PDA

View Full Version : ECG and Venlafaxine

maz
05-09-07, 12:28
I have just had a phone call from my key worker at the hospital who has made an appointment for me tomorrow to go for a ECG. This was not expected or talked about previously. She said there is nothing to worry about but it all seems a bit sudden to me. I have felt breathless, unwell and very tired the past few weeks. My medication changed to venlafaxine about 4 weeks ago. I find it difficult to go out and only really go to the hospital 3 times a week. I am so scared now. Is there anyone else who has been sent for an ECG at very short notice?

joy
07-09-07, 17:48
you should always have an ECG before starting venlafaxine , so they prob just forgot to do it so have got in a flap! Dont worry

Joy

Jimbo
07-09-07, 18:54
Hey Maz,

It's nothing to worry about, I had to have the same when I started venlafaxine. It's just a precaution, and rules out any potential problems.

It only takes about 10 mins and just requires them sticking some pads on your chest, shoulders and abdomen.

The tiredness and unwell feeling may well be the initial side effects of the venlafaxine and should ease off after a while.

Good luck,

Jim :hugs:

northern_sky
07-09-07, 19:06
I was on venlafaxine/effexor for 5 years it was only after this 5 years another Doc told me they say you should have an ECG if you're on it now. This is just what one doc told me so they may not all do this.

I've had 2 ECGs and they are no problem. I did put the gown on the wrong way though. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: < I'm an idiot. :winks: