roflmao:

http://www.kylechandlers.co.uk/version-1535638038/images/mrsheen.jpg

KK77
18-02-19, 19:13
That will be the Mr Sheen :roflmao:

Missed a bit, Miss V :whistles:

Umm...will we be getting our flags back on posts?

Well done for all your hard work :shades:

nomorepanic
18-02-19, 19:32
Oh never even thought about the flags - will put that on the list KK

KK77
18-02-19, 19:35
Oh never even thought about the flags - will put that on the list KK
:yesyes:

pulisa
18-02-19, 19:51
You and your flags, KK!! Setting the Standard!!

KK77
18-02-19, 20:04
You and your flags, KK!! Setting the Standard!!
Mustn't let our Standards flag :shades:

Carys
18-02-19, 21:06
I love the flags! Quite right too that they are hoisted again.

whispershadow
18-02-19, 22:32
Thanks so much for all the hard work you've put in, Alex, nomorepanic, venus, Elen and all the rest of the mods and admins :hugs:

venusbluejeans
18-02-19, 22:55
Missed a bit, Miss V :whistles:

Umm...will we be getting our flags back on posts?

Well done for all your hard work :shades:

I love the flags! Quite right too that they are hoisted again.

Alex has hoisted the flags again :) :wistupid:

NancyW
19-02-19, 01:34
Nice, new, fresh look but the font is extremely small. Is there anyway to get more of am app view, it was perfect before the upgrade.

MyNameIsTerry
19-02-19, 02:06
Thanks for the hard work. I like the new format, it's much cleaner and more up to date. The thing I dislike is how close the buttons are to the address bar as on a small mboile device they can have trouble picking them up. I've noticed big sites, like American Express, design them this way too.

A few things I've noticed:

1) the reply functionality has changed. I've seen how it allows you to write underneath the actual post, which is better, and how in a multi quote it will pick the last in order but show both in the reply text box. Just something for us to get used to but it seems neater to me like this. But one thing with it now is if you click in the quick reply box and then change page it askes you if you want to leave the page. That is very useful if you have something typed in the reply as it prevents us losing it with a prompt but when it's blank it's pointless (no biggie obviously, it just seems like it make be something that needs playing with to work the best way?).
- EDIT: just edited my post below and this message popped up afterwards despite not having being in the reply box anymore, clicking on the page didn't work and I had to click into the reply box to them click off it and then it went through without the prompt (which happens the rest of the time) so maybe it's a glitch?
- EDIT2: does it when you enter a thread and scroll down to below the reply box even if you don't click in it.
- EDIT3: also happens after I just posted, then edited but scrolled down below the reply box after the edit had been saved.
2) on your user panel if you click on your latest threads mine are shows 11 pages but there are only 3 so when you click on the 4th it gives a blank page.
3) on your panel there is a summary which shows an All tab. Mine shows 3 threads for some reason and they are aged. What are they there for? I can't see a reason why the 3 I have should be there. It's not the most recent thread I've commented on. It's the same thread showing 3 of my comments.
- EDIT: this has now updated to show the ones I've posted on tonight but you still see those 3 old ones at the bottom if you have a look. It looks like they will be pushed off that screen anyway but it was odd considering they weren't my more recent posts.

But I prefer the smaller layout and the more modern boxing and colouring. It's more neutral on the eyes. I've tried it on my laptop and on my phone (with a 3.5 inch screen) and it works well. Clicks are picked up fine (not considering the issue mentioned above although I would say yours can be done without zooming in whereas Amex you just can't get to it without zooming more often).

I haven't switched the JavaScript on yet (mobile) so I'm not sure how the ads impact on the site as that was a real problem on a small mobile screen and made the site hard to use (it slowed it down noticeably, snapped the screen down at the last second so if you didn't wait it would pick your screen click up as higher up and end up picking the wrong thread and using the advanced reply was very hard as the bottom ad covered most of the screen).

MyNameIsTerry
19-02-19, 03:28
Nic,

Is there any useful new functionality in this update that could be explained here (if you get chance) rather than us asking? For instance, I notice we have an Insert Video (I'm shuddering at the thought of someone's bumhole being uploaded off YouTube! :ohmy:).

I noticed the emoticons have changed slightly. Is the code all the same? (I often type them in manually if on my moby to save having the JavaScript turned back on).

I love that we have an auto save function too. How does it work? If we clicked off a post by mistake would it be there when we re-entered the thread? How does that work with the Leave/Stay prompt? I can test this if not but I thought you might know anyway from when you were looking at what this update would bring? One issue I have in the Edge browser, and I think others have it in different browsers if I recall correctly from talking to another member, is that is you post and your browser returns an error message (e.g. lost signal) when you click back you have lost everything you typed. So, anything large and I have to copy it just in case. I'm wondering if the auto save will stop all that by allowing the back function to show the last auto save? That would be really helpful!

Something I also like is how new posts aren't grouped together showing with a blue line between. Whilst it will make the page/threads slightly bigger it does make it clearer that you are adding an update and at what time.

Showing the thread starter with the date/time stamp is also a useful addition so we can see if threads are being resurrected or zombies a new member has bumped.

Phill2
19-02-19, 07:53
Great to hear.
That's the question I was going to ask

Carnation
19-02-19, 09:53
I posted on my thread and it didn't show up in new posts?
I know mine is not officially new but there are other threads similar to mine in size and age?
Is there some sort of time delay or something else? :wacko:

Carnation
19-02-19, 10:03
This thread doesn't appear in new posts either. :shrug:

Carnation
19-02-19, 10:28
No, it's not working for me :(
Anything I use doesn't appear in new post, even if it is a new post. Looks like I've been lost in the change, that will please some people. :weep:
Sorry, I don't deal with change very well at the best of times, but having a hard time at the moment.

whispershadow
19-02-19, 10:46
No, it's not working for me :(
Anything I use doesn't appear in new post, even if it is a new post. Looks like I've been lost in the change, that will please some people. :weep:
Sorry, I don't deal with change very well at the best of times, but having a hard time at the moment.

:hugs:ssssss Carnation :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Carnation
19-02-19, 10:54
Something is wrong. This thread appeared in new posts then disappeared!!!! I can't cope with it. :(
Whisper :hugs:

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:00
No one is helping me and I feel like I have been barred!!!
Anything related to me in posts isn't showing up on the forum. :weep: please, someone? What's happened?

whispershadow
19-02-19, 11:02
No one is helping me and I feel like I have been barred!!!
Anything related to me in posts isn't showing up on the forum. :weep: please, someone? What's happened?

I'll swap with you if you been restricted on here, I'll accept restriction in your place Carnation :hugs:

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:04
I'm so traumatised by whole thing, Ive been in tears all morning.

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:06
Oh whisper, you are so kind, but you need the forum.
I just don't know why this has happened to me and no answers?

whispershadow
19-02-19, 11:06
I'm so traumatised by whole thing, Ive been in tears all morning.

hopefully someone will be along into this thread soon to play musical restrictions :hugs:

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:13
It's been nearly an hour and a half.
They can't see me because they have barred me! :weep:

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:22
I just want to know why?
Mr C has just discovered how upset I am and can't understand it either. Any posting I do remains in the archives, so as good as being buried.
So it feels like I have been barred. :(
I'm so upset. :(

whispershadow
19-02-19, 11:24
It's been nearly an hour and a half.
They can't see me because they have barred me! :weep:

I can see you, Carnation, and I'm not a mod here :hugs:

whispershadow
19-02-19, 11:31
Carnation I sent this into venus for you :hugs:

Recipient Users:

venusbluejeans (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?35985-venusbluejeans)

19-02-19, 11:29

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/avatars/cattree.jpg (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?88496-whispershadow)whispershadow (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?88496-whispershadow)
https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/statusicon/user-online.pngNew memberCountry: https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/flags/United%20Kingdom.gif

Join DateMay 2018Posts97

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/icons/icon5.png Musical restrictions
Carnation thinks she's been restricted cause apparently her posts are not showing up in new posts for her :shrug:

I'd like to volunteer to get restricted instead of her if she's been restricted for any reason, she's very traumatised and upset :sad:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...feedback/page3 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?228037-New-Forum-problems-feedback/page3)

If she's restricted, can I swap with her cause she needs to be able to post freely? :hugs::flowers:

KK77
19-02-19, 11:32
Mrs C. You haven't been barred - others can see your posts. For some reason we can't see our own "new" post or thread in "New Posts". If you search under your recent posts, it will appear :D

All will be well and someone will come along!

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:35
Thank you whisper, you are great comfort to me at the moment.
I'm like the invisible woman. Anything I post goes straight in to archives, unless it is picked up active threads, which is new and unknown to most people.
Most people will only use the new post button.
I am so surprised how this has traumatised me. I feel like my arm has been severed. I actually had to go back to bed because of it and as for my anxiety, gone up like a skyscraper! Thank you for being there whisper. :hugs:

whispershadow
19-02-19, 11:37
Thank you whisper, you are great comfort to me at the moment.
I'm like the invisible woman. Anything I post goes straight in to archives, unless it is picked up active threads, which is new and unknown to most people.
Most people will only use the new post button.
I am so surprised how this has traumatised me. I feel like my arm has been severed. I actually had to go back to bed because of it and as for my anxiety, gone up like a skyscraper! Thank you for being there whisper. :hugs:

We love you, Carnation :bighug1::hugs::flowers::bighug1:

venusbluejeans
19-02-19, 11:38
heya Carnation, none of the admins have been online this morning so we haven't seen this until now....apologies for that

No one has been barred or anything like that.... it will just be a glitcch in the system.... one which Nic will reply to you about when she comes online.

but just thought I would reply now to say you have done nothing wrong..... I think we were alwayss going to have a few glitches that needed ironing out when we moved forums,

Nic Will be online in a little but to hopefully sort it for you.

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:44
Oh, thank you, thank you KK and whisper.
You wouldn't believe how traumatised I am over this.
I've put myself to bed in hope that it will be just a horrible dream. I have major OCD problems with change and things being out of my control and being singled out as not wanted, hence the barring thoughts.
Whisper has been amazing to me, thanks hun :hugs:
I even shut down my thread today, so I had the last control. Oh my, don't think I will ever get over this.
It's the cherry on the cake for me with everything else.

venusbluejeans
19-02-19, 11:48
Carnation, please be asssured that everyone else can see your posts, so they are appearing on the forum

Alex is working on the active topic list to see if he can get it back to like it was.

We have a list in the admin forum of things to look at and sort

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:49
Thanks Emma for coming on but as you can already see, the damage has already been done as I am in such a state! The new form layout now scares me and I will never be the same after this stressful episode for me. :(

KK77
19-02-19, 11:50
Oh, thank you, thank you KK and whisper.
You wouldn't believe how traumatised I am over this.
I've put myself to bed in hope that it will be just a horrible dream. I have major OCD problems with change and things being out of my control and being singled out as not wanted, hence the barring thoughts.
Whisper has been amazing to me, thanks hun :hugs:
I even shut down my thread today, so I had the last control. Oh my, don't think I will ever get over this.
It's the cherry on the cake for me with everything else.

Admin will reopen your thread again, Mrs C. There are quite radical changes and we all have to get used to it so don't worry. Here to help!

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:52
No one else was complaining, so it felt like it was just me. :( Not wanted!!!! :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

whispershadow
19-02-19, 11:53
*brings Carnation in some flowers and chocolate to help her feel wanted* :flowers:

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:54
I feel so bad today :weep:

Carnation
19-02-19, 11:58
Thanks KK and Whisper :hugs:
But I don't think I want to stay any more, I hurt so bad. :(((
I thought you'd banned me!

Carnation
19-02-19, 12:06
And why does this thread not show up in new posts?
How can anyone see if it is mainly in invisible?
If it wasn't for whisper, I would still be in the dark 3 hours on. :(

whispershadow
19-02-19, 12:07
holds carnation and helps her feel safe :hugs:

whispershadow
19-02-19, 12:07
And why does this thread not show up in new posts?
How can anyone see if it is mainly in invisible?
If it wasn't for whisper, I would still be in the dark 3 hours on. :(

i think it's a glitch, it doesn't show for me either in new posts :hugs:

KK77
19-02-19, 12:09
You are a respected member and very much appreciated on NMP. There will be NO leaving, Mrs C! :lac:

Go easy on yourself - this will be resolved soon!

whispershadow
19-02-19, 12:10
glues carnation to the forum cause we all want her here :hugs::flowers:

Carnation
19-02-19, 12:26
I do appreciate you all, I'm just in an uncontrollable state at the moment. It seems the Site change was the cherry on top of the cake for me. It sank right down in the middle and put me in bed for the rest of the day. :(

Carnation
19-02-19, 12:33
And now I just feel very embarrassed :blush: and pathetic!!!! Sore eyes and sore head. :(

whispershadow
19-02-19, 12:34
And now I just feel very embarrassed :blush: and pathetic!!!!

You're not pathetic :hugs:

*sends that mean thought to the naughty corner for venus to have words with for you when she can* :hugs:

edit: and here's a couple of cat cuddles for you, Carnation :hugs::hugs:

pulisa
19-02-19, 12:36
I wouldn't worry, Carnation. My internet packed up completely last night after the new installation. Have done a full virus screen and removed the offenders but I'm finding using NMP really slow going. Not sure whether it's a general thing or my laptop.

I'm sure all will be well soon but I think I may have difficulties using the new site

Carnation
19-02-19, 12:43
Oh no Pulisa, not you as well. :(
I hope it improves for you. :hugs:

I feel like a silly girl and I am a grown woman, but my OCD has grown with me.
I don't deal with change very well, but if it is a change for the worst, well, all the demons come out to play. :wacko:
Cat cuddles received whisper :hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
19-02-19, 13:00
I can definitely see you everywhere. Some odd things seem to be happening to us at the moment though. If you click My Profile when the All tab is selected can you see your posts there? I can see yours when I view your profile. Please don't worry the site is saving your posts.

MyNameIsTerry
19-02-19, 13:04
I can definitely see you everywhere. Some odd things seem to be happening to us at the moment though. If you click My Profile when the All tab is selected can you see your posts there? I can see yours when I view your profile. Please don't worry the site is saving your posts.Now it's happening to me as well. The Activity Stream is still ok. There are obviously some glitches.

Nic - using my mobile at the moment and no matter what I do to post/edit it is removing the blank lines allowing for a new paragraph.

I can space paragraphs with Java script enabled though.

whispershadow
19-02-19, 13:15
Yeah if you click on my profile as well it only shows some of my activity, does not show everything :hugs:

I'll be back tonight, time to go to work :hugs:

nomorepanic
19-02-19, 13:16
Please bear with us. We have a few things to look at and Alex is currently working on getting it looking right on mobile devices.

Carnation
19-02-19, 13:28
Thanks Terry :hugs:

Carnation
19-02-19, 13:29
Thanks for the comfort whisper :hugs:

sophieunderscore
19-02-19, 16:39
Hi Nic/Alex
I know Em has messaged about this but just wanted to let you know details - I appear to be invisible in the chatroom, I have tried on my phone and two laptops so not sure if it is related to my IP address, I can read people's messages but no-one can see mine and this appears to be the case in pm as well as in the main room. I get set to idle after the normal time, and when I type after that, it doesn't unidle me. Not expecting an immediate solution but hopefully it can be solved at some point - and if I post it here it may be someone else is effect and knows they aren't alone!

Big thank yous - new forum looks great :)

MrsEd
19-02-19, 18:58
Not sure if this has been mentioned but it is still a shame that using the chat room on phone is difficult. the messages don't scroll up until a few more message have been posted.

NancyW
19-02-19, 20:54
Alex is currently working on getting it looking right on mobile devices.

Thank you!

pulisa
19-02-19, 21:36
I don't think the new format is compatible with my ancient Windows 7-have been having awful typing problems. If I disappear, that's why!

nomorepanic
19-02-19, 21:45
I am on windows 7 Pulisa and mine is ok. What browser are you using?

MyNameIsTerry
20-02-19, 02:21
I tested the video function and it can indeed insert video that plays in the thread. If you want to have a look Alex's testing thread now has a funny cats YouTube vid in it.

Does this cause you any issues, Nic? If it's going to impact on you let us know so we don't use it.

pulisa
20-02-19, 07:55
I use internet explorer, Nic

venusbluejeans
20-02-19, 13:14
I use internet explorer, Nic

Maybe try a different browser to see if it helps..... I use firefox and it seems ok on it. there is Chrome too

MyNameIsTerry
20-02-19, 13:27
I'm on Windows 10 using Edge and it's fine. I just switched to IE and found it much slower due to the ads. Have you got an adblocker running? Is it slow opening other sites? IS it slow opening some of those sites that have tons of ads or embedded videos? If it's speed, a stripped down browser will be better. I stopped using IE a couple of years ago as it was despertely slow on my older laptops comapred to Chrome, Firefox (which I found less reliable as it would need reinstalling from time to time) and Edge.

MyNameIsTerry
20-02-19, 13:29
Another issue to add.

There have been 2 occasions where I've added a post and then gone in to edit a typo and the buttons freeze. The save doesn't do anything and neither does advanced. I have to reload the page. I've not had this before.

EDIT: Make that 3 times.

nomorepanic
20-02-19, 14:47
The mobile version is still not working MNIT so a lot of your problems could be that - Alex is working on it in the evenings. It is the first time we have had a mobile version so we don't fully know all about it yet.

MyNameIsTerry
20-02-19, 15:06
The mobile version is still not working MNIT so a lot of your problems could be that - Alex is working on it in the evenings. It is the first time we have had a mobile version so we don't fully know all about it yet.Thanks Nic, it's only the paragraphs issue on mobile which is corrected by enabling Javascript. I hope that's correctable but if not it just means having to edit every post later when on my laptop. It might be possible for me manually insert a spacing tag I suppose, will check it out if needed. The rest is happening on my laptop.

pulisa
20-02-19, 16:40
Maybe try a different browser to see if it helps..... I use firefox and it seems ok on it. there is Chrome too

Thank you Venus. I've just installed Firefox and things are much better. I will assume the title of Forum Dinosaur:D but I still refuse to be have means to access the internet 24/7!!

KK77
20-02-19, 17:20
Thank you Venus. I've just installed Firefox and things are much better. I will assume the title of Forum Dinosaur:D but I still refuse to be have means to access the internet 24/7!!

I usually employ the Complaints satellite system to track you down, as you're a fast mover :wacko:

Sent via Uranus using Crappatalk

MyNameIsTerry
20-02-19, 17:38
Thank you Venus. I've just installed Firefox and things are much better. I will assume the title of Forum Dinosaur:D but I still refuse to be have means to access the internet 24/7!!Is this finally the end of "bring back the quill"? :winks:

nomorepanic
20-02-19, 18:08
Thanks Nic, it's only the paragraphs issue on mobile which is corrected by enabling Javascript. I hope that's correctable but if not it just means having to edit every post later when on my laptop. It might be possible for me manually insert a spacing tag I suppose, will check it out if needed. The rest is happening on my laptop.

Why would you not have javascript enabled anyway Terry?

So that is the only issue on mobiles and you think the rest of the issues are on a laptop/desktop?

pulisa
20-02-19, 19:42
Is this finally the end of "bring back the quill"? :winks:

Nope. Think how much easier life would be without the internet. Ignorance is bliss.

whispershadow
20-02-19, 20:51
Not sure if it's my computer being a craptop again but for some reason some of the time I cannot edit posts.

nomorepanic
20-02-19, 21:54
What does it do whisper?

whispershadow
20-02-19, 21:58
What does it do whisper?

it doesn't always show the edit button and when I click where the edit button would be nothing happens.

Just like clicking on any word in this post makes nothing happen.

nomorepanic
20-02-19, 22:11
Try screen shotting it if you can next time

whispershadow
20-02-19, 22:39
Try screen shotting it if you can next time

ok I'll try, not tech savvy enough to do screen shots though, not sure how to do them :doh:

nomorepanic
20-02-19, 23:29
Are you on mobile or laptop/desktop?

venusbluejeans
20-02-19, 23:30
I use the windows key and the 'prt sc' button together to take a screen shot if you can find those.

whispershadow
20-02-19, 23:47
Are you on mobile or laptop/desktop?

I'm on a laptop :blush:

whispershadow
20-02-19, 23:48
I use the windows key and the 'prt sc' button together to take a screen shot if you can find those.

Sorry venus this laptop don't have the windows key (it's a cheap second hand thing)

venusbluejeans
20-02-19, 23:55
try the ctrl button and the prt sc button instead then? then copy paste it into the paint programme

nomorepanic
20-02-19, 23:56
Click on the window you would like to capture.
Press Ctrl + Print Screen (Print Scrn) by holding down the Ctrl key and then pressing the Print Screen key. ...
Click the Start button, located on the lower left-hand side of your desktop.
Click on All Programs.
Click on Accessories.
Click on Paint.

or just type "paint" in to the "search programs" box to search for it

venusbluejeans
21-02-19, 00:02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRBP4aAH1QI

I think this guy tried to disguise his voice so it is all a little odd... but it shows you the buttons

KK77
21-02-19, 00:09
Helium anyone? :roflmao:

venusbluejeans
21-02-19, 00:19
Helium anyone? :roflmao:

I think he had it all to himself haha

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-19, 02:22
Why would you not have javascript enabled anyway Terry?

So that is the only issue on mobiles and you think the rest of the issues are on a laptop/desktop?

I have to turn off JavaScript to get the site to work enough to use on mobile. On a 3.5 inch display the ads cause problems, prior to them it didn't matter. The ads pop up over the whole edit box when you go into advanced so you can't see what you are typing and you have to find the tiny x to close them. It's less hassle to leave JavaScript off. When you introduced the ads my phone started struggling with the site. The delays in loading the ads causes the screen to open then snap downwards so that if you don't wait a few seconds you will end up having your screen press registered against a thread higher up the screen. But spacing wasn't affected by turning off until this upgrade.

It saved me needing an adblocker just due to NMP but I can have a scout around for one if it's something that won't be changing on NMP.

The rest of the issues may exist on mobile too, I have been on my laptop more the last few days, but they all occurred on laptop so not specific to mobile.

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-19, 02:28
Click on the window you would like to capture.
Press Ctrl + Print Screen (Print Scrn) by holding down the Ctrl key and then pressing the Print Screen key. ...
Click the Start button, located on the lower left-hand side of your desktop.
Click on All Programs.
Click on Accessories.
Click on Paint.

or just type "paint" in to the "search programs" box to search for it

Won't you then have to save it as a file and use the insert image function to upload it?

On that note, have you noticed that has changed? Whilst the manage attachments function is still in advanced you can now do the upload straight to the post, which is an improvement (not tried it yet), but you may need to update your guides. The insert image function also has a slight issue with using urls as there is a check box that needs to be unticked each time (I have just tested this in a thread).

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-19, 03:08
Have you noticed that someone has signed up and added links immediately? Has the >10 posts been removed fpr the spammers?

Phill2
21-02-19, 05:12
Thanks guys
Great to see the "new posts since" is back :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-19, 06:40
I have to turn off JavaScript to get the site to work enough to use on mobile. On a 3.5 inch display the ads cause problems, prior to them it didn't matter. The ads pop up over the whole edit box when you go into advanced so you can't see what you are typing and you have to find the tiny x to close them. It's less hassle to leave JavaScript off. When you introduced the ads my phone started struggling with the site. The delays in loading the ads causes the screen to open then snap downwards so that if you don't wait a few seconds you will end up having your screen press registered against a thread higher up the screen. But spacing wasn't affected by turning off until this upgrade.

It saved me needing an adblocker just due to NMP but I can have a scout around for one if it's something that won't be changing on NMP.

The rest of the issues may exist on mobile too, I have been on my laptop more the last few days, but they all occurred on laptop so not specific to mobile.

Also, I came to edit a sentence using my mobile (Javascript off, I've switched it on to write this and correct the spacing in the post mentioned) that I wrote earlier on my laptop. I deleted out the middle. When I clicked save it deleted all the paragraph spacing. It also now shows text I copied from a link but without the earlier text formatting yet if you look at it in the edit function you can clearly see the rags :shrug:

This might be where the mobile version is the issue. Worth you knowing so you can determine if it's working as you want it too. None of this happened on the old forum so I'm guessing this might be a tweaking issue?

Elen
21-02-19, 08:31
I am having problems posting at times due to the screen "hanging" a bit.

I wonder if it is related to the autosave?

I touch type so tend to go quite fast and it is only recording every 2nd or 3rd letter I type.

whispershadow
21-02-19, 09:59
Thanks venus and nic, if this thing does it again I'll try and get a screenshot :blush:

Fishmanpa
21-02-19, 11:04
I was browsing/reading this morning and got a message from Wordpress that I had exceeded more page errors than a human could possibly have and it blocked me for a few minutes.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
21-02-19, 13:31
I am having problems posting at times due to the screen "hanging" a bit.

I wonder if it is related to the autosave?

I touch type so tend to go quite fast and it is only recording every 2nd or 3rd letter I type.

It was set at 30 seconds. I have upped it to 60 seconds. If that is not enough we can up it again Elen.

nomorepanic
21-02-19, 13:32
Have you noticed that someone has signed up and added links immediately? Has the >10 posts been removed fpr the spammers?

Turned off for now Terry as it stopped the "reported posts" working properly. It will be back on at some point when we work out why it is doing that.

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-19, 14:19
Turned off for now Terry as it stopped the "reported posts" working properly. It will be back on at some point when we work out why it is doing that.

Thanks Nic, just wanted to flag it in case to save them sneaking through until you noticed. Glad to hear it's under control.

nomorepanic
21-02-19, 14:27
MNIT- Alex is working on the mobile theme again tonight. We had to wait for one of the advertisers to re-issue new advert tags for us that worked on mobile devices. Will let you know when you can use it for real.

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-19, 14:34
Thanks Nic. I'll have a play once it's done. Hopefully it will resolve the stuff with the spacing.

Elen
21-02-19, 14:58
Thanks Nic

MyNameIsTerry
22-02-19, 03:38
Been testing the insert image function.

If you use the Manage Attachments found in Advanced Post it works pretty much as before but now when you upload it shows you a box where your current attachments are plus the one you have uploaded. This also allows you to simply select an existing attachment too. You just check a box after the upload and then click insert into line and then done. Dead simple. Less confusing than the previous version where you then had to go into your User CP to find the attachment, open it into a new tab/window and paste the link address out.

However, the functionality where when you slick Insert Image then use the from computer tab, doesn't work. You can use the browse function to find your file but that's it. it will show the address if the file location but there is no OK button or ability to actually do the upload. If you change the tab to the brower one and click the OK button that shows there it simple flashes OK on the screen (near the posting box for your text) but nothing happens.

MyNameIsTerry
22-02-19, 06:07
Just noticed another niggle with the mobile version, Nic. I posted but forgot about the auto removal of spacing issue so turned my JavaScript back on and clicked edit. Something else had gone wrong. I had posted a link to a newspaper site on the top line and when it saved it had taken the first word I typed underneath and pasted it on the end of the link text but inside the url end tag therefore breaking the link.

nomorepanic
23-02-19, 13:40
Alex is working on the mobile version this weekend.

MyNameIsTerry
23-02-19, 14:15
Just noticed another niggle with the mobile version, Nic. I posted but forgot about the auto removal of spacing issue so turned my JavaScript back on and clicked edit. Something else had gone wrong. I had posted a link to a newspaper site on the top line and when it saved it had taken the first word I typed underneath and pasted it on the end of the link text but inside the url end tag therefore breaking the link.This happened to me again but on my mobile this time. The link remains blue so people may not notice what it has done unless they click on it or spot that their first word is lower case and not the intended word.

nomorepanic
23-02-19, 14:24
I thought it was on your mobile the first time as well?

Can you not just leave javascript on Terry?

MyNameIsTerry
23-02-19, 15:28
I thought it was on your mobile the first time as well?

Can you not just leave javascript on Terry?

Apologies Nic, lost track and thought that had happened first when on the laptop.

No, the ads make the site too much hassle due to my screen size. It's much better with them off, I just need to remember to turn it on for this as I do if I'm posting an image (I'll turn it on and then click into advanced so it loads a fresh page) then turn it back off again afterwards. But this error I'm flagging has only happened since you upgraded. The edit function is changing my post and breaking a posted link which shouldn't happen with it off. If it were because of the JavaScript itself I could always leave it on and get an adblocker installed, it was just a quick fix I found when adding the ads ages ago (some browsers allow you to block ads to certain pages but Android only allows you to leave full functionality to other pages with JavaScript off instead which is the opposite of what I wanted).

Like the other examples I've sent you, which were on laptop, the edit function is doing some strange things to posts.

Alex
23-02-19, 17:04
The mobile theme is now live.

Please bear in mind that this is a mobile theme and may not contain everything that the desktop theme does. I am able to add certain things to it if needed.

The mobile theme has ads optimised for smaller screen so that hopefully will help as well.

Alex

whispershadow
23-02-19, 17:21
I just noticed something that's happenning on desktop:

when I click to see the list of moderators (bottom of the home page, this link: https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showgroups.php ) it won't show names just the avatars and "offline"? idk about mobile though.

nomorepanic
23-02-19, 19:45
I will add it to the list thanks whisper

jojo2316
23-02-19, 20:07
The “what’s new” button is missing from my mobile site! Is it just me?

Alex
23-02-19, 20:35
Click on the button with three dots in it at the top right of the site, it’s in there

Alex

NancyW
24-02-19, 01:20
Ohhhh my! The mobile version is beautiful! Thank you :-)

MyNameIsTerry
24-02-19, 05:06
I noticed the mobile version earlier. Thanks Alex.

JavaScript has to be on to use this version because all the previous/next functionality is gone without it. You can't see any page numbers either. Enable the JavaScript, which will be the default for us all, and it works fine.

The ads are slightly less intrusive though which is a good thing on a small screen.

A few issues to feedback though:

1) if you click beyond page 1 in the Admin notices section it switches you over to the full site.
2) clicking some boards (only tried one) from the main page takes you into full site mode.
3) I clicked back on one occasion and it took me into full site mode. Apologies as I can't remember the scenario so will have to test it to find out.

Is this because the mobile site is still under testing?

MyNameIsTerry
24-02-19, 05:10
Nic/Alex,

I just wanted to feedback about the ads. I've noticed in this update I no longer experience the snapping so it doesn't cause me to click on the wrong thread if I don't wait for the ads to complete loading. On the old version it was the header ad that seemed to open smaller than a second or two later.

So this is a good improvement for the small screen using full site mode. One banner causes issues with posting (it lifts up to almost fully cover the post box), as it did on the other, but that's no biggie as it's a pop up that can be shutdown (and it's probably something my settings could deal with if I have a play around).

Alex
24-02-19, 13:21
I noticed the mobile version earlier. Thanks Alex.

JavaScript has to be on to use this version because all the previous/next functionality is gone without it. You can't see any page numbers either. Enable the JavaScript, which will be the default for us all, and it works fine.

The ads are slightly less intrusive though which is a good thing on a small screen.

A few issues to feedback though:

1) if you click beyond page 1 in the Admin notices section it switches you over to the full site.
2) clicking some boards (only tried one) from the main page takes you into full site mode.
3) I clicked back on one occasion and it took me into full site mode. Apologies as I can't remember the scenario so will have to test it to find out.

Is this because the mobile site is still under testing?

Not seen that terry, can you try it in private browsing as I suspect you have some cached pages.

The site will not work with JavaScript off and that’s something I will not be changing as it’s simply not worth it

Thanks

Alex

MyNameIsTerry
25-02-19, 13:51
Not seen that terry, can you try it in private browsing as I suspect you have some cached pages.

The site will not work with JavaScript off and that’s something I will not be changing as it’s simply not worth it

Thanks

Alex

Thanks Alex, I cleared the cache and switched the forum skin back to mobile and it stopped this happening.

The ad issues are something I get around, and could with a blocker anyway, so I wouldn't be entertaining you changing it to work without JavaScript as it's very useful. It's only that edit issue that seems to be a problem and that has only appeared since the upgrade so I expect that just one of the buggy issues to sort out. I've been using both formats and I think they both work better on a small screen mobile than the previous version, even with the ads it's less of an issue than it was. The upgrade is well worth it.

phil06
25-02-19, 16:11
Im not a fan of the new look I have to say.

Seems the forum is more quiet now too.

nomorepanic
25-02-19, 17:12

It is standard VB4 out of the box more or less so not a lot we can do about that. The whole point of the upgrade was to get a mobile version and a more up-to-date version of VB. We didn't like VB5 so opted for VB4.

Not noticed that it is quieter to be honest.

Elen
25-02-19, 17:43

I am sure that we will get used to it, like Nic I have not noticed it being any quieter

MyNameIsTerry
26-02-19, 14:08
Nic,

You know the problem I emailed you with the edit function and how it's messing the tags up? I've just been replying to several PM's but pasted the others into the reply box for one message to so they went together and it's doing it there too. I couldn't even remove the excess tags and paste it into a fresh copy as it added even more tags in the same places so it was worse.

Otherwise I like how the new PM system auto adds the reply text in the post box underneath.

jojo2316
26-02-19, 22:04
I’m really trying to like it, but there are things I really miss. Like in the What’s New section you can’t see who started the thread until you click on it. And also you can’t see who else is viewing the thread. I’m just finding it all a bit confusing- but maybe that’s coz I’m 40+!!
Thank you so much for all the hard work though, I hate sounding complainy

jojo2316
26-02-19, 22:22
Mrs C. You haven't been barred - others can see your posts. For some reason we can't see our own "new" post or thread in "New Posts". If you search under your recent posts, it will appear :D

All will be well and someone will come along!

I feel invisible too! My own posts disappear (to me). It’s disconcerting!!

nomorepanic
26-02-19, 22:27
That is the way it works for now jojo - standard VB4 stuff. We have added it to the list to look at at some point.

MNIT - all your stuff is on the list as well

nomorepanic
26-02-19, 22:29
I’m really trying to like it, but there are things I really miss. Like in the What’s New section you can’t see who started the thread until you click on it. And also you can’t see who else is viewing the thread. I’m just finding it all a bit confusing- but maybe that’s coz I’m 40+!!
Thank you so much for all the hard work though, I hate sounding complainy

Is this on mobile?

Could you see who was viewing a thread on VB3 ?

jojo2316
26-02-19, 22:32
I am on a mobile. Is that the trouble? Yes I could see who was viewing the thread and who had started the thread before

nomorepanic
26-02-19, 22:36
This is the first time we have had a mobile theme for NMP so we are still looking at what it can and can't do.

MyNameIsTerry
27-02-19, 06:13
I am on a mobile. Is that the trouble? Yes I could see who was viewing the thread and who had started the thread before

If you want those back you could switch to the full version, it works fine on mobile. In your setting there is an option to select the skin. There you can switch between the versions.

But if look at the bottom of the screen (using the mobile version) it says Full Site. Click on that and it will change you to the full version which looks more like what you have used before.

Nic -Thanks. Not sure if you have noticed but when you click on certain things, like Full Site as mentioned to jojo, it does the change but also moves you out of the forum and to the main site homepage. I've noticed this on a few things and wondered if the redirect was wrong? If you use Contact it does and I'm assuming the report post function.

KK77
27-02-19, 14:22
The mobile theme is a condensed and concise version of desktop forum and is easier to navigate for guests/new members browsing site. Switching to "full version" on mobile is probably better for older members as they can see who started a thread and is currently viewing it etc. Both mobile versions have their advantages and I've tested them on IOS without any issues. I think it might be better to switch to mobile theme when posting, however.

I hope that the What's New feature returns to desktop version of forum and other niggles are sorted out, but moving forward, I can definitely see advantages of upgrade - especially for mobile users.

nomorepanic
27-02-19, 14:39
KK - we removed "what's new" on desktop deliberately as we now have the "active topics since .."

KK77
27-02-19, 14:50
I know it's essentially the same thing.... I just liked its format and it announcing that "KK77 just posted on Complaints Box: Post...." :shades:

MyNameIsTerry
02-03-19, 06:07
Just went into my PM's and when I tried to open one I got a message:

Your access to this site has been limited
Your access to this service has been temporarily limited. Please try again in a few minutes. (HTTP response code 503)

Reason: Exceeded the maximum number of page not found errors per minute for humans.

If you are a WordPress user with administrative privileges on this site please enter your email in the box below and click "Send". You will then receive an email that helps you regain access.

I got that when I tried to get back into the forum and for a few minutes trying to open a fresh tab from Google.

But I guess my main query is really what are the limits for non humans? If I get my dog to post for me does he get a more favourable limit? :biggrin:

Carnation
02-03-19, 08:52
:roflmao:

whispershadow
02-03-19, 09:21

I got that when I tried to get back into the forum and for a few minutes trying to open a fresh tab from Google.

But I guess my main query is really what are the limits for non humans? If I get my dog to post for me does he get a more favourable limit? :biggrin:

:roflmao:*lends you my cat Tigger to post for you* :whistles:

MyNameIsTerry
02-03-19, 13:13
:roflmao:*lends you my cat Tigger to post for you* :whistles:Thanks Whisper :hugs: there's a catnip mouse in it for her :yesyes:

nomorepanic
02-03-19, 14:50
That is a word press/word fence error Terry and it will block you for 5 minutes. We do get them and Alex is aware of it.

whispershadow
02-03-19, 15:50
Thanks Whisper :hugs: there's a catnip mouse in it for her :yesyes:

Willow says she'll post for you as well just to see what happens (she wants some chicken in exchange, she knows I got chicken in the fridge) :D

(I like the fact we can joke around in a serious thread and not have admin jumping on us over it) :whistles:

Carnation
03-03-19, 11:15
Terry, it just happened to me this morning.
I went to my pms and didn't even get to read anything and I got the thing about being a human and having my limit.
Then error 503 came up and and a load of jargon from wordpress.
The thing is, it wouldn't let me access anything on the forum at all. I had to shut everything down and start again even though I waited the 5 minutes like it said.
I got quite stressed about it all and I am concerned that I have not heard from some members that I have sent pms too. I wonder if it has happened to them and they have just given up?
While we are about it, I had trouble accessing this thread.
It didn't appear in active topics or new posts. I had ti find through my personal posts.
The pages are jumping like crazy on my mobile and when you click on a thread, it opens something completely different.
Chatroom sticks for ages, loads of error things coming up and you still can't read the post until 3 posts later, again on mobile.
I'm so worried we will lose members, definitely quieter from within the forum.
Personally I find it difficult with change, but I try and adapt, but others may not be able.
The positive is the auto save, what a blessing that is.
Sorry for moaning too much.

Alex
03-03-19, 20:41

I have increased the rate for humans so hopefully you wont get that anymore

Alex

Alex
03-03-19, 20:43
I know it's essentially the same thing.... I just liked its format and it announcing that "KK77 just posted on Complaints Box: Post...." :shades:

I have added 'Whats new' back to the desktop site. Its at the end of the forum tab

Alex

whispershadow
03-03-19, 20:49

Alex

What about the rate for cats and dogs? Just kidding :roflmao:

Alex
03-03-19, 21:16
What about the rate for cats and dogs? Just kidding :roflmao:

Gimme 10 mins will change that as well ;-)

KK77
03-03-19, 22:22
I have added 'Whats new' back to the desktop site. Its at the end of the forum tab

Alex

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/avatars/8.gif
03-03-19, 22:22
KK77 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?46862-KK77) replied to a thread New Forum problems/feedback. (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?228037-New-Forum-problems-feedback) in Welcome and No More Panic Announcements (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?22-Welcome-and-No-More-Panic-Announcements)
Good man :yahoo:
see more (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?228037-New-Forum-problems-feedback&p=1860339#post1860339)

146 replies | 2466 view(s)

Good man :yahoo:

venusbluejeans
03-03-19, 22:37

Alex

*sigh* thats it pander to KK's wishes..... he just likes seeing his name, that's all :lac::roflmao:

KK77
03-03-19, 22:43
*sigh* thats it pander to KK's wishes..... he just likes seeing his name, that's all :lac::roflmao:

Not at ALL, Miss V :whistles:

KK
KK

Fishmanpa
03-03-19, 22:44

As long as its not 'What Ifs"! ;)

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
03-03-19, 23:28
Please can we bear with us on this one. Alex has a full time job and other commitments and is doing this as a favour to me and all NMP members. We cannot expect him to be working on this full time. Thanks

venusbluejeans
03-03-19, 23:57
Not at ALL, Miss V :whistles:

Of course not :roflmao:

Carnation
04-03-19, 10:47
Sorry, I thought you wanted to know problems as per the heading :weep::blush: you are cross Nicola? You sound cross. :blush:
To be honest, it's the least of the worries in my life. I don't get answered anyway like I'm invisible. :weep: only to be told off or to be told to shut up or go away!
I was under the impression that a lot of longstanding members give free time and an incredibly huge amount of time, sometimes day and night with no thanks to try to help others on here, even if we are unfortunate enough to be medically unfit to even have a job and struggle with day to day life? Am I now barred for speaking out?
Oh well, I can just add it to the rest of the disappoints in my life. :weep::sad::emot-crying :scared15:

Carnation
04-03-19, 11:33
In truth, if the new formatted forum can not be maintained, it should not have been done in the first place, let alone the stress and grief it has caused many members that are struggling, some in silence, some have don't bother coming on anymore.
This is a lifeline for many sick people, its not a browser site like looking for a bargain on ebay, its a site that people use out of desperation, scared people, lonely people, people that don't go out and never see a living soul and they are not bothered about the latest typeset or avatar picture. They just need to be able to communicate and get help. Mental conditions are very serious matters, which you will no doubt know and what you created is truly wonderful and very selfless of you, but there is also a responsibility in the Site you gave birth to. And although you rate very high in my admiration for your principles and warrant an award for what you have done, you surely can't just walk away and say I only have an hour spare on a Tuesday or Thursday? If you need money, be bold and ask for it. 'Don't ask, don't get!'
Sorry members are really struggling with the new site and are just too scared to tell you.
Ban me if you want to for speaking out, my mission in telling you these things for the good of the members and forum has been said. :blush:
I have no doubts that the update of the site was well intentioned for the benefit of the members, but perhaps the outcome was not predicted as far as maintaining it and members not being able to use it as well as they did before.
Sincerely, Carnation.

whispershadow
04-03-19, 11:50
:hugs: Carnation, I thought Nic was telling me off for joking about the cats and dogs thing :blush:

venusbluejeans
04-03-19, 11:52
No Nic isn't cross, she just said it to remind everyone that Alex can only work on NMP in his spare time so the things which people are bringing up can only be solved quite slowly due to Alex's other commitments.

Her comment wasn't aimed at anyone but just a general one

No one was getting 'told off'

Also it is impossible to have a website 100% before it goes live as issues can only be seen when it is live hence this thread. Then the issues will be fixed when they can be. Alex has a life, he has a full time job, other commitments and other websites to deal with... he does this completely free of charge and it takes up a lot of his time as it is. he is amazing at what he does. It is certainly not a money issue at all, money isn't going to programme the 'active topics' for us, that is down to the dedication and hard work of Alex. It will be done when it can be and we won't be asking Alex to do more work on NMP than he already does as everyone needs a break from a computer screen sometimes.

nomorepanic
04-03-19, 12:14
I wasn't telling anyone off - far from it.

I was just saying that "we are listening" to all the issues members have and we have an ongoing list that is being worked on. I am a technical person but some of the stuff that needs fixing is way beyond my knowledge and only Alex can do it when he gets time.

I am sorry if members don't like the new forum but we had to upgrade it for the mobile friendly capability.

It is not about needing money to sort the issues either - it is purely Alex finding time to do it as well as work full time and having other commitments.

Any comments you post here are read and added to the list if we feel they are an issue.

whispershadow
04-03-19, 12:21
Thanks Nic and Alex :flowers:

whispershadow
04-03-19, 12:23
Oh and Carnation I can't speak for others but I'm listening to you :hugs::bighug:

Carnation
04-03-19, 13:16
Thank you whisper :hugs: at least you acknowledge me by name. Sometimes I feel like a needle in a haystack. :(

Nicola, I appreciate you coming on to answer and Emmez, who loyally supports Nicola in any way she can.
I'm aware you are both busy people and have personal lives too.
But! I think the point has been missed completely.
It's not about a new format or old one.
It's about it not working and upsetting members because they are unable to communicate and when they try and it fails, they give up!
Just a suggestion, but maybe another body on board the technical side would relieve the burden and frustration from yourself and Alex, because otherwise the outcome could mean waiting months for the problems and grief to be resolved.

There are more issues I have not mentioned yet and a little scared to, but here goes anyway...
Pictures don't load properly. They appear in word form, i. e. Gifs. When they do load, they appear all on one line and not in column format. Sometimes there is nothing at all.
Some emojis push the alignment of text out and appear half a line down. Sometimes the insert emojis don't work at all and jump around the page, hard to find them, sometimes they at the bottom, to the side and the top of the page.
As for the mobile friendly situation, I see no change apart from auto save which is apparent on computer as well.

All be it to tell you what to do as you are the boss and could end it all by pulling the plug on the whole thing if you wanted, but presently, the new format has more problems than benefits.
I can imagine how disappointed you must be knowing you must have wanted improvements and add ons and hope it all works out.
You must know by now that I am genuinely trying to help and advise, but as a technical person myself, even I can't get to grips with it. :(

Carnation
04-03-19, 13:26
'Cannot expect' is taken as don't keep asking, demanding, bothering, the sort of comment you would say to a small child. :shrug: :whistles::scared15:
That's why I took it as being told off and as someone being cross! :scared15:

I. E. "

nomorepanic
04-03-19, 13:28
I don't know anyone technical Carnation that could help us out.

Are you sure you are using the mobile friendly theme? You can select it I believe at the bottom of the screen.

Are the other problems on a desktop as I have not seen those issues?

nomorepanic
04-03-19, 13:31
'Cannot expect' is taken as don't keep asking, demanding, bothering, the sort of comment you would say to a small child. :shrug: :whistles::scared15:
That's why I took it as being told off and as someone being cross! :scared15:

I. E. "

Cannot expect means that Alex has no obligation to me or NMP to do this work. He is my ex partner so could quite have easily just walked away from it all but he hasn't. There are no other technical people that we know/trust to do the work that needs doing.

Carnation
04-03-19, 13:46
The other problems are on mobile Nicola.
Thank you for replying and I understand your predicament.
I hope you don't regret starting this baby of yours, it's a brilliant thing you have done for everyone.
I probably wouldn't still be here if it wasn't for NMP, that's why I had to say something.

nomorepanic
04-03-19, 13:58
Ok see if you have the mobile theme selected Carnation - that may help a bit.

You are welcome to make any comments you like and we do take them on board and not just ignore them I promise.

Elen
04-03-19, 14:51
I have not contributed to this thread much as I am not really a technical person.

There is a to do list being worked on and suggestions/comments are being added to this on a daily basis.

I hate change so it is taking me a little time to get used to it, but that is down to me and I will get over myself eventually lol

venusbluejeans
04-03-19, 15:09
Nicola, Alex, Emmz… Just a quick word to say I’ve had no problems whatsoever using the new forum format – to me it seems much like the old one (but I’m not using any new-fangled gadgetry, just my old laptops running either 7 or XP… yes, I’m that out of date!).

I’ve just realised, this is like creeping to teacher with an apple – would you like a Braeburn? I’ve got a lovely bunch.

You can’t please all of the people all of the time (and I can’t please any of the people any of the time – which is why I rarely bother trying):shades:

Mmmm can't beat a Braeburn.......... well you can, a pink lady is better but so expensive so braeburns come a close second.. :roflmao:

KK77
04-03-19, 15:17
Mmmm can't beat a Braeburn.......... well you can, a pink lady is better but so expensive so braeburns come a close second.. :roflmao:

I try to avoid Granny Smith :wacko:

venusbluejeans
04-03-19, 15:40
I try to avoid Granny Smith :wacko:

you shouldn't have been scrumping in her orchard should you :whistles: she gets a bit narky with people doing that so no wonder you avoid her.. :roflmao:

MyNameIsTerry
04-03-19, 16:43
you shouldn't have been scrumping in her orchard should you :whistles: she gets a bit narky with people doing that so no wonder you avoid her.. :roflmao:

:ohmy: Dirty boy!!! :blush:

venusbluejeans
04-03-19, 18:23
:ohmy: Dirty boy!!! :blush:

:roflmao:

KK77
04-03-19, 18:32
She thinks she's a Golden Delicious :doh:

venusbluejeans
04-03-19, 19:00
She gets a bit crabby when you go near her now whatever she thinks she is, she only ever wanted to be the apple of your eye but you just got on her pip!

KK77
04-03-19, 19:10
She can pip off back to Frogland :lac:

whispershadow
04-03-19, 21:15
I don't know anyone technical Carnation that could help us out.

Are you sure you are using the mobile friendly theme? You can select it I believe at the bottom of the screen.

Are the other problems on a desktop as I have not seen those issues?

If I could be trusted not to break the website (I have the technical ability of a dead slug, I can use the computer but cannot do anything technical on it) then I'd offer to help however you'd be happy me helping to fix issues but as I said I can't even trust myself not to break something if I have too many buttons to push so I'm not the right one to offer my help :shrug:

Fishmanpa
07-03-19, 23:42
I was trying to remember a member and knew the first letter/part of their screen name but couldn't recall it correctly so I went looking. Unless I'm just missing it, I don't see the "Members List" link. You know... with names and sometimes pics that you can search alphabetically?

Positive thoughts

KK77
07-03-19, 23:55
Top left corner under menu bar on your profile page, old boy ;)

KK77
08-03-19, 02:25
Odd...I noticed that only "stock" NMP avatars were appearing in activity stream (desktop and mobile themes) so tested it by downloading my own avatar which indeed didn't show up. It's a blank space where the avatar should be :lac:

MyNameIsTerry
08-03-19, 02:42

Alex

Thanks Alex.

It's just happened to me twice in quick succession. It seems to be when coming in & out of PM's, it's not happened on the forum.

MyNameIsTerry
08-03-19, 02:43
Not sure if you have noticed but the who's online list at the bottom of the screen has changed from alphabetical order. I noticed it earlier on my phone but it's the same on the laptop.

Alex
08-03-19, 10:05
Not sure if you have noticed but the who's online list at the bottom of the screen has changed from alphabetical order. I noticed it earlier on my phone but it's the same on the laptop.

I changed it Terry so that it has the admins at the start, as it was on the old forum

Thanks

Alex

Fishmanpa
08-03-19, 14:22
Top left corner under menu bar on your profile page, old boy ;)

Thanks!... used to be at the bottom of the page. Didn't even think to look on my profile page!

whispershadow
08-03-19, 21:23
I changed it Terry so that it has the admins at the start, as it was on the old forum

Thanks

Alex

I just noticed it myself ........

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/users_online.pngCurrently Active UsersThere are currently 1377 users online (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/online.php). 65 members and 1312 guests
Most users ever online was 11,082, 10-05-16 at 11:07.

SarashM (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?59495-SarashM),
roseanxiety (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?56677-roseanxiety),
Scaniaman612 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?91526-Scaniaman612),
Scass (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?77411-Scass),
shaka (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?16254-shaka),
Senior Moment (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?79725-Senior-Moment),
Reddog (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?91340-Reddog),
Rebecca10 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?24976-Rebecca10),
Natalie2389 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?45136-Natalie2389),
NancyW (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?34843-NancyW),
NervUs (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?79331-NervUs),
Olneythelonely (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?33463-Olneythelonely),
pandaloverx (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?89817-pandaloverx),
Shoegal72 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?76417-Shoegal72),
sollythegolly (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?73363-sollythegolly),
Vixen5 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?63370-Vixen5),
unsure_about_this (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?51397-unsure_about_this),
Worried09 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?91029-Worried09),
WPSNAT_811 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?91166-WPSNAT_811),
XX (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?80951-XX)
UnhappyWorrier (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?78168-UnhappyWorrier),
tttdawg (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?86879-tttdawg),
steelah1 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?91592-steelah1),
stars1976 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?86050-stars1976),
StressedEric (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?29046-StressedEric),
suemarieee (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?91336-suemarieee),
TimetoTurn (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?76674-TimetoTurn),
MyNameIsTerry (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?59808-MyNameIsTerry),
Murphy93 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?61778-Murphy93),
Carnation (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?61547-Carnation),
Capercrohnj (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?77536-Capercrohnj),
Catherine S (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?53354-Catherine-S),
charliepanayi (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?32060-charliepanayi),
Delilah001 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?91462-Delilah001),
Buster70 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?72909-Buster70),
BlueIris (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?90985-BlueIris),
Alde (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?91068-Alde),
23fish (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?66786-23fish),
begonia (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?52610-begonia),
beq45 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?91409-beq45),
BethanyH (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?65484-BethanyH),
DivineAngle (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?74966-DivineAngle),
fishman65 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?3966-fishman65),
mcray1981 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?28005-mcray1981),
Mark1974 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?87629-Mark1974),
Midnight-mouse (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?83044-Midnight-mouse),
missworry (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?27098-missworry),
Mudskipper (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?11315-Mudskipper),
lisa-lane (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?11080-lisa-lane),
LewisWardell (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?84394-LewisWardell),
Greycylinder (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?86234-Greycylinder),
Frog (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?51998-Frog),
Hangside (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?90182-Hangside),
helenhoo (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?74452-helenhoo),
jojo2316 (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?11963-jojo2316),
whispershadow (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?88496-whispershadow),

So if I understand it right, the member SarashM (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?59495-SarashM), is a admin? Being as their name is the first on the list?

I'm at the end of the list ......... idk what that makes me ......... :shrug:

spammer?????????? idk

nomorepanic
08-03-19, 22:20
No she isn't. It is a bit confusing - I will talk to Alex about it.

whispershadow
08-03-19, 22:32
No she isn't. It is a bit confusing - I will talk to Alex about it.

thanks nic sorry for finding it confusing :blush:

Carys
08-03-19, 22:34
It's just happened to me twice in quick succession. It seems to be when coming in & out of PM's, it's not happened on the forum.

Ahha, I just came to ask about this issue, I think?; the strange message when clicking around in PMs. Something called 'wordpress' or 'word fence' or something tells you that you are locked out and to come back in a short while, as you are getting more pages not found than is possible for a human. Paraphrasing - is that what you are talking about ? I've had it a lot today.

Fishmanpa
08-03-19, 23:14
Ahha, I just came to ask about this issue, I think?; the strange message when clicking around in PMs. Something called 'wordpress' or 'word fence' or something tells you that you are locked out and to come back in a short while, as you are getting more pages not found than is possible for a human. Paraphrasing - is that what you are talking about ? I've had it a lot today.

I've had this happen too. It seems to happen when you use the forward and back buttons on your browser to go through posts or messages quickly. If I click in and then go back to the page index, no problem.

Positive thoughts

venusbluejeans
08-03-19, 23:55
The word fence blocking has been moved back onto the 'in progress' list

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-19, 01:58

Thanks

Alex

Thanks Alex.

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-19, 01:59

Yep, that's it. I had it 3 times in the night. It's only ever when popping in & our of PM's.

I'm waiting for a thread on the DP/DR board by someone worrying they are not human as the message says :winks:

Thanks Venus.

EDIT: It's not just navigating in PM's, I've just had it happen several times when selecting messages to delete.

Carys
09-03-19, 09:38
I'm waiting for a thread on the DP/DR board by someone worrying they are not human as the message says :winks:

Ha ha, yeahhhhhhh.......if my pc thinks I'm not human......

The thing is, oddly, there have been no noted 'pages not found' and even if they were it was only like 1 as you clicked into something and it faulted and didn't find it. I am locked out of the forum for, maybe 10 to 15 minutes?

venusbluejeans
09-03-19, 12:53
Yep, that's it. I had it 3 times in the night. It's only ever when popping in & our of PM's.

Thanks Venus.

EDIT: It's not just navigating in PM's, I've just had it happen several times when selecting messages to delete.

It is random when it appears at the minute.... you can be doing anything when it happens. It was Alex's birthday yesterday so he has gone away for the weekend... so nothing will be sorted in the next few days, but I think we can allow Alex a break lol

whispershadow
09-03-19, 12:56
It is random when it appears at the minute.... you can be doing anything when it happens. It was Alex's birthday yesterday so he has gone away for the weekend... so nothing will be sorted in the next few days, but I think we can allow Alex a break lol

Happy birthday for yesterday Alex, for when you see this :D

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-19, 13:23
It is random when it appears at the minute.... you can be doing anything when it happens. It was Alex's birthday yesterday so he has gone away for the weekend... so nothing will be sorted in the next few days, but I think we can allow Alex a break lolHappy birthday, Alex :birthday::birthday1:

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-19, 13:27

Thanks Venus.

I'm sure it will all get sorted in the end. Error logs are the reality with any rollout and we just have to wait until Alex has the time. We all understand that. Anything I post on here is so you know and can plan, there is no expectation of timescale.

KK77
09-03-19, 13:39
Happy Birthday to Alex for yesterday - hope you had a good one ;)

Also, when you have time, the Contacts Pop-Up is still illegible and garbled :whistles:

whispershadow
09-03-19, 14:18
*sneaks a birthday cake into this thread for Alex*

*KK77 is the one who gets seen near the cake cause I sneaked out and they think he put it there* :whistles:

KK77
09-03-19, 14:35
*KK77 is the one who gets seen near the cake cause I sneaked out and they think he put it there* :whistles:

*Eats slice of cake and leaves thread*

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-19, 14:40
Due to errors on the new forum the message got messed up resulting in Alex walking in to find a happy birthday banner over the top of a large cak :ohmy::blush:

KK77
11-03-19, 22:40
Wordfence has locked me out of my office 6 times tonight, telling me I'm non-human! I've known that for years now :lac:

venusbluejeans
12-03-19, 11:12
Wordfence has locked me out of my office 6 times tonight, telling me I'm non-human! I've known that for years now :lac:

To be fair we have all known that for the last 10 years :yesyes:

KK77
12-03-19, 13:00
To be fair we have all known that for the last 10 years :yesyes:

Time for lunch http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/mystic/h0540.gif

venusbluejeans
12-03-19, 20:56
Time for lunch http://yoursmiles.org/hsmile/mystic/h0540.gif

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3o72FaKt5kTvpJUnXG/200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c881bda4d6d416163616caf

Alex
14-03-19, 20:20
Thanks for the Birthday wishes :-)

Back now and working hard :-)

Alex
14-03-19, 20:41

Thanks Venus.

Terry et al

I have made a few changes so let me know if its still a problem.

I think the problem is being caused by missing images on the forum. Wordfence only allows a certain number of 404, missing images, before it will block you so I have

1) For now upped the number of missing images that a user can have to a big number
2) Started finding all of the missing images and adding them back

Alex

whispershadow
15-03-19, 16:47
Thanks for all the hard work you're putting into this forum, Alex :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
15-03-19, 18:26
Thanks Alex. I've not seen it happen again so far but will replicate what I was doing to see if it triggers the error.

KK77
20-03-19, 12:57
Not sure why only NMP "stock" avatars show up on activity stream and not members' own downloaded ones. Just a blank space where avatar should be. Same for activity stream on members' profile pages. I thought it was a temporary glitch but it's not been resolved.

Could all these missing avatars be reason why Wordfence was being activated (which hasn't been an issue since Alex increased number of missing images allowed)?

nomorepanic
20-03-19, 14:00
Not sure what you mean KK - how do I look at these things?

KK77
20-03-19, 14:31
Not sure what you mean KK - how do I look at these things?

I will PM you screenshots, Nic.

KK77
20-03-19, 14:54
NMP avatars show up (eg your avatar) but downloaded ones (like mine) don't... Same on members' profile page activity stream.

KK77
20-03-19, 14:57
This is desktop version on laptop but same occurs on my phone using both mobile and desktop versions.

KK77
20-03-19, 15:00

nomorepanic
20-03-19, 15:09
Thanks - will ask Alex to have a look

MNIT - your issues are still on the list - we haven't forgotten about you :winks:

KK77
24-03-19, 00:51
That gives a CSS-based fix, and it will work fine. The problem is simply that the activity stream uses avatar thumbnails and assumes that the thumbnails exist. You'll want to make sure your customavatars/thumbs folder is writable and go to Admin CP -> Maintenance -> General Update Tools and run Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails.

I found a solution to my problem searching the VBulletin Database.

nomorepanic
24-03-19, 13:59
Alex was going to look at the permissions this weekend as I thought it could be that.

I will add your notes above to his list - thanks KK

Alex
24-03-19, 19:34
Alex was going to look at the permissions this weekend as I thought it could be that.

I will add your notes above to his list - thanks KK

Avatars are fixed now, it was an issue with the server configuration.

It only affected Avatar thumbnails which is why there are ok in the main forum.

I have rebuilt all of the avatar thumbnails as well.

Thanks

Alex

KK77
24-03-19, 19:38
Avatars are fixed now, it was an issue with the server configuration.

It only affected Avatar thumbnails which is why there are ok in the main forum.

I have rebuilt all of the avatar thumbnails as well.

Thanks

Alex

Excellent job, Alex :shades:

MyNameIsTerry
14-04-19, 13:54
Just wanted to add something in case it's due to the upgrade. I've noticed if you mutliquote, post and then reply with quote to something different (on the same page in my case) it multiquotes the previous in with your reply. Not sure if it did that before as I would have thought posting via multiquote would untick them knowing the next post is new. :shrug:

I've noticed the list of members online has reverted to alphabetical order too but have you noticed it now splits us all into two groups?

