PDA

View Full Version : Help please

SammiB
05-09-07, 09:45
Hello again yet another problem

this time with my eye

Yesterday afternoon it started, my left eye feels so funny, as if it shoudn't be there,

i can see out of it fine when i shut my right eye but with both open it feels like it has no sight at all even though it does, its making me freak as i don't know what it is

AGhrrr PAnic

xxxx

Dying_Swan
05-09-07, 09:51
Hi SammiB.

Can you explain a bit more? Was there anything that started it off? Does it hurt/itch? Is it red/watery etc? Any recent injuries?

xxxx

SammiB
05-09-07, 09:55
it doesn't hurt or itch goes watery sometimes, feels quite strained, but it just feels as if its not working with both eyes open.

its also not as bad when looking at things far away but looking at a computer screen or anything up close its as if my left eye isn't there

beauty
05-09-07, 09:57
Hey Sammi,
I know what you mean, i just thought about it then and if you think about it enough it does feel a bit like one of your eyes isnt working, even though when you close each one you can prove that they are.
I'm not sure what to say other than to try and think logically, you know your eyes are working fine because you have tested it by closing on eye etc. Try not to think about it, although i know how hard that can be.
Hope youre okay xxx

Dying_Swan
05-09-07, 10:16
SammiB.

It sounds as though it is fine to me. If you are really worried then make an appointment with the GP or the Optician.

Maybe it is some form of depersonalisation? I remember convinving myself there was something wrong with my tongue once (I was intoxicated) - even though nothing had happened, I was certain there was something wrong. Once I stopped focusing on it, it was fine again.

I hope it feels better soon xxx

SammiB
05-09-07, 10:21
Thanks very much all, i think i am jsut focusing on it way too much but you know how it is, i'm going to make an appointment with the optician just incase i'm developing a lazy eye

thanks all

luc
05-09-07, 10:21
Could you explain depersalisation please?

Dying_Swan
05-09-07, 10:29
SammiB.

Good woman. I think you are right, and that once you stop thinking about it, it will be fine. Yes, I do know how it is! It's really difficult to stop focusing on it.

I think it is a good idea to see the Optician, just to put your mind at rest.

Luc - there are many threads about depersonalisation/derealisation which you can search for. Just briefly, it is basically feeling 'unreal', as though you aren't real (depersonalisation). Derealisation is where you feel the world and the things around you aren't real. Both are very common symptoms of Anxiety.

Good luck SammiB xxx