PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out: tonsil lump

JB33
21-02-19, 18:05
Been having a sore throat for about a month now, had this same feeling about a year ago too and a number of dr visits. Went last week and he had a look inside my mouth but said he can’t see anything but today I noticed a flesh coloured lump/nodule about 3mm long or so on the front arch .... just behind the flap Infront of my tonsils. I’m now freaking out as it was difficult to spot and had to really look at an angle to see it and think he has missed it. Called for an appointment and explained to him, he now said it’s worth a look and has me in tears and feeling like I can’t cope anymore as I’m also off work with depression. I haven’t noticed this particular lump before but now thinking it’s worst case scenario and they missed it. Also had a dental checkup 4 months back as a routine appointment so trying to reassure myself if it was there then they would have spotted it.

Can we develop these nodules and lumps lumps on the tissue?

JB33
21-02-19, 20:21
All the views and no replies. I’ll just deal with the anxiety until tomorrow.

Reddog
21-02-19, 20:54
Any chance this is a tonsil stone?

stressbelle
21-02-19, 21:16
Tonsils can be kind of lumpy in general. I also get tonsil stones and they can appear as little bumps or ridges. Or it could easily be a blocked salivary gland or even a little wound that didn't heal. I had a bump inside my cheek, small and flesh-colored, and I had multiple dentists over the years say it was nothing worrisome. It eventually just went away. In my experience dentists do check out a lot when they're giving you an exam and know what to look for so I'm sure they would've noticed this if it was severe. I hope you get good reassurance tomorrow.