Thanks for the continued hard work, Nic, Alex and the Admin team. :yesyes:

nomorepanic
14-04-19, 13:57
It separates admins and members - is that what you mean?

MyNameIsTerry
14-04-19, 14:00
No, where it shows just the members they go A-Z and then A-Z again. Before the upgrade they started with your own name and then just went A-Z once. After the upgrade they were all over the place in no order but recently I've seen this change to A-Zx2.

nomorepanic
14-04-19, 14:17
Not sure where you are seeing this Terry.

MyNameIsTerry
14-04-19, 14:44
It's at the bottom of the main forum screen:

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forum.php

In the What's Going On section.

nomorepanic
14-04-19, 15:05
yeah looks fine on laptop. I guess you are on mobile?

KK77
14-04-19, 15:29
I see that too and I'm on laptop. You must have different view as admin.

Also, Contacts Pop-up is still illegible due to text being merged with on-offline button.

The option to add a member as contact when you click on their user name is also missing. You can't add them from their profile page either. You have to enter their name manually into your Contacts list. Before, you had option to add member as contact when you clicked on user name or from their profile pages.

MyNameIsTerry
14-04-19, 15:39
I'm on my laptop using Edge. It's the same on mobile using the standard forum view (not the moble site) and whether JavaScript is on or off I get the same issue.

I did wonder if it was due to underscores or similiar characters but members like aprilmoon were always at the start of the list before (you will see she is half way through now as it starts back at A).

MyNameIsTerry
14-04-19, 15:41
Got it, the first bunch are all first letter capitals and the second bunch aren't.

nomorepanic
14-04-19, 16:41
ahh yeah it looked ok to me as I could see it was sorting them by upper case then lower. I will ask Alex if it can be sorted regardless of case.

KK - will let him know your stuff as well.

MyNameIsTerry
14-04-19, 16:47
Thanks Nic :yesyes:

nomorepanic
25-04-19, 16:36
ahh yeah it looked ok to me as I could see it was sorting them by upper case then lower. I will ask Alex if it can be sorted regardless of case.

Sorry Terry but this can't be changed as Alex looked at it but it is in the "core" VBulletin code which he does not want to change as it makes upgrades harder.

- will let him know your stuff as well.

You are still on the to-do list :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
26-04-19, 14:09
Thanks Nic. It was only a very minor thing spotted anyway, not worth doing a load of work on. The issues with the Edit and having to refresh are more of a bugbear and that pop message about leaving threads. Just minor annoyances though.

nomorepanic
26-04-19, 14:43
I will have a look into them again for you.

Alex
28-04-19, 20:21
The option to add a member as contact when you click on their user name is also missing. You can't add them from their profile page either. You have to enter their name manually into your Contacts list. Before, you had option to add member as contact when you clicked on user name or from their profile pages.

Thats fixed now :-)

Alex
28-04-19, 20:24
Also, Contacts Pop-up is still illegible due to text being merged with on-offline button.

Where are you seeing this and is it on desktop or mobile?

Thanks

Alex

KK77
28-04-19, 20:32
Where are you seeing this and is it on desktop or mobile?

Thanks

Alex
Desktop view. I see you have also added Contacts and "Friends" options ;)

Alex
28-04-19, 20:37
Desktop view. I see you have also added Contacts and "Friends" options ;)

Yeah added the friends functions back :-)

Is this the popup that appears when you lick on a name in a post?

KK77
28-04-19, 20:38
It's the Contacts Pop-up in Quick Links.

Alex
28-04-19, 20:55
It's the Contacts Pop-up in Quick Links.

Close the contacts popup if its open, reload the site and have a look now. I have removed the 'Invisible' icon as its pretty pointless in that list

KK77
28-04-19, 20:58
Close the contacts popup if its open, reload the site and have a look now. I have removed the 'Invisible' icon as its pretty pointless in that list

Great! Looks fine now. Thanks ;)

Alex
28-04-19, 21:25
Great! Looks fine now. Thanks ;)

Pleasure :-)

MyNameIsTerry
29-04-19, 04:46
Yeah added the friends functions back :-)

Is this the popup that appears when you lick on a name in a post?

Ah, that's why I didn't get this then...I generally don't lick people's names http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/tongue/m2250.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/m-tongue.php?page=2):biggrin:

...I do sometimes tenderly caress them though...:whistles:

whispershadow
29-04-19, 09:07
Ah, that's why I didn't get this then...I generally don't lick people's names http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/tongue/m2250.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/m-tongue.php?page=2):biggrin:

...I do sometimes tenderly caress them though...:whistles:

I think Alex meant click :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
27-05-19, 02:42
Just adding another issue with tags.

I just pasted two seperate blocks of text in a thread. I was reducing the spacing and accidentely deleted the "[" from the start of the end tag of the 2nd block. When I put it back in manually it didn't actually wrap the text and just showed the tags on the post. I corrected it by deleting the tags and re-wrapping the text with new ones from the menu.

Some strange stuff going on with these tags. Sometimes it will split blocks of text into two for no reason I can see. In some cases I've noticed it's where there is an emoticon or new paragraph. It often pushes the emoticons onto the next line too.

MyNameIsTerry
19-06-19, 13:39
A couple of issues noticed over the last 2 days:

1) selecting multiquote and then replying. When I came to reply to another post in the thread the multi quote ticks had not been removed by the previous completed action of posting. I had to manually de-select them.

2) Editing a post. This one has plenty of issues as already raised earlier on but this is new. I wrote some next text in a post when editing and the previously reported problem (that happens pretty much every time now unless I refresh my browser first) and selected it all, including the text I was replying to, then clicked refresh, then edit, then pasted in the copied text (over anything in that post). It pasted in my copied text but also added a part of it again on the end. This wasn't a pasting error on my part (e.g. if I pasted in between text already on screen) because I blanked out the text box before pasting the whole lot. So, it added part of my copied text again on the end and this text was actually half way through the post.

MyNameIsTerry
21-06-19, 02:52
A couple of issues noticed over the last 2 days:

1) selecting multiquote and then replying. When I came to reply to another post in the thread the multi quote ticks had not been removed by the previous completed action of posting. I had to manually de-select them.

2) Editing a post. This one has plenty of issues as already raised earlier on but this is new. I wrote some next text in a post when editing and the previously reported problem (that happens pretty much every time now unless I refresh my browser first) and selected it all, including the text I was replying to, then clicked refresh, then edit, then pasted in the copied text (over anything in that post). It pasted in my copied text but also added a part of it again on the end. This wasn't a pasting error on my part (e.g. if I pasted in between text already on screen) because I blanked out the text box before pasting the whole lot. So, it added part of my copied text again on the end and this text was actually half way through the post.

Just to update...

1) had this again just. I even left the thread and came back and it was still there. Oddly after the next couple of posts it hadn't saved these ticks. I did post a fresh post in between so I wonder if that broke the link?

2) this happened in PM when I was copying several tabs into one (multiple PM's from someone where I typed replies in separate tabs as it's easier to see) but only happened on one of the two I copied over.

MyNameIsTerry
29-06-19, 12:55
Update.

The multiquote issue raised above is holding onto the ticks for days later making the list bigger & bigger.

nomorepanic
29-06-19, 17:52
Alex hasn't been well so is not looking at issues on NMP at the moment. Perhaps you could google it MNIT and see what you can find on VBulletin forums as we are using the standard product now.

MyNameIsTerry
30-06-19, 16:16
Alex hasn't been well so is not looking at issues on NMP at the moment. Perhaps you could google it MNIT and see what you can find on VBulletin forums as we are using the standard product now.

I hope he gets better soon :hugs:

I've have a look around and it appears to be this:

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vbulletin-4/vbulletin-4-questions-problems-and-troubleshooting/408721-multiquotes-not-clearing

I tried clearing my cookies to see if it deals with it. It doesn't.

The only way is to manually deselect multiquotes or use the reply function. The latter clears them out. So, it sounds like a value issue at your end. Nothing in my settings for this and it's only since the upgrade so probably some sort of default.

I tested it across multiple threads too. If you tick it across them (I tested 2 on this page, 1 on another thread and 1 on a test thread Alex had set up) and the ticks remain on all of them. If you click the reply to post at the top of the thread it will only add the quote from that thread into the post box though.

So, if you don't clear out these ticks each time, or post from them, you build them up across threads and then when you return to that thread and click on a reply button the old text pops back up.

MyNameIsTerry
15-11-19, 05:23
Nic,

A new problem needs logging. I was talking to Charlie about excluding certain forums from view but I can't see to access Settings from the mobile version of NMP. If I click on Full Site it just takes me to a 404 page error.

This doesn't affect me as use a laptop too but for Charlie she has no way to get into her user settings. Is there another way?

MyNameIsTerry
15-11-19, 06:14
Sorry Nic, ignore that. With JavaScript off the 404 error occurs. :doh: Forgot about that

So Charlie will be able to access the Full Site option.